eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Recent forum login issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Recent forum login issues Reply with quote

The last couple of weeks have been on-again-off-again for me with the forums. Admin login hasn't been affected.

When it's acting up, the flow goes like this:
-Login normally, shown the full forum index
-Click on a forum category, then asked to login again and do so.
-Shown the list of thread titles, click on a thread, then asked to login again and do so.
-Then sometimes I'm shown the thread posts and a couple of times I've gotten a "No Posts Exist" message.
-If I try to post a comment, sometimes I'm asked to login again, and sometimes it takes and sometimes it kicks me out (logged out) again.

Other times, I try to do the first login, and it never takes. I'm never shown the full "members only" main screen, it continues to tell me to login to leave a comment etc.

And other times all systems are normal, nary a hiccup (like now). What gives? Anybody else getting this hit-or-miss lately? Has there been a recent update that isn't jiving well with Macs?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen that, and I'm on a Mac. Try flushing cookies ?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having a problem here and I'm using a Firefox browser.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times after I log in and I end up seeing a post that I write a long response to, I end up having to resign in and if I didn't copy the post ahead of time, it is gone. I don't know if it is ecrater or just my computer since in the last couple days my computer is weird things instead of what was happening last week.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times after I log in and I end up seeing a post that I write a long response to, I end up having to resign in and if I didn't copy the post ahead of time, it is gone. I don't know if it is ecrater or just my computer since in the last couple days my computer is weird things instead of what was happening last week.

I think the quirks of the BBS on this site are not eCrater's fault but are part of the system. All community forums are at least a little bit balky.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:
I think the quirks of the BBS on this site are not eCrater's fault but are part of the system. All community forums are at least a little bit balky.

Definitely a possibility. Another forum I frequent runs the identical phpBB forum software as Ecrater, but has other problems with time stamps, and either drops threads or messes up the navigation all the time because of it. Ecrater has some flexibility/options in how they use/integrate/customize the BB software, and I know things are kind of always in flux behind the scenes around here, so I just thought I'd ask around. Haven't experienced this flavor of inconvenience here yet but I've had others; sometimes others are seeing it too and sometimes not.

There was some specific issue involving Macs with a past update, but I can't recall what it was right now. That was the only reason I mentioned a Mac.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems ok here so far win7 ie10.

BUT I am getting big fonts on my twitter, but not the Home tab tweets, the fonts are regular.
It looks like they have big fonts until the tweet gets older.

sorry, off topic
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most annoying community forum quirks here are the duplicate posts that happen occasionally.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:
The most annoying community forum quirks here are the duplicate posts that happen occasionally.

I've heard this from others, although I haven't gotten that one yet myself. I guess I get my very own quirk. Rolling Eyes

I feel so special. Cool
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've heard this from others, although I haven't gotten that one yet myself. I guess I get my very own quirk. Rolling Eyes

I feel so special. Cool

Happens to me at times when I click on submit and get taken to the sign in page again. Every few occurrences of going back to the sign on page it posts the post anyhow but I don't see it until I re-post and then double check and I then see two posts instead of one. The other venue I sell on in the afternoons every time I try to list something I keep getting taken to the sign in page again, over and over and so I have learned to do stuff there in the mornings and evenings. I'm not sure why. For both I just figured it was my computer. My husbands tends to use use up lots of our download time at night with Yourtube, etc. and I just figured when we are getting close to our limit the satellite keeps cutting me out. What do I know though? I'm old and didn't grow up with computers although I do remember in math class many years ago we were doing what we all considered weird stuff--using just 1's and 0's for numbers. I had no clue why and when this would ever be applicable to my life! Very Happy
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar things happen from time to time. They seem to resolve themselves eventually. I can't tell you why they happen. But sometimes, if I change browsers, the problem goes away in the changed browser. At the moment, all is OK for me.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: