eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
george02086

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Hello SammysSupplies this is George just needed to ask you when you have a minute. Can you check my Google Attributes. Someone helped me with them, and after they changed it all around i might have one person visit my store in the past month. Shocked If you do look at it can you be specific in what i have to change. I called my store Agudos sport and apparel but i registered the store to George02086. The person who helped me changed the store name to George02086 i believe that was the right thing to do. If you see something please let me know, and please be specific Thanks George
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if you did your attributes right or not. Buyers can't see them unless you did something wrong while adding them. Your descriptions look much better. Don't forget to fill out your FAQ's. One question, is the purse really only 2.5" deep? I couldn't even put my phone it it.
george02086

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Actually it is 9 inches deep is that what the description says wow the person who was helping me Question must have written a bad description. So theirs no way you can look at my Google attributes? I think you would be able to tell if theirs something wrong.
george02086

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

NO i know the buyers cant see the attributes,but if i don't have it written right they will not show up on Google search.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, we are sellers like yourself. We can't see your admin page and the attributes don't show in the public view. If you would like us to check your attributes, there is a way. Select an item, say a shirt, and give us the title and a link to the item in your store. (Not the link to your admin page, the link to the item as a buyer would see it.)

Next, in your admin, scroll to the end of your description and copy the attribute information that you'll see at the end of the description. (The eCrater system posts that information after you use the Google Table and it matches what you entered.) Some of us use this system for attributes instead of using the table and the system uses our data to complete the table. It will look something like [!brand=U.S. Polo Association!][!color=red!]

As far as the traffic to your store, are you checking your traffic according to the hits or are you using Google Analytics? If you are checking your hits shown in your admin, those reset to 0 at the first of the month. Also, you would have see a lot of traffic last month do to posting in the forum asking for help. More people checked your store than posted in the forum. If they agreed with what another seller had already told you, there was no need to post. Those hits were from other sellers responding to your request. Since you posted in the forum with a help question, you'll see an increase in hits again. I took a look at your home page and several of your items.
george02086

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Thank you Sheila
george02086

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Yes Sheila i go to Google analytic to see the traffic. I looked where it was coming from some was from Google,Bing ecrater itself but i was getting people from all over looking. Now nothing that's why i believe theirs something im doing wrong to have Goggle stop my traffic.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be this

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=34290
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the reason is based on the link given by Oakteakstore. The link is talking about being suspended from Google Shopping. It also states, "We will notify the merchant if Google suspends the account." The merchant has not mentioned being notified and currently all his store items are displayed in Google Shopping with one exception.

George, once you post the information I suggested, we will be able to see your Google Attributes for an item to see if they can be improved and if you've listed all the required attributes.
george02086

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Ok Sheila this is what i wrote for age 8 Polo shirt.

brand U.S Polo Association
product_type mens polo shirt
age_group Kids
color Blue
gender Male
identifier _exists False
material 100% cotton
pattern big pony logo
size S
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

george02086 wrote:
Ok Sheila this is what i wrote for age 8 Polo shirt.

Is the shirt new, with original tags ? IIRC, used items may not participate in the feed (but subject to correction there).

Also, 'material' might be 'cotton', and ignore the 100% bit.
george02086

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

The shirt is new without tags.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, I reviewed your Google Attributes for the shirt and you have every attribute required by Google Shopping. I am assuming you have a typo when you typed identifier_exists and put a space between the first word and the under score. It doesn't have a space. The value for material should be just cotton (leave out the 100% in the attribute value). It is correct to list it in your description that way, just leave the number out on the attribute table.

There is no need to put product_type. That information is submitted by eCRATER based on the Global & Sub-Global categories you select when you list the item. If you add product_type, eCRATER simply skips it when they do the feed. It doesn't hurt anything, it's just extra work when listing that doesn't go anywhere and serves no purpose. (That is directly from eCRATER and posted by eCRATER in another thread months and months ago.)

You didn't give the title of the item or a link to the item that goes with the attributes you copied. There is a problem if you listed the shirt in the Global category for men when it's a young boys Small size 8. Also, you show the color attribute as Blue, but I didn't see a young boys shirt in blue. Maybe you were just showing those as examples, but you might want to review every item to make sure the person who helped you didn't make a mistake. SammysSupplies mentioned the depth of the purse you have listed and you "corrected it" but it's still wrong. You should go back and look at your description.

There is no restriction on selling used apparel, just so you know. All of your items are showing in Google Shopping except one pair of shoes. Maybe you listed them last and they haven't gotten pickup by Google Shopping yet.

You really need to add the size to both the titles and description. The shirts should be shown as Size 6, 8, 10-12, 14-16, or 18 and/or you could use XS, S, M, L, XL. Having the suggested age really isn't helpful and Mom's are going to be looking for the size.

You have a nice photo of your purse you are using for the category photo. You should use that photo (or one like it) for your first photo on the item. The photo you are using is important, but shouldn't be the first one.

George, that's all I could see. Maybe someone else will have some more ideas.
george02086

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Thank you very much you are a great help. I will look at what you suggested, and change it. Thanks George
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: