eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

.com forwarding
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TWTProducts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: .com forwarding Reply with quote

I recently paid for a .com forwarding service but this has not worked out yet......is this available with ecrater ? Anyone please help......thanks and have a nice day Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you paid for. All you have to do is register a domain. All services that do that should have free instructions online telling you how to set it up to forward it to your ecrater store. Just be sure you use just forwarding and not forwarding with masking because masking will mess up the checkout process.

Last edited by thecheapskirt on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TWTProducts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you cheapskirt for your input on this whole situation......I went through register.com......on feb 10th.....and yet still when I type in my .com address it says not found......is there any other services that do the same?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pay money to register.com to register you domain name? Is your domain name a dot com that matches your ecrater store? Did you check to see that money was actually sent to register.com?

A check of whois.com for twtproducts.com shows that name was registered on Feb. 10 at register.com, but the address given doesn't match the address given on your terms page. If you got an email stating your name was registered or if you had money taken from your credit card or bank account, you need to contact register.com to see what you need to do to forward the domain name to your eCRATER store. They are an old company by internet years and you might have made a mistake in the process needed to forward the name.

Make sure you are trying to "Forward" the domain name to eCRATER. "Moving" the domain name is a totally different process (and not possible at eCRATER). "Masking" is also a different process and, as cheapskirt said, doesn't work with the eCRATER checkout system.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many places that sell domain names. I use Hostway, but I know there are lots of places and probably anyone here that has their own domain name got them in different places.

One thing that you do have to be careful of is, I think the name is Domain Registry, that sends out actual snail mail telling you that you need to renew your domain name and the bill is around $50+. Well since I didn't buy my domain through them, why would I do that? AND they are charging about 4 times as much as my Hostway site that will automatically renew and send you a notice via email about renewing. We get those letters for different domains names that we have including one that my hubby had before he met me and isn't a Hostway one. When you first get it, you are a bit baffled. Now I know to pitch in the closest round filing cabinet.

I also get notices almost like those telling me it is time to renew magazine subscriptions for magazines I don't even get and yet again at 2-3 times the regular by mail price. I doubt that even if you pay the money you will ever see a magazine. I just hate it how so many are trying to rob people of their money! Evil or Very Mad
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In checking into this for the OP, I found something on register.com that surprised me. I have never known of a company that charges for domain name forwarding. However, register.com offers two "services" for domain name forwarding. They offer basic forwarding for free and you get, "This has a banner (with Register.com and/or third-party ads) that forwarded visitors will see at the bottom of your Web site." If you don't want the ad banner, they will forward without ads for $49.00. I didn't see where this was a one time payment or per year.

It's possible that their "free" service doesn't work with eCRATER. An email to eCRATER should answer that question.

Maybe this is normal with discounts, but it's the first I've seen this. All our (hubby & I) domains are registered with PairNIC.com. They are not the cheapest, but I feel they are the best in putting their customer first, no BS, excellent CS, and super reliable service. We also have 3 websites with their sister site, Pair Networks. They just had their 18th anniversary and we've been with them 12 years. Absolutely no complaints ever!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TWTProducts wrote:
Thank you cheapskirt for your input on this whole situation......I went through register.com......on feb 10th.....and yet still when I type in my .com address it says not found......is there any other services that do the same?

doing a whois, I see a twtproducts.com, and it was registered on Feb 10th.

Doing an nslookup on that domain returns an IP address of 216.21.224.199

That is not an eCrater IP address. Do you have a redirect or forwarding specified ?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use GoDaddy & they have instructions for forwarding on their site. It's easy to do but, it can take a few days before you can visit your store using your new .com URL.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I mistyped "free" as "fee". My point being that it isn't something extra you should have to pay for and if you are you might be getting swindled.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of a few domain services that charge to forward a domain name. Many don't but some do. Just got to know what you are buying into before you buy
TWTProducts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all for your help in this matter......I greatly appreciate it.......I know that register took money from my card and yet still have not received services......I'm currently looking for other venues to do the same thing.....I'm relatively new at this ........hoping for the best and thanks again to everyone you have been a big help.
digiscrapcafe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have used Namesecure.com for over 10 years, and love it
It has both types of redirecting, and does NOT have a logo or text link on it with the service name like Go Daddy does. That really upset me when I saw that, and had to wait a whole 18 months to wait for that name to expire and fall out of the registry before I could re purchase it with Name Secure.

It also has other services too.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TWT, I think you had better track that purchase down and demand your money back!
digiscrapcafe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also forgot to say, Name Secure is only 15 a year for a domain name, AND all forward services are free, including if you want to attach your domain by way of DNS change
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 9 domains registered with GoDaddy and there is no logo or text link on any that are forwarded, nor has there been since I purchased the first one in 2009.

Free forwarding and there are always coupon codes online for renewals so I've never spent more than $8 a year for any of them. First year registering is currently $3.49 with a coupon.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: