eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Privacy and refund policies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plussizedivasboutique

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Privacy and refund policies Reply with quote

Hi guys
hope you are all ok. Just new here and I am trying to write something on my pages. I would like to add a Return and Privacy policy but unfortunately, I can't find the option of adding a new page. any one know how this is done???
Or is this included in the Terms of service??

Thanks a lot for your help

Sheila
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can include in the "Terms" and "FAQ".
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These should all be on our terms page or even FAQ's. You have a ton of stuff in your terms page that is overwhelming to read. Like this part:

We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk

It sounds like what ever is bought may not be what you paid for. Or at least that is the way I read it.

It there any way to condense this down to a a few sentences? It just sounds way to legal. Then you would have space to mention returns.

I hope you have many sales.
Plussizedivasboutique

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys
like I mentioned, am still new and i have lots of learning to do. am going to edit this ASAP.

Thanks
Plussizedivasboutique

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one other thing
Is it possible to change the font of the text? I can't seem to find it!!!

Thanks
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't change the font. No html here of any kind.

Evidently you removed the terms mentioned above.
If you are copying terms from a supplier, they don't work here. Write your own terms regarding shipping, refunds, returns, etc in a friendly way that makes buyers comfortable buying from you.

In your about message you use the royal we. That is fine if you are a group of people behind the store. If you are a group, you should discuss what terms you can all live with.

If you insinuate that you might substitute items or that items might not be as shown, you won't have much success selling online, here or elsewhere.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I didn't see the actual terms you had up previously, From what SammysSupplies mentioned, I've seen that type of terms before and it reminds me of a lawyer that upchucked! Most of the stuff you have no control over, most of it for this site is meaningless, etc. It is good that you plan on writing your own. For help on doing that, spend some time reading the Terms and FAQs of other sellers, preferably ones with good feedback range since following someone with a 80-% feedback is sort of silly since they are doing a lot of things wrong in general to have such a low score. After reading between 10-20 terms pages you should have a good idea of what is important to put in. If you have no plans to sell international then you don't need anything that applies to international sales. If you do plan on selling internationally, then you do need something about international sales.

By the way are you aware that unless you turn it off you will automatically get a UK and AU store in their currency to sell internationally?

Just as a wrap up, you can't add extra pages, you can't change fonts, you can't color your fonts, you can't rearrange the pictures, etc. on your listing page. You can have up to 10 photos for each listing with no charge. You can have 100 characters in your titles and in general the most important info should generally be in the first 55-65 characters.

Have fun and do well, with as many plus sized women it is a growing need for clothes for them and I do remember walking into a store to buy something and the clerk looked at me when I asked for my size and she said they didn't carry my size and waved me off to another store. Considering the commercials that this store has, I was stunned that their items would be too small for me!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read before, I think this seller is in Australia. There was something about following the rules and regulations of Australia.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be particular rules in Australia for when you OWN a website, but I have seen these terms on other sellers places that they have no way to enforce, judge if something is happening or not, etc. because they don't own ecrater's website. They are only being granted the use of it. Any of the official legalize for this website is already taken care of with ecrater's own terms of service. The terms of service that we post should be pertaining to our stores only.

I've tried to read through some of those legaleze mumbo jumbo pages and pretty much only a lawyer can understand them, so unless the seller has decided to make their living selling stuff on ecrater instead of as an attorney, the seller is just copying those Terms verbatim from somewhere else and have no clue what it means or if they are required to post those terms.

Like I said though, I'm only judging that for the part that you quoted. I've seen that statement many times and it wasn't just on Australian's stores. Of course I could be completely wrong, but then that means if WE all sell in AU doesn't that mean WE need that statement of terms on our terms as well?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most people who post those long legalistic terms are drop shippers who are no longer allowed on eCRATER or naïve young sellers who read such terms and think that is the most professional way to go.

If there are specific rules that apply to the particular sellers of a country they should spell that out very carefully and state clearly that it is a rule for doing business in their country.
Plussizedivasboutique

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys for this informative feed back. It is through this that we learn. I am continuously improving my store and it will soon be up and running.

Please keep it up
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading your new terms. You don't understand.

1. You cannot remove any feedback left for any reason nor respond to it. You can request eCRATER admin to remove offensive or undeserved feedback and present your case. It is up to them to remove it. Of course offensive posts would be removed but you have to bring it to eCRATER's attention.

2. This is not your site; it is eCRATER's. Therefore you cannot deny access to anyone who feels like looking or buying and not following through with payment, etc. Your prohibited uses has nothing to do with a site like this. Only the part about taking your intellectual property is relevant although generally there is little you can do about it.

3. What privacy policy? All you collect is a buyer's name, address and email address. You do not see their financial data.

4. Cookies etc. Looks like something eCRATER would post for sellers about how Google ads work. Not a buyer's business how it is done.

5. Payment. Correct me if I am wrong, but to my knowledge eCRATER merely links the buyer to PayPal or Stripe and does not collect any financial data even momentarily. The buyer chooses PP or ST and is connected immediately to their sites. eCRATER collects seller's name, address and email, date of purchase, and assigns an order number. From there it goes to the payment processor who then returns payment confirmation to eCRATER. eCRATER and PP both then inform you. If the payment is via Stripe I think you just get one notice.

6. Regarding security: you don't do any of that. You are not eCRATER and if something goes wrong it is eCRATER who will look into it not you.

7. Re Refunds. You cannot accept credit cards directly. Trying to do so will end in your suspension from eCRATER. Buyers can use their credit cards via PP and ST only.

8. Forget the legal sounding language. It puts Dick and Jane Regular Person off.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. I recommend for the Terms avoid that common strange non-sense copy-paste. I read similar or the same word by word in other sites.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you dumped one legal jargon upchuck for different one. Are you a lawyer?

As I mentioned, before, the best thing you can do is see what other sellers post as their terms. Your terms should be specific to your store and abide by ecrater policies. I too have never been aware that ecrater sees and holds credit card info so where would you have gotten that info? Where did you get much of the info you pasted into your terms? In all the years I've sold here, 5 or 6, I've never seen these issues come up. Your terms end up being total nonsense and shows that you don't understand ecrater policy, such as feedback which you can't touch.

The biggest thing to remember is you do not OWN THIS website that your store sits on. Ecrater has their own terms posted and they aren't even as specific as what you are trying to do. If they didn't write it, why should you? If you want to have all these terms and administer them, you need to go get your own website and do so, but they have no place at an ecrater store. Especially for such things as your incoherent cookies message which is factually incorrect as it concerns sellers on ecrater. Neither sellers or buyers can control the ads they see and you don't want them to as that is how ecrater makes its money to function.

Anyhow, it is apparent you didn't understand us the first time around. How about you go to each seller's store that has responded to you and see what kind of terms they have. I know mine are a bit long, but they are specific to selling here. If I sold elsewhere they would be different. Some may have short ones. But in general you want to mention shipping, refunds especially, how payment is made, items returned for an incorrect address (which many buyers seem to think it is our responsibility to resend using our funds instead of them paying for their mistake since we don't know where they live. anyhow those sorts of things need addressed. You can do the basics now and as you run into things as you sell, then you can add more info to your terms (which is how mine got so long Very Happy )
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: