eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do I have my natrix set up right?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Do I have my natrix set up right? Reply with quote

Do I have my matrix set up right?
I want shipping to Canada as $1.99 on one purchase and free shipping with any other purchase or full order combined.

I want shipping to USA as $3.49 on 1 purchase and free shipping on any other purchase or full order combined.

I want shipping international as $5.99 on one purchase - $2.99 on second purchase combined (2 items) and $1.99 on any other purchase or full order combined.

Thanks!!

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want your last column to be all zeros

Also there are a lot more countries to add if you are shipping worldwide.
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but why the last column to be zero? No matter how many a buyer purchases over 2 items it is still $1.99 shipping so do I still need it to be zero?
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read the note at the bottom of your screenshot?
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see it LOL but don't understand what it really means? I will change it though to all zeros. I will take your advice.

Thanks!!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage-books-and-plans wrote:
Now I see it LOL but don't understand what it really means? I will change it though to all zeros. I will take your advice.
The amount in the last column (16+) will be added to the amount in column 16 for every 2 over 16. If the international customer ordered 18, their shipping would be the amount in column 16 plus the amount in the last column. In the example posted in your original post they would be charged $1.99 + $1.99 or $3.98. If they ordered 20 they would be charged $1.99 + $1.99 + $1.99 or $5.97. If you want the shipping to be $1.99 for any quantity of 4 or above you must have $0.00 in the last column so the checkout will show $1.99 for 16 plus $0.00 for every additional 2 ordered.

Hope this makes it clear why the advice given was excellent advice.
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did as you said so now will it work as I asked above?

Quote:
Do I have my matrix set up right?
I want shipping to Canada as $1.99 on one purchase and free shipping with any other purchase or full order combined.

I want shipping to USA as $3.49 on 1 purchase and free shipping on any other purchase or full order combined.

I want shipping international as $5.99 on one purchase - $2.99 on second purchase combined (2 items) and $1.99 on any other purchase or full order combined.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it dearly!!

MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where you are located or what you sell, but are you fully aware of international, US shipping prices????

Also have you been here for awhile or different person selling the same stuff? Do you have permission to be using KFC's logos and trademarks and supposedly their recipes??? Also the same for Starbucks??? If ecrater catches you, you could get booted off of ecrater for illegally using trademarks and company logos without their consent.
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I surely do know how much international shipping costs are and I just removed the KFC recipes CD just in case but I haven't had a problem in the past 2 years selling these elsewhere and here.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I haven't had a problem in the past 2 years selling these elsewhere and here.

Just because you haven't had a problem (ie. been caught) doesn't make it legal to do.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the seller is from Canada. So it is obvious the USPS flat or solid issue. It is different.

MoonwishesStore, about the stuff. Just making a fast scanning. I don't support violate copyright issues. But I don't believe someone will care about a book of more than 50 years. I'm sure that many of the writers, photographers, and editorial/publisher companies are eating dust long time ago.

Now I agree that any company of trademark that is still alive can give a problem.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I ship from Canada and you are not charging accurate shipping. You are too low. Moreover you have copied your inventory from some place where you established shipping before the past couple of rate increases. You have shipping quoted at the bottom of listings that do not agree with your matrix. This will cause problems if someone reads the listing and then wonders why the shipping that appears on the invoice is higher.

Now if you are happy to lose money on shipping, fine but if not, you need to raise your rates.

Canada.
If you are using cardboard mailers, I don't think $1.99 can cover your mailer and the CD.

USA.
The minimum shipping to the US from Canada is $3.79. That does not include the mailer or tax which you will pay any time your postal bill is under $5.00. Buying postage on line will save you a bit of money but conversion rates between US and CA $ fluctuates right now rather wildly. You need to protect yourself.

International.
The minimum shipping for that is $6.51. There will be no added tax on that but you aren't allowing for cost of mailer and currency fluctuations.

Have you had feedback from international sales? I was under the impression NA CDs didn't play correctly outside US and CA.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MoonwishesStore, about the stuff. Just making a fast scanning. I don't support violate copyright issues. But I don't believe someone will care about a book of more than 50 years. I'm sure that many of the writers, photographers, and editorial/publisher companies are eating dust long time ago.

Elperles, They said they took down the CD I was referring to. The listing page had multiple KFC logos and trademark photos. The listing stated the recipes were the ones used by Kentucky Fried chicken in their stores and then the CD also included Starbucks recipes. Yet again supposedly the same as Starbucks uses. While I'm sure you can sell recipes that taste closely like or resembles KFC or Starbucks, but since they don't give away their recipes you can't say they are the recipes, nor can you use the picture of the Colonel or the KFC logo to sell a CD. I personally can make a soup very much like Max & Erma's chicken tortilla soup, but that doesn't give me the right to sell it and say it is the recipe! It is lunchtime as I write and all of it sounds good. Smile

The books, if they are past their copyright dates and the copyright wasn't renewed can be copied, but I would wonder how many of them actually are in the public domain at this point. It depends on when something was copyrighted how soon it goes into the public domain assuming that it is not renewed by the author's family. Can you imagine John Steinbeck's heirs letting Grapes of Wrath go into the public domain?! But that is different individual authors at this point. I wasn't even referring to them, just the KFC/Starbucks CD.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, understood the KFC CD issue. In my fast scan I just only see generic pictures.
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please answer my original question? Thanks!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: