eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Getting sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirnscreation87

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Getting sales Reply with quote

Hi,i just want to know,how long did you wait before u get your first sale?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has a different experience. It depends on:
What you sell.
How hard to find it is.
How much competition you have.
How well you present your shop. Does it look professional, great titles, complete descriptions, clear photos?
How much do you promote your store? That is up to you as eCRATER only feeds you to search engines. They don't advertise otherwise.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mira, How long have you been open? We all sell different items with different price points and different ways of writing our listings and titles. Which means that we all get different timing of our first and subsequent sales. It also depends on the kind of marketing you do to get those sales. We get this question a lot and it is kind of like comparing selling oranges to bazookas to ask about others sales.

To answer your first question though, I think I got my first sales a month or so after initial listing. For every thousand listings I put up, the sales became more regular until the last couple years where they are lagging greatly, which means you have to do everything as correctly as possible to get those sales. If you are open for suggestions to improve your store, we would be glad to help.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in other forum to a member.

In the old days before Google (organic search) changes. With more sellers and buyer searching for eBay Alternative sites. With 50-100 items and without promotion of your stuff. It can take like a month.

In the present day. With all the Google changes and other organic engines following their stupidity. With 50-100 items and also with promotion. I can't make a calculation.

You must understand. eCrater isn't eBay or Amazon. It don't have the traffic from members. It depends a lot from organic search engines and promotion from sellers to get traffic.
momsretro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two links that might help you with store promotion ideas to speed things up.
Good luck!

Drive more traffic to your eCrater store
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=15426

Advertising ideas for PROMOTING your store
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: