eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

View My Store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PacificRim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: View My Store Reply with quote

Hi, might be a silly question, but I'm wondering how I can view my store as the public views it? Is there a button or some way to do this that I'm not seeing? Thanks for you comments!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pacificrim.ecrater.com/
PacificRim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, now I DO feel silly, but grateful - thank you! Been a looong day!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can view any one's store from the forum for cliking on the www button under their post. For your own store, just click on the word 'preview' that shows on the upper right side of just about every page.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to ship to all 50 states in order to sell here. I was looking a the green chevron cork board and it looks like you have an extra space in an attribute because it is showing up in the listing.

I hope you have many sells here
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh excuse me. I just clicked on the rectangle pink photo frame that you consistently calling 'ovals' in the lsiting and the default main picture shows a rectangle. You go on then to say it is part of set and in a bunch of pictures at points you show all four items that apparently are supposedly coordinated. Buyers tend to not read real well and will think either they are buying the rectangle frame or all four items, especially for the price you are charging for two dinky little oval frames. You should only show what is for sale on a listing. You can reference the other items, but to show multiple photos of multiple things will leave you generally with an upset buyer. And then I looked some more and your title doesn't go with your listing and currently you don't have any other coordinating frames listed. Also some of your attributes are showing which means they aren't correct.

You don't mention where you are shipping from, but I'm kind of surprised about the cost of a bulletin board with free shipping compared to a 6 shelf bookcase also with free shipping for almost $40 less than the bulletin board. The shipping alone on the bookcase is going to eat up the bookcase money. Also the frame and the bulletin boards are both listed under furniture, they aren't furniture but home decor accessories. Certainly not trying to be mean or nasty and what you charge is your own business, but I can't believe that anyone would spend that much for the 2 oval frames or that bulletin board. The bookcase, maybe. Anyhow you do need to fix some things.

The other poster was right in that you do have to ship to all 50 states. No exceptions.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacificRim, you really should mention that your bookcase is not solid wood but made of particleboard. You do say it has a Black Oak finish, but your description is misleading. You may have some very unhappy customers when they receive a particleboard bookcase that they can go down to their local Walmart and purchase for $31.50 plus local sales tax.

Also, do you have permission from the copyright owner of your stock photos to use the photos? If not, you will need to shoot your own photos.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More with the bookcase, in one spot in the listing you say that they can choose one of three colors and then later say it is black oak which could be confusing to the buyer that wants a different color. You might want to have three separate listings (assuming you have all three colors) so that if and when someone orders you don't have to be emailing back and forth to figure out what color they want.

Until you sort these listings out, you might want to put your store on hold temporarily until what you have listed is correct and your about us page and terms of service page filled out. While those two last pages are required, they do help give potential buyers a bit more confidence. You might want to check about the ecrater rules for selling items that you don't have in stock also as it looks like you are using catalog listings and turn in your orders to another company. Then when you things set up well you can list more items. I generally wouldn't recommend putting a store on hold but with only three items, you aren't going to miss out on business at this point, I would think.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Moonwishes that your picture frame listings are very confusing. I still don't know what each of the listings is for and I probably read them more carefully that most buyers would.

While I strongly believe a seller has a right to set their prices, I think you need to check out your competition. If there is anything about your products that merits the prices you are asking, you don't explain it in the description. Example, most people with enough craftiness to stick a picture in a frame can go to Michael's or Home Depot and recreate them for under $5. They'd even have paint left over to make more.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: