eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to Ecrater
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twotinytexans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: New to Ecrater Reply with quote

I opened my store about a month ago, and I am clearly not getting any business. I used to sell on ebay and made a lot of money....what am I doing wrong on here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Corrie
twotinytexans Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater. What are you doing to being traffic to your store? You need to promote your store. To appear like a store ready to sell, you should fill in all of your terms, FAQ's, about and contact pages.

Your shipping charges seem to be on the high side. You might want to get rid of Cash On Delivery, it is a very expensive way to get paid and you may never get the money.

Most important, people will have a hard to coming back you your store because they will probably be looking for I Love Bling or Bling it On and the store name is twotinytexans
twotinytexans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Hi and welcome to eCrater. What are you doing to being traffic to your store? You need to promote your store. To appear like a store ready to sell, you should fill in all of your terms, FAQ's, about and contact pages.

Your shipping charges seem to be on the high side. You might want to get rid of Cash On Delivery, it is a very expensive way to get paid and you may never get the money.

Most important, people will have a hard to coming back you your store because they will probably be looking for I Love Bling or Bling it On and the store name is twotinytexans

Oh wow!! Thank you, what the heck IS Cash on delivery??? I will lower my shipping for sure, I had a woman insult me recently, because she bought something and wanted me to ship before payment was received. Rolling Eyes ha ha
Shall I change my name as well? THANK YOU so much for the info!!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, make sure that you charge enough shipping to cover everything. Maybe I just don't know how much it cost to mail a duvet. I have never sold one. Smile COD means you pay to ship and then hopefully you will get a check in return after delivery. You can check out out at the USPS site
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New to Ecrater Reply with quote

twotinytexans wrote:
I opened my store about a month ago, and I am clearly not getting any business. I used to sell on ebay and made a lot of money....what am I doing wrong on here?

You have about 40 items listed. If you list 40 items on eBay and get lots of sales, then congrats. Many of the successful sellers here have listings way up in the thousands.

Look at this listing ...
http://twotinytexans.ecrater.com/p/19618305/real-moms-of-cheer-rhinestone-hot#

The image is small (320x216 pixels) by eCrater standards. It is highly recommended that at least one direction be 800 pixels or larger. Another of your listings had a nice big image.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & welcome! Smile
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

My problem with your store is that your descriptions are all over the place and never give much info about the item for sale.

Some spend too much time explaining why you don't like eBay and one sale broke off mid sentence. None give measurements. When I see a listing with a 10 word description I pass.

Your shipping also is erratic. You ship one pillow sham for $6.50, fair enough but you ship 2 shams and a duvet cover for $12. That's a money loser.
twotinytexans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK! Smile I have sold on ebay for 12 yrs, so I need to adjust my shipping. They used to be seller friendly but not any longer. That's why I left lol. thank you
twotinytexans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Hello & welcome! Smile
Thank YOU!! I appreciate you! Smile ]
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a scale and the USPS website to determine accurate and fair shipping. Not sure how you got away without either selling on eBay. While I shun eBay completely part of the reason you may think they are too greedy is that you have not kept up with changes in postal rates and were losing money over and above what eBay grabbed.
twotinytexans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On ebay I only shipped USPS, and rates kept increasing and yes ebay did take a piece of that as well. I used to have about 100-200 items listed at a time. I also had very descriptive information on all my listings.
I guess I just got lazy, and I also had a friend helping to list and I suppose we overlooked things. I also sell on Etsy and my facebook page so, I don't really update this as much as I should. Plus when I get used to one system and have learn a whole new one, well, it's like teaching and old dog new tricks.

Thanks for all the help. One more thing, please help me with attribute name and value.. I put in the name and the value but it stated not supported by ecrater.
twotinytexans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER.

My problem with your store is that your descriptions are all over the place and never give much info about the item for sale.

Some spend too much time explaining why you don't like eBay and one sale broke off mid sentence. None give measurements. When I see a listing with a 10 word description I pass.

Your shipping also is erratic. You ship one pillow sham for $6.50, fair enough but you ship 2 shams and a duvet cover for $12. That's a money loser.

the duvet and 2 shams fit in a medium flat rate box. What is your suggestion?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might to better not using the flat rate boxes,,just a thought

Her is my reply to another question about attributes:

attributes
Arabia Of Finland GREEN THISTLE Bread Plate 5&3/4" excellent condition for

first column............................second column
color.......................................blue, white
material...........................porcelain
brand...................................................Arabia of finland

small letter in the first column, doesn't matter in the second
no extra space in the 1st and no periods. Click on the little ? on the goggle page and see all that you can use. It will not be all of them

Hope this helps
twotinytexans

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information!!!
jayeMSilverJewelry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Hi! I am new here.. need help please.. Reply with quote

I just opened my store selling silver jewelry last week, having problems trying to list my stuff on UK and AU eCrater sites. I've tried to use Global Editor but don't know what to fill in the 'value' column.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks,
J Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: