eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Haven't heard from the seller.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conceitedkid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Haven't heard from the seller. Reply with quote

So i bought an item for $180 on saturday morning. i emailed the seller a few times since after i bought the item i noticed he had no feedback at all. then i went to check his store and it says the last time he updated it was on july 1st i think. should i be worried? Sad this is the seller http://teamprodeals.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions. Do you mean this Saturday or 3 weeks ago? If you are going to buy an item of $180. Why e-mail the seller after you buy it? Rolling Eyes

As buyer, I learned that if I'm going to buy something rare or with high value in eCrater or other Alternative sites. If the seller doesn't have an updated store or isn't showing activity in the past few weeks. I contact the seller prior to buy the item.

If you bought an item this Saturday. Get in mind not every seller ships next day. PayPal gives you like 45 days to claim money back. If you are in the USA and buy from another seller in the USA. I recommend wait 1 week before going crazy. In the 2nd week, no answer and no item. Please go to PayPal to claim your money.

I recommend if you start the claim. Get the money the back. If the seller contact you during the claim. Focus to get the money and if you are still interesting in the item. Contact the seller to make a new order.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some smaller companies don't have 24/7 customer service and the seller may not be open on the weekend. If you don't get an email response from the seller today or a notice of shipment, then you might have a reason to be concerned.

In the future, I would strongly suggest you review an online store before making a large purchase no matter where that online store is located. Since you paid with PayPal you do have some protection, but that isn't a guarantee your money is safe.

If you don't hear from the seller today or tomorrow, please let eCrater know the seller has not responded. You can reach them from the contact link on the home page of eCrater.com here: http://www.ecrater.com/. The forum is a seller to seller forum and not the way to directly contact eCrater. If you are planning to open a store on eCrater, welcome. If you only opened a store to post on the forum, please sign in to your store and click to close the store.
Conceitedkid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought it this saturday, but it was after i bought it that i noticed he hasnt updated anything on the store and has 0 feedback. i will wait this week as you recommended though before going crazy. Thank you for your help, i appreciate it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally sign off on Saturday morning from my store and if I get busy I may not really be back to 'work' until Monday morning. Many sellers here single business owners and so don't jump on things within minutes of an email coming in. I don't see a reason to panic at all. We had one person come here with the same 'problem' only they had bought the item on Sunday evening and they were writing in Monday morning, furious because the seller hadn't acknowledged the sale yet even though she had written to them multiple time. I've had a buyer send me multiple emails during the night each one getting more and more frantic because I hadn't answered her--kind of hard to do as I was sound asleep! There was no reason for the emails either, just I hadn't written to say her purchase was on the way (because of course I was sleeping).

But as the others have said, give them a day or two to respond and if they don't contact ecrater. Some sellers don't send shipping acknowledgments but you should get one from PP and/or ecrater with the tracking number.
Conceitedkid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will wait a couple more days. thanks!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Conceitedkid

Don't know if you took the time to read the seller's Terms page, but there is a $25 fee mentioned there for cancellations within the first 72 hours. If the seller has not shipped, that seems odd to me.

What was it you purchased, and how did you make payment ?
Conceitedkid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought an xbox 360, and i paid with paypal. i dont wanna cancel it i just dont want it to be a scam.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can tell, that seller sells preowned products (i.e. used).

The selection they have makes me wonder if they might be a pawn shop (or at least someone who is constantly on the lookout for used products to resell).

Give them a day or two to respond. If you have nothing by Wednesday, then contact PayPal and ask what options you have for buyer protection. Being concerned on Monday morning, about something you purchased on Saturday, is a bit quick. They deserve more time than that (to respond, or make shipment). I'm positive they could not have made shipment before today, and possibly tomorrow (Tuesday) is more likely.

ETA: some items are used, some are marked brand new.
Conceitedkid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one that i bought was the "brand new one" and now that i think about it how can a jtagged xbox with preloaded games be brand new -_-
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From what I can tell, that seller sells preowned products (i.e. used).

I saw it too.

About video games. Long time I don't buy video games, but in the old days I never pay a lot for used stuff. Online or locally.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what site you are shopping on you need to be extra careful when it comes to buying technology items. It is always wise to ask about shipping terms, get reassurance in writing that the item is new or refurbished or whatever claim is made.

Many people do not check the used/brand new box.

This seller is using stock photos which means he could have just lifted them from another seller and may not even have the item.

On the other hand your seller may be a person who takes weekends off. If he/she has children it is family time.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: