eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I am new just opened a store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShopglobalZhuncity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: I am new just opened a store Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am new here, and just opened a store:
http://shopglobalzhuncity.ecrater.com/

We have a nice forum here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater. I took a quick look at your store and noticed something, you don't ship to Hawaii or Alaska. Part of the terms you agreed to state that you must ship to all 50 states. I hope you have many sales Very Happy
ShopglobalZhuncity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Oh I have to look at the agreement term again then. We ground ship the items, so we don't ship to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. Thanks
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules are that you must ship to all 50 states. If you aren't willing or able to do that you won't be able to sell here.

In all my years here, I think I have had maybe 1 sale to Hawaii, 2 to Alaska and none to Puerto Rico.

If you are offering free shipping to the continental US, it is easy enough to use the shipping matrix, Just select your sites you ship to, US, AK, HA, and PR, then in the matrix enter 0 for mainland US, and then the appropriate airmail shipping to the other three areas.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located that you are collecting sales tax for three different states? And where do you get a 9% sales tax for those three states? CA is 7.5% plus any local tax , NY is 4% plus any local sales tax, and GA is 4% plus any local sales tax. None of them come up to 9% with the possibility of CA depending on the local sales tax. At least these are the sales taxes as shown in a Google search.

The name of your store looks to be from China by name (you don't actually identify where you are) so it seems weird that you would be collecting sales tax for in the US and can't ship to two States when things can go to the other 48. The others are right. Unless you accommodate Alaska and Hawaii, you can't sell here, period.

If you can get the shipping thing cleared up, welcome. Hope things go well.
ShopglobalZhuncity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are located in the United States. Need to work on the list of the States that tax online purchases. What other states that have the Sales tax besides CA, NY, GA ?

Sometime these total Sales tax is so confusing because it varies with the cities/states etc. It would be great if we have the system that indicates the Sales tax automatically when somebody purchase from those states.

We are not from China, although there is plan to increase inventory from China. Alibaba is from China, so that is a good thing. Maybe my store will be the next Alibaba Razz
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Need to work on the list of the States that tax online purchases. What other states that have the Sales tax besides CA, NY, GA ?

Currently, as far as I am aware, you only are allowed to charge sales tax for the states that you are located in and if a customer from one of those states purchases something from you. To collect sales tax, you MUST have a sales tax permit from each state that you collect from. For you to be collecting sales tax without this, you wouldn't even be set up to submit the appropriate sales tax to each states taxing body. Therefore for you to be collecting sales tax without this would be illegal.

I know that they have been trying to pass a law to make each on line seller collect and remit sales tax on each purchase as necessary, which would actually come to about 400 places since many cities have local sales tax as well. However at this point in time, this does not effect on line sellers selling less than $500,000 (I think is the number they are going for), but I don't think that law has even been passed or been put into practice. If you think that your sales will be higher than that, then you NEED to hire your own tax person to oversee this process. You just can't guess and collect and then what do you do with the money?

I am fortunate that my product unless a certain type is non-taxable in my state so I don't have to collect much. But the day I have to collect sales tax on over 400 taxing bodies no matter how much my sales, is the day I quit selling on line. Currently my state expects buyers of on line goods to self report how much they bought and what the tax would have been.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that all of this tax talk, at least here, is a moot point unless you ship to all 50 states. Not doing so can get your site suspended until you do.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far lobbyists have prevented this law from being passed. The day it passes and goes into effect there will be a mass exodus from the internet. Only the internet giants will have the wherewithal to set up such accounting systems.

By adding 9% sales tax you are padding your prices and lining your pocket. That is a fraudulent practice. Not many buyers are that naïve so you aren't doing yourself any favors.
ShopglobalZhuncity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Thanks guys for all the info.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you only should be collecting sales tax in states your business has nexus in
Like if you have a business partner, marketing person, buyer, etc in another state that CAN = nexus
If you use Amazon FBA and amazon has a warehouse in a state you MIGHT be required to declare nexus

Also some states that claim you have nexus there might also require your business to file income tax there and or have an agent on record which resides in that state

Yes selling inline can get extremely complicated!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is still showing that he only ships to 48 states!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: