eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Will adding a barcode number get items approved by Google?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Will adding a barcode number get items approved by Google? Reply with quote

Will adding a barcode number as an attribute get my items approved by Google?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need some kind of attributes to be approved. If you are using out of print books and burning them yourself you won't have ISBNs. I'm not sure how you go about getting bar codes for things you create. Creating false numbers will go against you not help so they have to be authenticate.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Creating false numbers will go against you not help so they have to be authenticate.

Very true. I'm running into this on another venue. People aren't careful to be sure they are using the correct UPC code so that when you try to add something with that UPC you can't. The first six numbers of a UPC code indicates where in the world the company is and which company specifically they are. The other size identifies the item companies item.

Old books that came without even a SBN (earlier version of an ISBN) will not have a number ever so no sense looking for one or making one up and ISBNs are set up much like the UPCs, The first part identifies the company/publisher and the next part identifies the book. With a SBN you can add a leading zero and that usually works to make the ISBN, but otherwise nothing is going to help an old book have a number.

As an addendum, Since you sell CDs with a group of books with no ISBNs on them, I doubt you can find anyway to have an ISBN without registering somewhere and paying to be able to assign a UPC or ISBN number to them. Whoever actually was the one to convert the books into CDs needs to be the one that does that. I realize that some of your CDs you seem to indicate that you are the one that made the DCs yourself. Not sure what magic equipment you used to do so, but if you did it page by page, you are pricing those CDs far too cheap for the time you would have invested to even make one CD as we are talking about thousands of pages per CD.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: