eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very hurt & disappointed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cupperscharms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Very hurt & disappointed Reply with quote

I have been selling on eCRATER since 2006-2007, I believe it was. At that time, when it was recommended by a friend who recommended eCRATER in the first place, that it would be a good idea to stay away from the forum. "Too many rude, negative trollers, and the spiteful eCRATER "police" on there that sell a product like yours or similar products . It will create nothing heartache for you." they said. So I did. I stayed away. I had forgotten all about eCRATER having a forum. Today, I fell upon it by accident.

Well, today I decided that I would take a look at the forum myself, and see what it was all about. I saw that it was very nice and by some of the posts I read, I didn't see any of what they were talking about at all. So, I made my very first post EVER on here. WOOT WOOT!

It didn't take long...... one of them found me. And, Yup, I felt badgered enough, even though they were "trying" to be nice, but the sarcasm came though their words, that I took off the listing that they were having so much an issue over.

I should have stayed away from here as it was recommended. Why do people have to be this way? If there was an issue with what I had listed, wouldn't eCRATER have shut me down? I got eCRATER's approval for it in the first place, but that was not good enough for them, and now I suppose I will be turned in by them and suspended anyway even now that the listing is gone.

I feel after the way I was treated that this forum is not for me. I am a moderator on 2 other public forums and I would never put up with what happened to me happen to someone else. So very sad. Be careful and mindful of what you say. It really is not so much what you say, but how you say it.

I am so hurt and disappointed in the way I was treated. My heart aches. May God bless them, for he is our only judge. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said I was sorry. This really is a great forum and has wonderful folks. I was just trying to be helpful. Many people just list without reading the rules. I didn't know you had an ok from the staff here. It was my fault for trying to help someone new to the forums....once again I apologize.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the problem. So there was a discrepancy to some of the things that were mentioned. How is that a big deal?

It's a forum. People openly discuss things. That's what it's for. I read that entire post and did not see anyone deliberately attacking someone in an offensive manner by any means. All I see is someone making a huge deal out of nothing and then making multiple posts about it.

If you are a mod as you claim to be on multiple forums, then there is no excuse for not being able to handle yourself in any discussion.

If you think anyone here has been overly abusive, you should venture on over to eBay and Etsy forums. You will get your head ripped off.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@cupperscharms, I'm sorry you had a poor experience with your first venture in the community forum. I do hope you will not let this one reaction prevent you from returning. Everyone has a bad day from time to time and I hope you'll forgive the poster that you found offensive. She has a helping spirit and was really trying to be helpful to you. We can all take from this the fact that we must remember to provide a welcoming feeling to newcomers to the community.

We've had a lot of new sellers recently, especially with the problems with eBay. We find that a lot of times a new seller will post once in the Introduce forum and they have just done a huge upload of product either from eBay or their own database. Then a few days later they are asking questions that show they have not taken the time to read the terms of service, the FAQs, any information in forums and they are angry that they haven't had any sales when they've been here 3 days. When we see a new posting in introduce forum, we try to see if there are any outstanding issues with the store and if we can provide any help. I've been here almost as long as you and I think this is the first time I remember a seller introducing themself without mentioning they've been selling on eCRATER almost from the beginning of eCRATER. We sellers also need to remember that not all sellers new to the community are new to selling on eCRATER.

There are many new things about eCrater that are only announced in the forum. It is recommended that all sellers at least check into the community on a regular basis to stay up to date with the changes. Even if you do not wish to post in the community, I do hope you'll monitor the community so you won't miss out on some of the great features that have been provided for us that are usually only discussed in the community.
cupperscharms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello SheilaDeesPostcards,

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
We can all take from this the fact that we must remember to provide a welcoming feeling to newcomers to the community.

We've had a lot of new sellers recently, especially with the problems with eBay. We find that a lot of times a new seller will post once in the Introduce forum and they have just done a huge upload of product either from eBay or their own database. Then a few days later they are asking questions that show they have not taken the time to read the terms of service, the FAQs, any information in forums and they are angry that they haven't had any sales when they've been here 3 days. When we see a new posting in introduce forum, we try to see if there are any outstanding issues with the store and if we can provide any help. I've been here almost as long as you and I think this is the first time I remember a seller introducing themself without mentioning they've been selling on eCRATER almost from the beginning of eCRATER. We sellers also need to remember that not all sellers new to the community are new to selling on eCRATER.

Thank you for your kind words. Means a lot to know that someone understands.

What I am going to say is not "blowing" my own horn as they say, but I want to try to explain why I was so hurt and offended.

I am not a new seller with eCRATER, just my first time on the forum, I didn't see the need to say how long I have been on eCRATER because, is it really that important of information? But in this case maybe I should have. My error in judgement. I apologise for not letting you all know how long I have been here on eCRATER.

I don't sell on eBay. Quit selling on there YEARS ago when the fees went up so high. I bet it has been 7 years since I have sold on there. That is when I came over to eCRATER. I do well in my sales here. I have no complaints on my sales. I LOVE selling on eCRATER.

Some background information on me:

I am very familiar with direct sales as I have been doing it for over 35 years. I started with Tupperware in the early 70's and now I own my own brick and mortar store with 7 employees. I had a catering business with 22 employees for 17 years, I now sell on eCRATER to reach out to the rest on the USA as an extension to my store. I am very proud of my product. I also have been selling Scentsy for 6 years now.

Yes, I was offended that it was presumed that I did not know the "rules". Everyone, I feel, should learn to private message someone instead of calling them out in public when it is assumed that the rules are not known. Only if I would have been contacted in that manner and not called out in public the outcome would have been very different. Yes, you could say I was also embarrassed to have been called out. I NEVER call out one of my employees in public, I take them to the back room and ask questions and not accuse or assume anything with knowing all the facts.

Now, I am not saying that what happened to me is right or wrong, but this is how I felt and made to feel. I will stay here to "watch" only but I won't give or offer suggestions as I don't want to be called out again.

Again, thank you for your "support" of my feelings.
cupperscharms

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies

Apology accepted. Thank you
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupperscharms, I'm not sure which post upset you so I'm not going to weigh in there. I will defend the forum and the people who post regularly. If you have been here 6-7 years you have experienced enough changes to know that this forum, as are all forums, is run and monitored by other sellers. eCRATER rarely steps in except to announce a new feature or change or lock a topic that has gotten out of hand.

Any time you have people writing (usually in a hurry) and people reading (also probably in a hurry) you are going to come up with misunderstandings. You write something you think is a smart quip and someone takes offense because they thought it was a rude barb. You post an answer to someone's question and they think it is negative criticism because it was straight to the point and not couched in paragraphs of soft rhetoric. Soft rhetoric takes time, wastes readers time in reading it, and often loses the thread of the topic.

The people who take the time to reply to our questions are doing so at the expense of their time and knowledge for which we pay them nothing. While there have been tirades similar to etsy, eBay and ArtFire, they are quickly muzzled and those who attempt it get banned I assume as they never post again.

So I urge you not to abandon the forum so readily. You can learn a lot by visiting on a regular basis. I've been here longer than you and I still learn from my co-sellers.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See for yourself, go in the introduction thread, and see the posts, then click on the "www" tab below to see the NEW stores.

If indeed you where "introducing" yourself, a part of it would be "a Long time seller" so that thread takes on a noob helper type of thing.

And if you REALLY want to see some damage go look at TOPIX forums, that place you would probably delete every post, aaaaaaaarg, it's rough.

Seriously, come and post, you have experience, and find out other details and glitches with shipping, Stripe etc etc.

Put that thing or whatever it was back up !!! it's YOUR decision.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew she was not a new seller. I just had no idea that eCrater gave exemptions to their rules. Besides we often see sellers coming here and asking why their stores were suspended. They figure if something was wrong, it should have been caught before. I was just simply trying to do a nice thing and it EXPLODED in my face. Shocked
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: