eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why do some sellers get better placement in Google shopping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAebikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Why do some sellers get better placement in Google shopping Reply with quote

I sell the Prodeco electric biycles. I make sure my Google attributes are correct. When I search Google Shopping I find Ebay and other sellers get individual listings with pictures and my eCrater bikes are lumped with "other sellers" only accessible if I click on the heading link. Is there anyway to get better placement for my products?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really until you are the biggest and best bike seller and then be willing to pay for higher product placement which means paying a high pay for click rate with Gogle Adwords. Since you aren't paying (other than the marketplace fee) here for anything, you get what you pay for. The best thing I have found is forget about Google Shopping and do your best to be found high in Google, bing, Yahoo, etc. organic searches. That means the best titles, best listings possible and ongoing promotions. When you sell here you just can't list and wait. I guess years ago you could, but no longer.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Shopping isn't more free. It is just a pay to play option.

Like MoonwishesStore said. If you aren't paying more than the "bid" pay by eCrater. You never will be in the top. Lets be clear. You are against dozens of sellers or marketplaces paying more to show the same stuff.

About eBay. I'm not sure if they pay more than any other seller or marketplace. Because everybody know that stuff between "big mighty" companies work differently compare to the mortal man. Wink
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are selling high end bikes, I imagine some sellers/sites are paying rather high per click rates.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very expensive product. You are offering free shipping. Could you lower the price a bit if you charged zoned shipping instead ?

Even tho I ask this question, I realize that the weight of the item, combined with the batteries, probably means that you're being forced to use UPS. So the USPS Calculated would not help. Doing it this way, or with fixed shipping, may be your only options.

The one bike I looked at said nothing about input voltage to the charger.

Also, be aware that your 'About' page still mentions Google Checkout. That has been gone for almost a year.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Why do some sellers get better placement in Google shopp Reply with quote

USAebikes wrote:
I sell the Prodeco electric biycles. I make sure my Google attributes are correct. When I search Google Shopping I find Ebay and other sellers get individual listings with pictures and my eCrater bikes are lumped with "other sellers" only accessible if I click on the heading link. Is there anyway to get better placement for my products?

I am so surprised that not one other regular poster here saw this. Your default picture is too small.

http://usaebikes.ecrater.com/p/14190347/2014-phantom-x2-500-watt-electric-bicycle-12#

I see 600x366. Your default image needs to be at least 800px in one direction. Are you taking your own pictures, or are you using the ones supplied by the manufacturer ? Since you mention Google Checkout, that tells me that you have been here for a while.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point cosmic. I didn't look at his site, just tried to answer his actual question, which to me sort of showed that he was depending way to much on Google Shopping. If I hadn't sold on here and learned so much about it, I doubt if I ever would have heard of GS or used it even now because I sure didn't before. GS is one very small (in my opinion) source of leads to our stores. Stock photos can also affect placement, but in the long run it is the best placement goes to the highest pay per click.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sound rude, but if someone only is focus to get traffic by Google Shopping without the "pay to play" in mind. Something is wrong.

I forget to check the store too. Rolling Eyes

WTF!? I'm not sure, but if my mind doesn't fail me. We read some issues about promotion in the past from USAebikes. Legs go to the time machine:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=287610&highlight=#287610
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=273870&highlight=#273870

After the check. If I'm selling some high value item. I will try to take my own photos. At least I will try some recommendations and easy stuff like updating my store and items. Also I suggest and try to read some info about Google Shopping. As we said in one of those old topics. For example Google Shopping requires photos with at least 800px in height and length. You can't be in the top or near the big ones if you don't even follow the basic requirements.

Another thing. Do you sell spare parts or accessories for those bikes?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
WTF!? I'm not sure, but if my mind doesn't fail me. We read some issues about promotion in the past from USAebikes.

Yeah, the image size was pointed to the OP over a year ago. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ever wonder if some sellers come in ask a question as a means of advertising their product to us? I think of so many that come in and ask questions and never seem to return to the question to either comment, thank us or chew us out for telling them what needs changed.

At least any newbie seeing this thread may learn the necessity of correct size photos and to not use stock photos when doing their listing if they want better GS placement.

I am grateful that all the sites and venues want pictures as big as possible now. I used to hate trying to make a listing and to be told my picture is too big and so I would have to go slice pieces off until it was under 100KB which seemed to be the magic number back then. Doing it on dial up (in the country where mice chewed on wires) was horrible waiting for pictures to upload and then be told we had to try again. One listing with the photo the wrong size could mean taking close to half an hour to make the listing and get it loaded, and especialy back on ebay when it took five pages to list one item, it was just a hurry up and wait situation. Glad all that has changed. Very Happy
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you ever wonder if some sellers come in ask a question as a means of advertising their product to us?

It just remind me PSU forum where some newbies just appear randomly making a question that looks more like a promotion. Laughing
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Do you ever wonder if some sellers come in ask a question as a means of advertising their product to us? I think of so many that come in and ask questions and never seem to return to the question to either comment, thank us or chew us out for telling them what needs changed.

The fact that he posted an image to his query, both in this thread, and in the one from over a year ago, does to tend to validate your comment.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do some sellers get better placement in Google shopp Reply with quote

USAebikes wrote:
It was my understanding that Google Shopping wanted to group products together so the buyer could see all sellers for that item. It started with the ISBNs for books and caused a real mess because the publishers would release new printings with different covers, but the same ISBN. It's still a mess. What you are seeing was the plan. If you are seeing eBay sellers who are selling the same item and their item isn't in the group, then their attributes were not seen as identical. You might want to check the eBay listing to see what they listed in the item specifics. Once the products are grouped, it was my understanding that your placement would be based on the amount you paid to be there. If your item is not in a group, then the placement would be influenced by the amount paid IF all things are equal. Google Shopping implies they give a lower placement when your photos don't met their guidelines. They do ask that you, "Submit the largest, highest resolution, full-size image you have for the product, up to 4MB file size." They also "recommend images at least 800 pixels in height and width." (You also get a lower placement on eCrater Marketplace when your first photo isn't at least 800 px on one side.)

I don't have an exact answer, but maybe these suggestions will help.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last Updated: 20 Aug 2014 16:58:41 PDT

Another thing to think the topic is just a promo and not a cry for help. Rolling Eyes
USAebikes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Thank you for the input Reply with quote

I will be working this week to implement your suggestions. I was waiting for Prodecotech to send me some updated photos. Thanks for the help, the bikes get up to 75 hits a month, but most buyers still want to call and ask questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: