eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi A New small Surplus Store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crusadertrader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Hi A New small Surplus Store Reply with quote

Hi I am starting a new Military surplus store we sell only gear and uniforms no guns grenades or knives (lol rules) I have only 2 items up but I have only a limited amount of cash I can spend into my business due to school lol I am looking to start this business for the experience I can gain and for the Value of I Made a successful business which my dad and his dad and his dad before him tried to do but they couldn't do it so im hoping to step up to the challenge and be the first successful business man in my family my Stores link is crusadertrader.ecrater.com and I you have any questions you can email me at crusadertrader7@gmail.com thank you for reading and have a nice day
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater. May I suggest some editing of what you have written. Part of a line from your About me page:
Quote:
we are being run out of minnesota
Say it out loud if you don't understand how funny that sounds. You might want to try, Our business is located in Minnesota. Anyhow I did notice lots of spelling errors as well as writing errors.

Two items aren't going to attract much business at this point so don't set your hopes up too high. Do you not have other items that you can sell along with these two items. Did you buy these specifically for resell? You should probably spend some times going over forum posts so you can have some ideas for better photos to add to the listing and get ideas for ways to write your listings better.

For years I wanted to start my own business and so I read everything I could get my hands on about running a small business and that was a great help for when I started to sell on line.

Anyhow good luck, try to find some more inventory to sell. Not sure why you choose military surplus (which I have always thought of as being sold as new). Most of us picked what we had a lot of around the house and/or something that we were very interested in and had a good source for inventory. I do understand not having lots of funds. I started my business with absolutely nothing but what I had in my house at the time 12 years ago. That is called starting a business on a shoestring.
crusadertrader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: MoonwishesStore Reply with quote

Thank you for looking at it I have lots to learn about the online marketplace and I appreciate your feed back on my spelling errors and such
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
I agree that you won't be very successful with only 2 items listed. They aren't the first Superman comic book or a long lost Rembrandt. If you shop your home (assuming you are living with your father and not in a dorm room) I'm sure you can come up with a few things you never used, didn't like or that no longer fit to add to your inventory. All you have to do is change your store description from military surplus to general merchandise.

You really need to experiment with lighting and camera settings. Even a cell phone takes better photos than you have up. Also read other sellers' descriptions to learn what buyers need to know about the items for sale.

When you are buying new merchandise to sell on line, it takes a long time to accumulate and sell enough items to show a profit and have money to reinvest into your business. This is primarily because your cost to buy new is much greater than your cost to sell vintage or used.

I don't like to discourage young people and I'm not suggesting you close your store but I think you need to continue doing your homework.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: