eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lost in the Fifties - Another Time, Another Place

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Lost in the Fifties - Another Time, Another Place Reply with quote

THIS MADE ME SAD FOR THE NATION WE ONCE HAD, LET ALONE THE MEMORIES!! Crying or Very sad

Don't Tell Me It's Before Your Time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj9VKKSV2g
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honest. I remember. You could still get 15 cent hamburgers in the early 60s. Was it better then? If you could go back simply by giving up your cells, 50 inch tvs and remotes, internet, laptops, ipods, ipads, air conditioning, food processors, long life batteries, and whatever, would you?

What would be the most difficult to give up? What would you like to have back to add to our current life....besides the background music?

By the way who were the 2 couples walking abreast just before Liz and Eddie? It goes too fast at that point for me to focus on them.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:

By the way who were the 2 couples walking abreast just before Liz and Eddie? It goes too fast at that point for me to focus on them.

Michael Todd
Elizabeth Taylor
Eddie Fisher
Debbie Reynolds

(You can stop the video: bottom of video screen, left side, click the first set of 2 lines and video will stop until you click again....To watch in full screen click on first bracket on right side)
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind ... the former post has the data. lol
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in '55 but remember many of the things shone especially the skates and that kids never went anywhere without their skate key dangling from their necks. I also remember McDonalds restaurants as for a short time I lived just down the block from the McDonald's restaurant in San Bernardino, CA that inspired Ray Kroc into the business and lent it's name to the business. Even with food incredibly cheap, the few times we got to go there, my mom would still make every two of us split a small French fry bag!

Other than the Lone Ranger and Tonto, I didn't know many of the film characters or TV ones as most of my growing up years I lived in a monarchy and my mom decided how much TV we could watch, or even if we had a TV. I never went to a movie until I was in at least 6th grade and probably only saw maybe 5-6 movies at a theatre before I graduated college!

Still many of those pictures brought back memories.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: