eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pinterest business account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Pinterest business account Reply with quote

I received an e-mail to switch to a business account in Pinterest. Does somebody here has one?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one. Makes no difference at all. Nothing changed when I switched. There is a section for selling things on Pinterest well, not actually selling on Pinterest but an area that lets you list items you have for sale & you can show prices & such but, I can't get it to work. That's nothing new either, used to be anyone could list a price within a pin & the price would show up in the corner but they changed it so that only business account holders can do this.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one. It's not a program that plays well with Ecrater. You can only verify a custom domain that you might have, but not a direct xxx.ecrater.com url, because of Pinterest's verification process. You have to add an HTML file or Meta Tag to your homepage, which we aren't able to do.

I found a workaround to get Verified, but the main benefits are not available because the workaround is so sloppy (albeit, the only work around I could find). If you have a custom url that auto-forwards to your Ecrater store, you can make a page for that url that holds the Meta Tag and still auto-forwards to your store. Pinterest will verify you, but the biggest benefit, Pinterest's Analytics, will not function. This is because the analytics are actually tied to the service that hosts the forwarding page (with the Meta Tag), not to Ecrater.

It might work if you Verified a custom url tied to a blog, if your blog service allows you to place the necessary HTML or Meta Tag, but I haven't tried it. It may give you analytics for Pins to/from the blog, but it still won't tell you anything about Pins to/from your store. Still, this could be helpful if you have a productive blog.

I do get the little checkmark next to my username, which is just a gesture by Pinterest to other users that you're a "trustworthy source" (their words, not mine). And they talk of future functions that will be available to verified business accounts only, but probably won't be tied to the Meta Tag (just tied to the business designation, so those functions should be available to me). However so far, all I've seen is vague talk on this subject, no real functions yet. There are some third-party apps that I think require a business account, but I haven't used them (like for contests and such). I can't remember what kind of app integration there is for personal accounts, but app controls are fully integrated in the settings menu on the business accounts.

It's been quite a while since I switched, so I don't remember all the small stuff, but I think there was a promise of better search placement and some minor changes to certain functions/settings of your profile. Whatever those changes were, they didn't make enough of an impression for me to remember them. Subjectively though, it did seem like I gained followers faster after I switched to a business account. Hard to prove, it just felt that way.

A couple things to keep in mind: there are separate Terms Of Service for business and personal accounts, so going through them may give you more insight into the differences. And, unless they changed it, you can only make the switch between accounts once - if you switch to a business account, you can't go back to a personal account if you don't like it.

The analytics were what I was really wanted when I switched to a business account, but they just don't work with the Ecrater system. I should note that it also doesn't work with storefronts on Ebay, Etsy, Amazon, Shopify and other marketplaces too; I'm secretly hoping there is an impetus here for Pinterest to find other ways to verify small sellers without a stand-alone website.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried getting the business account but couldn't because it wasn't my own website as the others have mentioned. I also wanted to see the analytics since nothing else is of much help to me in my opinion with having a business account. But I do know that I'm getting plenty of followers there and repins and that is what is really important. So far almost 400 new followers this month. We got over 400 last month as well and surprisingly now that I ignore it, we are picking up FB followers every couple of weeks after going almost a year without a new one. I can't figure that one out Rolling Eyes
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the info.

I'm sure Pinterest have a lot of eCrater members. Let see if one day the work something with the eCrater owner about compatibility.
SandiHollandMixedMedia

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Pinterest business account Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I received an e-mail to switch to a business account in Pinterest. Does somebody here has one?

I signed up and verified my blog by placing meta tag code in the header of the .html template. Can't remember but maybe there were a couple of other ways to verify. I also chose to change my name/url to my business name, from my personal username. I signed on because although I use Pinterest for personal and lifestyle pins, I mostly use it to promote my products, as well as the products of others.

I also looked at listing at Shopinterest but it's just not developed enough. Bare bones and ugly, and I read about some bugs too. I may consider it a good option for listing when it looks more like a well-developed listing venue with vibrant shop fronts.

The business account agreement that I signed was simply agreeing to various good business practices. I find that signing up for something like this, even though there may not seem to be many benefits, can lead to other offers and opportunities in the future.

And of course it's nice and useful to see the analytics charts and data.
silktraveler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: analytics Reply with quote

this might be noted in other Pinterest threads but if anyone reading this one isn't aware yet Analytics is now available for non-verified business accounts on Pinterest. It was about 2 weeks ago when it just popped up in my Pinterest Settings screen. I found it very enlightening. More traffic than anything else I've done [which admittedly isn't much since I don't blog or FB].
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: