eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Values/Attributes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloomingsales

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Google Values/Attributes Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not dummy....yet this Attribute/Values is driving me nuts. By each of my listings is a bright red Exclamation point; so I figured that meant I need to add Attributes/Values. Read the info on what to put in, i.e. for clothing: Brand Name and in Value: size (sm/med/etc). I do that yet I get a message telling me that eCrater doesn't acknowledge that information???? What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks Valued participants. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the attribute for size is [!size:6-10!] No caps in the attribute name(left) side and on the right is the attribute value. If you are setting it up in html no spaces, it needs to be exactly like I wrote it. I think value as an attribute is one of the attributes that we don't fill in and google grabs it from the listing as value:$14.99 -- I think. I try not to let my head explode!

You have to have at least 2 of three attributes from the first section on the google attribute drop down list. So you need at least the brand, manufacturer's item number if you have it or the UPC code. And then pick another attribute from the other two sections of the list. You can have more than 3 attributes. Think of them as the keywords to help sell the product and leave out nonsense words like beautiful, gorgeous, sexy. Just the facts, not opinions.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For clothing, I believe these are the required identifiers:
brand
color

Size is required in some apparel categories (not certain which) - I'd just put the size on all clothing items.

For custom made items or items without a brand label, you can use:

identifier_exists rather than brand and false as the value
supermarios

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Google Values/Attributes Reply with quote

Bloomingsales wrote:
Okay, I'm not dummy....yet this Attribute/Values is driving me nuts. By each of my listings is a bright red Exclamation point; so I figured that meant I need to add Attributes/Values. Read the info on what to put in, i.e. for clothing: Brand Name and in Value: size (sm/med/etc). I do that yet I get a message telling me that eCrater doesn't acknowledge that information???? What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks Valued participants. Very Happy

Just describe what size color you have in the description,customers will tell you what they want after paid.I'm sure of this.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just describe what size color you have in the description,customers will tell you what they want after paid.I'm sure of this.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. It is much better to have one listing for each color and size. If you have three red tops in sizes 8, 10, and 12. You should have three listings. If you have a listing with four possible colors and 6 possible sizes, you won't be able to ship as promptly as you will have to communicate with the buyer to be certain what they are buying, since many don't read listings very well and won't realize that they have to pick a size and a color. Having each item separate also gives your more possible listings for the search engines to find you with.

I would also use size and color in the attributes as well as long as they are attributes that can be listed. Manufactured clothing isn't in my area, so I'm not sure what is required. But for my sewing patterns that clearly sate that they are sewing patterns, I've had customers try to order one of the garments on the envelope packet in a particular color. I have a choir robe pattern for sale, and even though it said many times it was a sewing pattern, I had a 'customer' write me wanting fabric swatches so that they could get 40 choir robes! For around $10 each at that--I think not. Just last night, someone found one of my old listings that the very first part of the description stated clearly that the item was sold. They wanted to know if it was available! Shocked

Don't ever assume your customers will read anything in the description as they will read into it whatever they want it to say. So don't confuse the issue by giving them options in one listing. Make a separate listing for each option instead.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at the type of items you sell in your store. Every item in your current product selection falls under the Google Shopping category of Apparel & Accessories. For every item you need the following attributes:
brand
gender ... male, female, unisex
age_group ... newborn, infant, toddler, kids, adult
color ... give the dominate color first followed by accent colors. colors should be seperated by a space / space. A black dress with gold accents would be listed as black / gold. Don't use descriptions instead of color. (ie. multicolor is NOT acceptable)

size is required for clothing & shoes. Accepted values are letters (like S,M,L,XL) or combined info (like 7.5W, 8N, 9M for shoes) (like 16/34 for a man's long sleeve shirt)
upc &/or mpn (manufacture's product number) is required for every item in your store except clothing.

If you do not have the information because the items are hand made or used, then you must use the attribute identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. Note the underline instead of a space in the attribute titles that have two words.

If you add books, they will need the ISBN or identifier_exists. Everything else I saw listed as a category will need brand and either upc or mpn; and you can add all three if you have them. If you don't have brand or 1 of the other 2, then use identifier_exists (with value FALSE).

NOTE: Attribute titles MUST be entered in lower case letters; no capital letters accepted. Attribute values can be entered either way.

Here are two links I suggest all eCRATER sellers bookmark and read:
Summary of attribute requirements
Products Feed Specification
Many of the required attributes are automatically submitted for us by eCRATER based on the information we enter when we list an item. For example, condition is our selection for either new or used. Also, product_type is submitted based on the global category and global sub-category we select. However, for the attributes we must provide for our items to show in Google Shopping, there is a lot of helpful information.

After you add your attributes, it may take a little time for the red marks to go away.

Bloomingsales, you have a category called FABULOUS FAKES and it's featured on your home page. Since it is not only illegal to sell fake and very much against the eCRATER rules, I would strongly suggest you remove the category. I realize you have 0 inventory in that category, but it makes the rest of your store look bad.

supermarios, I suggest you read the above post and also read the links I provided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: