eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to e-crater, feedback and tips wanted! :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hirotechnion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: New to e-crater, feedback and tips wanted! :) Reply with quote

Good morning,

my name is Efstratia and I have just managed to complete my e-crater shop. I would like to get some advice in order to make my shop better.
Here is the link to my shop: http://hirotechnion.ecrater.com/

Thank you all in advance,
Efstratia Dokeri
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. You have really lovely items.

There is a problem in your listings that you may not be aware of.

First in your titles you have too many adjective before the name of the item. Journal, album, etc. should be no further in than the third word in your title. This is so search engines will find you when someone searches for say a handmade photo album.

Also in your descriptions you show photos that can lead to confusion in the buyer's mind as to what they are getting. You should have a listing for each item and each design for each item. Because you show more than one design and size in each listing.....enough said.

People want to buy when they first see your item. If they have to wait till they get a clarifying email back from you they will probably lose their ardor and not buy. A frazzled mom who sees your beautiful work may for a moment dream of having the time to record her thoughts in a journal but if she has to email you to be sure which journal she is buying, her mood will have changed by the time she hears back from you.
Hirotechnion

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your time and advice, it's really appreciated. As for the items' title. The thing is I am not well aware of how the engine works in e-crater. I thought that having a variety of adjectives could lead to more options for the engine to find my shop. Accuracy as I imagined it limits those options. Isn't that the case?

Thank you in advance,
Efstratia
MoonwishesStore

Also, This is a thread to introduce yourself and your store. Your post and question really belongs in the Help Discussion. This was brought up in the topic right before this one that you started. If you read and check on what others are asking and what gets answered, you will then be able to check and see if you are doing something correctly or not on your own, and then you can ask for help on specific topics that you are having trouble with or questions about such as titles.
MoonwishesStore

I just looked at your store and noted a few things. One, on your Terms page you have text in Greek. On ecrater all text must be in English. I realize that you want to be able to speak to your countrymen, but as far as I know it is not allowed. You might want to double check with the ecrater team.

Also of the items I looked at it the quantity shows as more than 10 available. Do you really have ten or more of the same handmade items or did you forget to click on the quantity amount when listing? If you did this thinking you can make more if you get a larger order, can you imagine what the months leading up to Christmas might be like if you got a lot of multi-item orders!?! Shocked If you don't have the stock to fulfill them, you might not get them all made in the time frame available. Also, please note that on ecrater there really isn't an efficient way to communicate extra details between buyer and seller such as initials, more pages (with the addition of an extra cost), etc. PP has a note section on the order but Stripe doesn't if you use that. Also the buyer may not see where to put customizing information. It could take a bunch of emails back and forth to get the buyer to respond to your asking what customizing they want.

"Please take your time reading our shop policies before your purchase:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Hirotechnion/policy" Do you really want customers leaving ecrater to go to etsy to read shop policies? Your shop policies as they pertain to ecrater should be on ecrater and the etsy ones on etsy.

"Shipping fees (35$) are included in the price " Should read shipping fees are included in the price of the item which is $35. Otherwise it looks as if the shipping fees are $35 which is confusing to the seller, never mind that it doesn't belong in the description and certainly not the first line of text. Not sure how you can afford to charge no shipping for the same item whether it goes to Greece or to the US. You might want to rethink that one.
Hirotechnion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your constructive critisim. All of your points will be taken into account to improve my shop! Thank you again for your time,

Good luck with your sales,
Efstratia
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes I thought you could use a foreign language as long as English was dominant which it is in this store. It is far better for sales to offer a translation if you are fluent in the language than to leave the translation up to Google translator that sometimes is spot on and other times introduces a third language called jibberish.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the terms: 4.3 Basic requirements - All texts must be in English. Guess it would be something to ask the eCrater team.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Maggie, but ecrater doesn't seem to agree with us! Burda patterns always has both English and German descriptions (plus another language that I can't remember). It would be nice to use both English and German to have the titles or descriptions bring in buyers who are doing searches in their own language. But nope it has to all be English. I don't suppose the ecrater team is fluent in all languages so that they can't tell in reading Greek or whatever, the sellers aren't saying or giving TOS that aren't allowed on ecrater.

I was watching Criminal Minds last night and at the end of the show the one guy offered to translate Korean films without subtitles to one of the team members if she would go with him. How neat would that be to be able to speak so many languages and understand them all? I know a BLIND guy that is fluent in 13 language including Mandarin. When I hear people talking in a foreign language I always wish I could understand them, not to be an eavesdropper, but just to have that knowledge. Very Happy
tarasouth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so impressed with your products. They are really well done. Best of luck with sales Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
cutiehandmade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz

Hi

Welcome to eCrater!

I think your shop is lovely!!!!

In regards to your policies I find it rather impressive that you did them in both English and another language.

I personally find nothing wrong with it nor confusing. You see products all the time where it is listed in both English and Spanish.

As with the shipping - it simply needs to be tweaked a bit. Maybe to say "Shipping fee is included in the cost of the product". Most of my products do not include free shipping. But for those that do I also place it in my descriptions as well - this way it leaves clarity and not confusion in regards to what is free and what isn't (as for myself it has been beneficial in doing so).

I design and make many handmade items. Sometimes I make 10 - 20 sets of a product such as: gift tags, mini note cards etc... They are already made and available ready to ship out, especially if it is a popular item.

When you are new, eCrater does have a bit of a learning curve as with most websites. There is alot of information to be taken in.

Wishing you the VERY BEST with your shop and endeavors!

Cutie
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I personally find nothing wrong with it nor confusing. You see products all the time where it is listed in both English and Spanish

This is where it doesn't matter how we feel about it, it isn't allowed. I would love to be literate in more than one language, but then I have enough trouble spelling in English, not sure how I would cope in a different language!
cutiehandmade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My statement was directed to the new member as a compliment to them. It is impressive that they have the talent / skills to do so.

And while it may be a rule that everything here on eCrater must be in English it still does not change my opinion about my feelings and what I think about the matter.

No offense, but I'm sure that if everything were in a different language I'm sure at some point you would adapt and manage to survive it if there were no other choices. There are so many products on the market to help with translations, believe you would do just fine.

You have a good day!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what happens in search, google search.

If the titles are too similar it will shove a bunch of things at the last page of search you will see "repeat the search with the omitted results included. "

So I might put what the painting is, like, ship, building, flower, along with, hand painted, photo album.

If you look, you have the same words used over and over, yes I know it's tricky, but just think of what you do and embellish trying to add at least one different word per title, or switch the wording around a little.
Like made of wood, another metal, leather, just enough so the bots don't think they are duplicate listings.

I listed a bunch of video games thinking I would make things all prim and proper and accurate and with the same words. Most of my items ended up in the omitted search because google bots think they are too similar and omits them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: