eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can't Link Store to Facebook Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocks-of-Joy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Can't Link Store to Facebook Page Reply with quote

Hi all,

I need help! I cannot link my store to my Facebook page, and I can't find anything on my Facebook page showing any links to my eCrater store.

When I go to the "Social" section and click on Facebook, it takes me to the screen to log into Facebook and I log in, but there is no other screen that comes up to allow the link. Also, if I am in the admin for my shop and I click on an item I want to feature on Facebook, it doesn't show up on my Facebook page.

Can someone please tell me how to correct this? Do I need to write to Facebook and ask them to allow the link? Or, is there someone at eCrater who I can write to and ask them to correct it?

Thanks!

http://rocks-of-joy.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have linked your account, then on each page in your store under your photo is the FB, Twitter and G+ symbols that you can click on and use to promote your item. Buyers can use those same buttons, but they 'know' it is you when you do it. That is only way I figured to use them and I use them just about everyday. I also link all my new listings to Pinterest by copying the url of the listing to Pinterest. I don't send all my listings to FB however especially when I have a lot of new ones - don't want to inundate my viewers. I also wait 24 hours before doing it so that the photo we listed with is no longer a temp picture but is in it's permanent location, otherwise your photo can end up being one of those 'pizza boxes' which doesn't do anyone any good. Very Happy
Rocks-of-Joy

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's just it. I can't seem to link my ecrater store to my Facebook account. I've tried at least six times, to no avail. Is there a help desk type of thing for eCrater, or is the forum the only way to get a question answered?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php Just remember the staff is small. You probably won't get an answer immediately, but when you do, it will be a real answer and not a canned response.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think there is only 3-4 staff members that deal with ALL issues, so be patient. They are nice to deal with and pretty knowledgeable.

Do you not have a FB icon under your pictures on your listings? Where does it go to or what happens when you click it?
Rocks-of-Joy

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a FB icon on my listings. It goes to my FB page. Yes, I can post that item to FB from the listing page. However, when I am creating the listing and try to send the listing to my FB page, it won't do it. If the option to link to FB from the admin page is there, then why doesn't it work for me? I've read most of the stuff about linking to FB in the forums, and thought I did the link properly the first time but it has never worked. I also just wrote to FB today to see if there is a link that isn't working. Well, just another of a hundred distractions to delay my 1000 or so items to list. sheesh. If I knew anything at all about creating web sites, I'd just do my own site and list a few items on other venues.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, I can post that item to FB from the listing page.

Posting to FB from the completed listing page when previewing your store, is the only way I know for posting your items on FB. You can't link to FB from the Admin page at all. You can't send the listing to FB while in the process of listing itself, at least I have never heard of doing that nor see any way to do it.

I usually wait a day to be sure the photos as set (no longer temporary-so no 'pizza boxes' later) and then go through the items I listed the day before within the preview of my store. G+, send to FB and Pin all the new stuff. Pinning does tweeting at the same time and it would do FB only it sends it to my personal page not the business one. Clicking the FB icon on the page sends the stuff to my business page.

Probably clear as mud, but it sounds like you are trying to do something that ecrater isn't set up for, but I may have misinterpreted your last post.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: