eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to ecrater. What is the best ways to promote.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buysewingpatterns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: New to ecrater. What is the best ways to promote. Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I recently opened up my ecrater store in May. I would like to know what are the best ways to promote my ecrater store.

My store is http://buysewingpatterns.ecrater.com.

I specialize in sewing and craft patterns.

Thanks for your suggestions!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally don't comment or post answers to those selling patterns as that is more or less shooting myself in the foot, but in this case I wanted to bring up a point. You have a bunch of patterns listed under women's. In the happy world of sewing patterns, there are Misses patterns and Women's patterns. The women's patterns are the women's plus size, generally 18W on up, the the 'W' is important as you can also have a Misses size 18 and the meansurements are a bit different. Misses patterns run from 4-26 with no 'W' and for the way you are sorting your patterns you might want to have those two categories so that a woman isn't stuck sorting through all the Misses patterns to find something in size 30W.
buysewingpatterns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you MoonwishesStore for your reply. You are correct, "woman" and "miss" sizes are not the same. I chose to use "women" to categorize both "woman" and "misses". When I search for sewing patterns, I'd more likely use, "women's dress pattern" instead of "misses' dress pattern." And if I'm searching for a particular size such as "30W" or "10", I'll include this in the search phrase. I could be the only one doing this. I guess that I'm so stuck on doing things this way. Smile

Since, I can only use one category for each item, I want to keep all "woman", "misses', and "petites" together under the main "women's patterns" category and subcats are based on projects.

I see that you have quite a lot of sales on ecrater, so you know what you're talking about. I wish you many more sales! Thanks again for your suggestion.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen any pattern seller doing their categories like others do. The further the seller is away from actually doing any sewing themselves the more bizarre their categories. And I have seen truly bizarre categories for patterns.

Between here and Ebay when I sold there, etc. I think I have sold well over 10K worth of patterns in the last 12 years. It is one way I can keep my hand in with sewing, when it is hard for me to do much sewing myself any more. Been working on a pair of shorts for my husband that should be ready about the time snow starts to fall! Embarassed
buysewingpatterns

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. I've been wanting to get back to sewing too. It's just that I've been so busy online and with my kids.

I (accidentally) got into selling sewing patterns about 7 years ago after visiting an estate sale. The woman that lived there was an extreme "hoarder". She had a bedroom full of mostly sewing patterns! The guy that was running the sale gave all of them to me for $50! He just wanted to get rid of everything in the house so that he can make room for more of her stuffs that were still in storage! I had to do a little arguing with my husband about buying the patterns. I won. Laughing There were very old rare Vogue patterns and most were uncut! Nowadays, there seems to be more pattern sellers and it's hard to get a decent price on them like back then.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that would be my dream yard sale Very Happy only my really big dream yard sale is a Janome 12000 for $50!

The problem is that many 'pattern' sellers don't know squat about what they are selling. Most of them are book sellers, or junk sellers and have never used a pattern and don't know anything aobut sewing. I saw one book seller describe every little flaw in the envelope and didn't mention anything about what was inside. Was it cut or uncut? what size was it? Damage or factory folds? Nothing. I guess he just figured it was more important to mention that the envelope had a little bend on the corner which is par for the course. I've rarely seen a perfect envelope!
Itsmygaragesales

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome!
Fred...
buysewingpatterns

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fred! Thank you for welcoming me to ecrater. Sorry that I haven't been in this forum for awhile.

I'm just starting to list again. I'm in the process of moving all my patterns from my website here.

Stephanie.

If you're looking to buy sewing patterns, come visit my store at http://buysewingpatterns.ecrater.com/c/1894214/sewing-patterns.

For craft patterns, visit http://buysewingpatterns.ecrater.com/c/1888563/craft-patterns.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I know that you posted this months ago...

I was just going thru the threads and browsing.

I am relatively new to eCrather myself; in fact, younger than you.

I just wanted to say that you have a wonderful shop - with GREAT prices for your patterns. I wish you well.

Gee - looking at all your patterns....it makes me want to clean out my "craft room" and blow off the dust of my sewing machine.

I really just wanted to say - Welcome to eCrater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: