eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

MIDWEEK MANIC MIDNIGHT MADNESS SALE OF DESIGNER COSMETICS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a nice thing if you filled in your Terms, Contact and About pages.

Otherwise, welcome to eCrater.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. Your store looks much better with your text pages completed. Having all those pages blank makes a store look like a fly-by-night, so glad to see you took the advice.
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER. Your store looks much better with your text pages completed. Having all those pages blank makes a store look like a fly-by-night, so glad to see you took the advice.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I like to extend a warm welcome to you as well. Smile I am still a newbie to Ecrater, so I was not aware before of other parts of profile which I had missed in filling out. Smile

Last edited by FREESHIPPINGBOOTH on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Might be a nice thing if you filled in your Terms, Contact and About pages.

Otherwise, welcome to eCrater.

Thanks for notifying me of part of profile which I was not aware before that I had not filled out. Being new to Ecrater, I am still a newbie in trying to figure out how to use the site. I thank you for having notified me of this and thanks for the warm welcome to the site. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this thread get started with an answer instead of a question? Confused

Welcome to ecrater. One of the best ways to find out about our site is keep up with the forum routinely so you know what issues are going on, understand what each of the different threads are for, find out the stuff that will make your life selling here more pleasant and productive.

On your home page, the way I see it, your text does not all appear. You may want to shorten it so that no matter what server or monitor screen someone has the entire thing shows. Only mention the most pertainent things so that you are giving the search engines some lovely keywords to find.

Some observations. On the home page you mention all sales get a bonus gift and then on the listing pages and About You or Terms page (can't remember which) you specify that it takes a certain amount of items or dollar amounts to get a free bonus. Also you give a time line for how long the one bonuse thing will last. Put a HUGE note on your calendar so that the day after that promotion's last day you delete that from your terms. Nothing like looking at a store and still seeing someone's promotion for Mother's Day showing and it is nearly Christmas! Very Happy Also you might want evaluate exactly when and under what conditions you give the bonus and have it consistent across your store.

I would recommend that you set up categories ASAP befoe you list another thing. You will have to go back to each listing at this point to put each item in a category, but easier now than when you have 500 items or more to categorize. That way the makeup and purses are each in their own categories.

The first item I opened was a Lancome something or other, but you mention in the title and the listing the word 'subtil'. The word is spelled subtle. I'm a lousy speller and it didn't look right to me, so I had to look it up.

Have you decided whether to have your UK and AU sites open and will you be giving them free shipping as well? One of the problems with having 'free shipping' as part of your store name. If you don't want them open, Sheila Dee has a lovely post (several of them) on how to close them.
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to my original post, I am not sure why it has disappeared, but in original post I had briefly described my store, outlining the items for sale, as well a special offer which I had on Wed until Midnight Hawaii time since Hawaii is the last state in USA to hit midnight and I allowed all states in USA FREE SHIPPING as well as all other countries.

I am not sure why my home page does not show all my texts since it did not mentioned that the texts had to be a certain length. After I had posted a description of my booth, it showed it was updated. But when I do look at my home page, it does show not everything I had wrote is viewable but portion of my original texts were cut off.

In my original text, I did stated a timeline for the additional bonus of the FREE LIMITED EDITION cosmetic bag offer of either CLINIQUE, ESTEE LAUDER, LANCOME or YSL with over US$150 worth of designer cosmetics and fragrances, but it appears that part of original text was cut off from appearing in my home page.

It is strange that when I had clicked "preview" before my posting, it showed all my texts in original profile. I guess I will have to tweak my profile so I can fit most important details of my booth.

In regards to putting my items into categories, I am not sure why it did not do this when I had listed my items. Each items I had put into separate category. I did not think that it would not appear into the categories I had put each item into. I would have thought each item would go to the category I had put it under my listing and it would automatically appear in right categories when being viewed by potential buyers.

About the item with word "Subtil", this is part of the item's name. The item is of a French made product. The word is not a misspelling but is part of the actual name of the product but it is French word. It means "delicate. subtle". Smile I had used the same name as it appears on the product itself.

I am not sure why it does not show that Australia and UK can purchase my items when I had set it in both British pounds and Australia dollars. Also my listing reflects this.

Thanks for the warm welcome Smile

Last edited by FREESHIPPINGBOOTH on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:59 am; edited 3 times in total
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably disappeared was because it was more of a promotion then a Hi I am new here post.
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
It probably disappeared was because it was more of a promotion then a Hi I am new here post.

Yes, I guess sometimes you got to be short and sweet like on twitter. Smile After using Twitter for the first time, I can say that I still have not yet mastered in speaking fluently in Ebonics. Smile

Awww..What a lovely cute icon you have there. Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have mistakenly deleted it when I was deleted a bunch of post from the poster freeshippingbooth
Post were deleted because they were in Promote Your Store topics that were not allowed. Also post were deleted due to them being promotional topics only
It rarely happens that post are deleted but sometimes rules aren't followed
FREESHIPPINGBOOTH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
I might have mistakenly deleted it when I was deleted a bunch of post from the poster freeshippingbooth
Post were deleted because they were in Promote Your Store topics that were not allowed. Also post were deleted due to them being promotional topics only
It rarely happens that post are deleted but sometimes rules aren't followed

I do sincerely apologize. I thought in this section "introduce yourself" you can mention more of your booth and special sales/promotions if any in it as well. I do now know that this section is just to inform others you are new seller on here.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you can mention more of your booth

Just a quick mention, that while it is in your name, we don't have 'booths' here, we have stores. We see the samething when sellers come from ebay and refer to their listings as auctions.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
About the item with word "Subtil", this is part of the item's name

Well that is good to know. I don't use makeup of any kind so would not have been familiar with that.

There isn't an actual character count for the home page text and that should probably something that should be part of the suggestion thread. I remember when I first started here, My home page text showed perfectly on my homepage on my computer screen but others said they didn't see it all, so I had to shorten it even more. I think it depends on your browser and there is a limit of some sort. So two things you have to check.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ FREESHIPPINGBOOTH .. I just spend time reviewing your store and made note of the items you've mention in previous posting on the thread. Your store is looking really nice. Your text on your home page will appear different to your customers depending on the type of screen they are using and the setting they have choosen for the size type. Most (maybe all?) browsers allow a person to change the size of view. On some browsers, you hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the + or - key to change the size of view. On FireFox 8, it's actually a drop down on the main tool bar. I can change the view from 30% to 300%. I normally keep it at 100%, but if I'm reading a long article during a coffee break, I may kick back and raise the view to 150% so it's easier to read. If the information is in a text box with a scroll bar, it doesn't matter about size but the information box on the home page. At 100% on my monitor today it looks just right.

I noticed you found your shipping zone chart now that you have added your international countries. I had two thoughts on your international shipping. You said you enabled the pricing for your UK and AU stores. Did you also make sure the box was checked beside "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies"? If it is blank, then eCrater will "auto convert" your UK and AU prices. If you want to handle the auto conversions yourself for the 3 currencies based on the Canadian dollar, you should make sure to check that box. Of course, this will mean that you will need to run the Global editor sometimes to change the price. If this doesn't make sense, Moonwishes can probably give a better explanation. I don't ship internationally, but I do know it can make a difference in how your prices appear & change in your UK and AU stores.

The second thought on shipping was if you had checked with the Canadian Post to confirm that every item in your store can be mailed to every country you selected. The USPS gives information on their website that shows what we can send via USPS International, but I realize that would be different for the Canadian Post. I think some of the countries you selected are currently involved with international trade embargoes (like Iran). I also know some countries have restrictions on what can be shipped that one might not really consider until you've shipped and you lose your inventory. Just a suggestion.

One other point, you really need to review your photos. Some are so small that you have Google ads appearing on your item pages. Also, some of your photos include items that are not included with the sale and one is of an item that is different from the actual size product you are selling. Both of these could cause you some real problems. Customers are more inclined to purchase what they see rather than read the "fine print".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, some of your photos include items that are not included with the sale and one is of an item that is different from the actual size product you are selling.

I noticed that on a page that showed a gift bag and all the goodies that came inside but the description seemed to be for only the bag. If it is only the bag, you need to take a picture of just the bag otherwise any customer is going to think they get all of the stuff and will not be happy at all.

Along with pictures, as Sheila mentioned you have some so small that a google ad is showing, the bag was one of them. You will always have an ad at the bottom of your listing. However if you have one between the photo and your description or between your description and the photos of 8 other products usually means that the photo is too small. There are a couple other reasons but the size is probably what is going on in your case. You really don't want that since your customers won't see everything in your store without scrolling or knowing that there is more to see.

I'm more than happy to try to help on the currency exchange if you want to do it yourself for your UK and AU stores. So just holler if you need help. I'm usually here daily except for the occasional day when life interferes a bit too much.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://freeshippingbooth.ecrater.com/p/20660924/laura-mercier-mocha-spice-quad-035 I still think that you asking for trouble by not having the correct picture in your listings. Someone won't read it, or not read it well and be upset. My picture is my cat, Sammy. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: