eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to ecrater from London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdfashionboutique

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: New to ecrater from London Reply with quote

Hello my name is Gilda and I am based in London. My store sells stylish and affordable handbags, costume jewellery and scarves.
www.gdfashionboutique.com

I am new to e-commerce but enjoying the journey. Still waiting for my first sale after launching 2 weeks ago. I have a fantastic web master who introduced me to ecrater so I am learning new things and reading the forums for advice.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Couple of things I noticed.
You state in your terms that you ship 24/7, 365 days a year but not holidays and weekends. Since holidays and weekends are part of the 365 days you need to reword that. Sorry I just reread that. Haven't had enough coffee yet.

Are you drop shipping? Your photos have the pro-look of a drop shipper. If so you must have the items in your possession in order to sell them on eCRATER. You can't use 3rd party shippers. If you are a US/UK joint venture, are items bound for the US shipped from the US. You need to clarify this in your terms.

Last edited by MaggietheCatsMeows on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
gdfashionboutique

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your observations. I will edit accordingly.
gdfashionboutique

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you enjoyed your coffee. I like the look of your site.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a buyer, I would love to see the inside of purses. You can use up to 10 pictures, so show as much of the product as you can.
gdfashionboutique

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that SammysSupplies. I will definitely use up the spaces for more pics.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed something. Some of your purse listings state that you have them available in different colors. You need to create a listing for each color you have available & take photos of each different one.

There is no drop down menu on ecrater for buyers to select colors, sizes, patterns, etc. so it's confusing to buyers when they have to send you an email or leave you a note during checkout saying "I'd like the blue version of this purse". Most buyers won't jump through any extra hoops to buy something as this is a fast faced want it right now online shopping era.

It's just easier for buyers if you have seperate listings for each color you have available to avoid confusion (buyer writing you later & swearing they wanted the orange purse when you know they said blue) plus, you'll get more sales that way. As for the no sales, it takes time. You have to promote your store here as ecrater does a little to pull traffic into the marketplace where everyone's items are but, they don't do anything to bring traffic to your store. That's completely up to you. So start promoting & give it some time.
gdfashionboutique

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback tigercreekgifts. I will take your suggestion on board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: