eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Text ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovelines

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Text ? Reply with quote

Again , I appologise for this question, it most likely has been addressed before However, I searched but could not find it.

Am I correct in assessing that there is limited text on the Home page? Is there anyway to have more text on home page?

Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
outfitkit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: text Reply with quote

There is a limit to the amount of text that you can have on a homepage. The text will be cut off if you go over the limit.

I would suggest not having too much text on your homepage. Most people are not going to read a whole bunch of text so you should be as explicit and concise as possible.
outfitkit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: check your spelling Reply with quote

Forgot to check out your homepage before I replied. You should double-check it because you have some spelling errors.

Also, the whole you have to order $15 of products before we ship is really confusing. I could see you potentially losing customers. A better alternative might be to offer free shipping on orders over $15 and charge shipping for anything under $15. A ton of websites do this and I think it is a good way to upsell. I know that I would rather use my $15 to get goods instead of spending $5 on an item and paying $6 in shipping fees.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck.

Julie
lovelines

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the replies!

Okay, on the shipping here the issue I have, I want to do flar rate cost based shipping, however it is not an option. So, what your are suggesting is... Free shipping for $15 plus and charging shipping for less then $15 orders? And ultimately this would encourage what I want anyhow, which is folks ordering at least $15 so I do not get stiffed in the shipping. Do I have it right? The thing is, I would have no idea knowing who would order what so the matrix would not work. Maybe I will just not carrying anything under $15.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate the input from all!

PS I REALLY LOVE YOUR PRODUCT! WOW great idea!
outfitkit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm..... that is a tough one.

I think you can refund shipping to people who order more than $15 but I am not sure.

You should find a topic that BigTallMen's clothing has posted because he really seems to know the ins and outs or ask the ecrater team.

It appears that plenty of people are offering discounted shipping so they must do it some how.

I would highly suggest doing it this way if at all possible it just seems much more user-friendly.

Julie
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are saying you want to do COST BASED shipping, it can't be done.

You have 2 options here.
Flat rate per item
or
Weight based and you use the shipping matrix.
outfitkit

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: If it can't be done Reply with quote

If it can't be done where any order over $15 has free shipping then I would just state that any item over $15 has free shipping and charge shipping for everything else.

That is still a good promotion. I think that you can refund the shipping or invoice a customer the correct amount.

So for example, if someone orders $100 worth of goods and 5 of those items are under $15 and you don't want to charge them $15 for shipping then you could refund the $15.

Just make sure that you state it in all your listings. It is a little tricky but it might work.

My other idea was to group less expensive items together into packages. So a $15 package would include several items. That would make things much simpler because you would have free shipping for everything.

I don't know if your items are similar enough to sell in groups but it is an idea.

Julie
Hogwild-Bargains-on-Aisle-5

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it easier to include the shipping in the price. If it turns out someone purchases several items I can ship together, I can refund a portion back to their account
lovelines

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: great ideas Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. Shipping is such a struggle. Could one create shipping as a purchase? A Category and have customers add it on?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: great ideas Reply with quote

lovelines wrote:
Thanks for all the help. Shipping is such a struggle. Could one create shipping as a purchase? A Category and have customers add it on?

NOPE, that's against the terms of ecrater.com
lovelines

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please reference, I cannot find that it would be, I am sure your correct, I need to know for future use. Thanks

This is what I find I see not refernce to shipping???? Help...

3.3 What is not allowed to post?

- Body parts & organs
- Pirated materials and products
- Copyrighted Materials (images & texts)
- Counterfeit Designer Items (replicas or imitation of designer products)
- Fake Documents
- Illegal Goods and Services
- Personal Information about another individual
- Prescription Drugs
- Prostitution
- Currency Exchanges
- The same or very similar content several times (even in different categories)
- Miscategorization
- Meaningless title & description
- Test items unless your store is put on-hold
- Free items and items with prices that are not "real"
- Pre-order items
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.3 What is not allowed to post?
Free items and items with prices that are not "real"

Shipping is not an item for sale. GOOGLE won't allow not products in the feed, therefore ecrater.com can not allow non-products to be listed as an item for sale.
lovelines

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes no sense to me...hahaha! So, wouldn't service be non a product items as well?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not if you are selling a service.

Shipping is not a service, if they buy an item - you got to ship it.
outfitkit

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Not sure if this will help Reply with quote

I am not sure if this will help you but you can use the zones more as units instead of weights.

For example, I wanted to offer free shipping for shoes if you purchased an outfit. The only way that I was able to do this is to set the zone 1 and zone 2 both to $7.00 this way if they order 1 item or 2 items they are only being charged $7.00. For zones 3 and above I added 2.00 each time so each additional item above 2 will increase shipping by 2.00.

You have to set all of your items to 1 for this to work because it reads it as 1 pound or unit and adds them together to get which zone to use for shipping. So if someone orders 3 items in my store the program would look at zone 3 for shipping. In your case you might set zone 3 to 0.00 and any item over $15 you would set to 3.

It is really confusing and I am not exactly sure that it would work for you because a person could purchase 2 items totaling $16 and not get the free shipping.

If you could think of some other shipping promotion that would fit into the limitations of the shipping matrix I think you would be better off.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: