eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How long to wait ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Perhaps if you buy your shipping via PP they might send it automatically, but for those of us that don't use PP postage, we have to manually let PP know we shipped.

Yes, PP will automatically send a shipping email to the address that made the payment. Now, I am awaiting delivery of the package to see what date is on the label. The PP "your package has shipped" email arrived immediately behind the reply from the seller to my query.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, PP will automatically send a shipping email to the address that made the payment.

Just to be clear cosmicray, they send the shipping email AFTER the seller has notified them that they shipped the item, do they not? Without a seller telling them they shipped they can't send the notification.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
Yes, PP will automatically send a shipping email to the address that made the payment.

Just to be clear cosmicray, they send the shipping email AFTER the seller has notified them that they shipped the item, do they not? Without a seller telling them they shipped they can't send the notification.

It is a one step procedure. You print the postage, and they send the email automatically. If you're printing the postage for tomorrow, there may be a delay on when the customer email goes out, but I'm not sure about that.

For postage labels that were manually entered (e.g. payment from Stripe) then no email is sent (because PP doesn't know the customer's email addy).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so that only happens when you buy your postage via PP. I don't, so when I tell PP what my tracking # is then they send the email to my customers although I also send them one myself. So it depends whether you buy your postage from PP or just collect money through PP and use a different postage system.

Regardless, it is a good idea, I think, to send your own shipping notification so that hopefully your customer keeps it until the item shows up so they have a record of who the bought from, the DC#, and anything they need to know about you and your store, etc. I think it is the sellers that don't use shipping notifications that cause me to get emails from people asking where their pattern is. They are contacting me since I have that pattern for sale, so obviously I was the one they bought it from Rolling Eyes . I generally check to be sure they aren't my customer and then send them on to the ecrater team to sort out and track down their seller.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
So it depends whether you buy your postage from PP or just collect money through PP and use a different postage system.

If you buy your postage from another system, but enter the tracking number into PP, it may still send an email to the customer. Not positive, but I think it does. For certain the tracking number will show up on PP.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:
So it depends whether you buy your postage from PP or just collect money through PP and use a different postage system.

If you buy your postage from another system, but enter the tracking number into PP, it may still send an email to the customer. Not positive, but I think it does. For certain the tracking number will show up on PP.

This is correct. It always sends it.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

back to the original subject ...

The package arrived today. The postage is dated last Wednesday, but was presented to the PO on Thursday (pretty much what I expected).
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:

Paypal only sends that email if the seller enters a tracking number into the paypal system so they'll know when the items have been shipped. if the seller is like me, they don't use that feature so you may not get that email. I never give Paypal tracking numbers unless they ask for it. Too much extra work, I just send those numbers directly to my buyers.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I never give Paypal tracking numbers unless they ask for it. Too much extra work, I just send those numbers directly to my buyers.

I believe that if you give PP the tracking number right from the being, it supposedly goes better if someone says my package never got here as PP can see that it was delivered. The theory anyhow.

By the way, who are you or what was your old avatar/name? I know you have written a lot of posts, but I don't recognize the avatar or store name with the rose that just suddenly appeared the other day. It makes me feel like someone that starts talking to me in the grocery store and I have no clue who they are but they know me.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

By the way, who are you or what was your old avatar/name? I know you have written a lot of posts, but I don't recognize the avatar or store name with the rose that just suddenly appeared the other day. It makes me feel like someone that starts talking to me in the grocery store and I have no clue who they are but they know me.

It's another Bear Creek / Tiger Creek incarnation.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that explains that.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if paypal don't have the tracking they won't back you up at all.
it's got to be online readable, I assume they mean from within your paypal account, if they get a case.

If you did get a case you would have to send the dang tracking number anyway.
SandiHollandMixedMedia

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Keep Customers Updated Reply with quote

I think it's very important to keep customers updated, whatever that may mean to each seller. Unless it's a regular customer, a buyer can be very skittish about ordering online anyway. I also try to keep in mind how I would feel. I really appreciate it when a seller takes the time to contact me to let me know that they received my order. It just makes me feel special, even if the seller does it for everyone, or if it's a form letter.

The truth is that when we place an order online, we don't even know if the seller received it. It is true that if you're able to be a swift shipper, that confirmation email serves as the quick contact point with the customer. If the venue sends some type of auto-generated email that the seller has received the order, that's okay too. Otherwise, a customer is just left waiting, hoping that all is well. Smile Why not alleviate their concerns?

I send an email thanking them for their order and letting them know that I am processing it. I give an estimated date of shipment and tell them that I'll contact them if there are any changes. Customers remember when a seller goes out of his/her way to help them to feel welcome.

I know that for high-volume sellers this may be too time-consuming. But auto-emails are easy to configure.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Keep Customers Updated Reply with quote

SandiHollandMixedMedia wrote:
If the venue sends some type of auto-generated email that the seller has received the order, that's okay too.

You do know ecrater sends a customer an order confirmation email automatically, right?
SandiHollandMixedMedia

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Keep Customers Updated Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
SandiHollandMixedMedia wrote:
If the venue sends some type of auto-generated email that the seller has received the order, that's okay too.

You do know ecrater sends a customer an order confirmation email automatically, right?

Thanks, but I was speaking in general of various venues, because some have shops at other places as well. That's why I said If the venue sends some type of auto-generated email... Smile Also, here at eC I still choose to contact customers directly when they order from me. It's not a burden for me at this time and it adds a personal touch Wink

I ordered from MyStore.com, where I had a shop. I never received any email confirmation for my order, and after 8 days Rolling Eyes had not heard from the seller. Long story short; I ended up opening a PP dispute for an unfulfilled order and got my money refunded Exclamation

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: