eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How much does Market place cost?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariobox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: How much does Market place cost? Reply with quote

What is market place on the left side? marketplace from facebook or something?How does it charge from every order?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would strongly suggest you return to the home page for eCRATER here:
http://www.ecrater.com/ and click on the FAQ, then read the information related to selling on this site. Also, the last question in the last section "Administrative Tools" contains links to a tutorial for using the Admin section of your store. The tutorial is available in both a docx and doc file.

The short answer is the marketplace is the eCRATER marketplace and the answer above will explain about the charge.

If you did not read the terms of service when you opened your store, I would also suggest you read the terms for this site that are located from a link on the same FAQ page.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following discussions regularly on this forum will also help you to keep up with what is going on. You don't have to read everything, but topics that directly affect all stores are important as ecrater never sends out emails to tell us anything new is happening. They announce it on the forum.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they buy directly through your store view website, no fee, the other website that looks different they call the marketplace, and will be a 2.9% fee.

Google shopping and ecrater front page all lead to the marketplace website.

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ mariobox

If the order originates via mariobox.ecrater.com (your store view) there is no fee charged.

If the order originates via www.ecrater.com (the site wide marketplace) there is a fee of 2.9%.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:

Perhaps some of us have actually received some buyer traffic from Google Shopping after all. This is a possibility I had not considered before, as I thought ecrater's system differentiated between the main page and Shopping when you make a sale. Hmm.
mariobox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
I would strongly suggest you return to the home page for eCRATER here:
http://www.ecrater.com/ and click on the FAQ, then read the information related to selling on this site. Also, the last question in the last section "Administrative Tools" contains links to a tutorial for using the Admin section of your store. The tutorial is available in both a docx and doc file.

The short answer is the marketplace is the eCRATER marketplace and the answer above will explain about the charge.

If you did not read the terms of service when you opened your store, I would also suggest you read the terms for this site that are located from a link on the same FAQ page.

Thank you very much.I see it.
mariobox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
@ mariobox

If the order originates via mariobox.ecrater.com (your store view) there is no fee charged.

If the order originates via www.ecrater.com (the site wide marketplace) there is a fee of 2.9%.

How about from the link wich I post to facebook or from google search or google shopping site?
mariobox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mariobox"]
cosmicray wrote:
@ mariobox

How about from the link wich I post to facebook or from google search or google shopping site?And how can I know the order comes from eCrater or my own site?quote]
mariobox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
A-Better-Way wrote:

Perhaps some of us have actually received some buyer traffic from Google Shopping after all. This is a possibility I had not considered before, as I thought ecrater's system differentiated between the main page and Shopping when you make a sale. Hmm.

Thanks,but it seems that we can't know where the order comes from,there is not a way to distinguish .
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
A-Better-Way wrote:

Once upon a time, eCrater said that if you were paying independently on one of the Google Shopping ad plans, the traffic from Shopping would go to your store view. I do not know if that is still active or not.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If they don't buy directly through your store view website, no fee

That statement should read if they DO buy directly from your store view no fee.

Quote:
Thanks,but it seems that we can't know where the order comes from,there is not a way to distinguish .

When we get orders there are about 10 possiblities of where the order came from that are listed next to the order. The ONLY one with fees is the one that says 'marketplace'. If someone comes in from a FB, Pinterest link it will say so.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:

MoonwishesStore wrote:
When we get orders there are about 10 possiblities of where the order came from that are listed next to the order. The ONLY one with fees is the one that says 'marketplace'. If someone comes in from a FB, Pinterest link it will say so.

When the order was place by a buyer who arrived on the item page in the Marketplace, that sale will be marked marketplace. We need to keep in mind that ALL links on Google Shopping go directly to the marketplace and those orders show Marketplace. Also, if a buyer followed a link from an organic search (google, Bing, Yahoo, Dogpile, etc.) directly to eCrater marketplace, that order will be shown as marketplace.

It's my understanding that if a buyer follows a link to the item on eCrater marketplace from somebody's blog or a pin on Pinterest, or a mention in Twitter or Facebook, that order will be marked Marketplace. If "The Find" set a search bot out and found an item on the marketplace and the buyer followed that link, that order will be marked marketplace. Our orders will only show where they came from when they came from the internet directly into our store and made a purchase.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which means that the Google organic search or Google+ that we do with OUR store link comes back to us as 'store Google' (not marketplace). I usually get a some of those each month.

What it comes down to that to help avoid marketplace fees, such as they are, make sure you are placing your store links and individaul store listing links, in as many places as possible so you draw your own traffic in.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrected my post.

"Also, if a buyer followed a link from an organic search (google, Bing, Yahoo, Dogpile, etc.) directly to eCrater marketplace, that order will be shown as marketplace."

But those places lead you to the store links, google blocks our store links and puts them in the omitted search. They can now easily block them as being a duplicate by having dual run webpages.

Other search engines don't block our store website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: