eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is there an alternate way to change or update products?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Is there an alternate way to change or update products? Reply with quote

Just did a bulk upload from ebay and trying go thru and fix problems, but am a little tired of having to go thru the product list and scroll down to the next one, update, and it goes back to the original first page, first item.

I think not, but worth asking - would save a lot of time if I could just go to the "my ebay" section and work thru it that way, or if I could arrange in order of first or last updates.

Hate to be a pill, but afraid someone is going to try to buy something listed as 1 lb. (for shipping cost) when it weighs 6 lb. (and everything imported reverted to 1 lb., apparently).

Thanks for any suggestions anyone may have, I'm a total newbie here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I would recommend at this point is to put your store on hold until you have everything correct. I don't understand exactly what you wanted to do with the 'my ebay', but bulk uploading always leads to problems from what I've seen. Incorrect listings, Listings talking about 'the auction' which obviously ecrater isn't, shipping isn't set up correctly, etc. bulk uploading wasn't even available when I first started here so I had to move everything one at a time and we are talking thousands of items!

I would recommend that on your products page when it comes up, that you scroll through the 'choose category' and click on the type of items you want to work on. Say for instance your baskets. Then click on okay. At that point only your 4 basket listings will come up, and then you can fix those four, then do the same for each category. It is easier than searching through your entire list of listings. Most of your categories are small enough that they shouldn't be a burden to you in correcting them to the correct listing that you want.

As an FYI, most of this:
Quote:
Froo www.froo.com | Froo Cross Sell, Free Cross Sell, Cross promote, eCRATER Marketing, eCRATER listing Apps, eCRATER Apps, eCRATER ApplicationNOTE TO BUYERS: If you experience any problems with your item (it's not what you expected, it's broken, you didn't receive it, your grandmother doesn't like it, etc. etc.), please, please contact me. I will do my best to resolve any problem that's due to an error on my part, and sometimes even when it's due to someone else's error. I have been known to be human and err, and the post office does occasionally drop the ball (or your glass vase), or fail to deliver something that has left my local post office. So, if you have a problem, let me know before you do anything else and give me a chance to earn your positive feedback! Thank you!Powered by eCRATER . List your items fast and easy and manage your active items.
Would be considered boilerplate and doesn't belong in the listing but should be in your terms of service, except for the meaningless stuff in the first line or two.

Also and I realize this depends on your philosophy of selling but
Quote:
Any shipping overpayment over a few cents will be refunded
Are you aware that a refund via PP costs you 30 cents to start with so refunding 'a few cents' is going to cost you money? Refunding a nickel costs you 35 cents. There are many costs to shipping and handling that involves more than just actual postage. I'm just bringing this up now since you are planning on adjusting your listings.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One very BIG comment. Turn off USPS Media Mail. Unless EVERYTHING in your store is OK to ship Media Mail, you should NOT be offering that.

When I look at a piece of glass work, and I see Media Mail as an offered postage rate, I tend to wonder if the seller understands the consequences.

This item ...
http://valleyvintage.ecrater.com/p/19962143/vintage-sugar-bowl-with-thumbprint-design

Will NOT ship via Media Mail, and the prospective buyer WILL select that (because it is the cheapest option).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor will the bowl fit in flat rate envelopes! I doubt it will fit in a small flat rate box either. Too many choices in this instance is worse than not enough. You either need to do a flat rate shipping for each item or figure out how to use the matrix (which also helps with combined shipping if your items are a lot a like). I only use the matrix but I believe that anyone using calculated shipping has to have the matrix filled out just in case something times out while getting the correct postage for the item when the buyer is checking out. If no backup (matrix) they get free shipping. OUCH!!
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Updating Reply with quote

Moonwishesstore, Yes, I've been going thru picking out the garbage listing by listing, since there is way too much to do in a global change (200 letters is not much and all this stuff I had on the ebay listings is much longer than that). Thanks for the good advice, and especially for the refund advice (I did not know they charged for refunds).

CosmicRay, obviously I don't understand how the shipping works in ecrater, thanks. I didn't realize media would always show up as a choice (people would be killing me on shipping).

Going to fill out the matrix (don't quite understand what it is yet, but going to find out). And I think putting the store on hold might be a good idea until I get it straightened out!.

Thank you two so much for the advise!

Waurene
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Updating Reply with quote

ValleyVintage wrote:
CosmicRay, obviously I don't understand how the shipping works in ecrater, thanks. I didn't realize media would always show up as a choice (people would be killing me on shipping).

When you turn on USPS Calculated, every shipping method (that you have enabled) will be available for every item, with the exception that First Class will not show if the item is over 13 ozs. Make sure that every shipping method is valid for every item in your store, or don't offer it. Also, when you specify a weight for each item, make sure that it is a packed weight.
ValleyVintage

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had gone and taken out first class, too! I have not yet figured out how to fill out the matrix, but I will.....and yes, it's packed weight! Which is why I offer refunds, because I don't always get packed weight right and shipping feedback was a problem in ebay (people thinking I was too high even when I was just charging what it cost me).

I actually went back and checked on the Paypal charge for refunding, and there isn't one (you just don't get your transaction fee back on a total refund).

thanks for all the great advice - I'm finding it's very different fro ebay (and that's mostly a good thing, I hope).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: