eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello EVERYONE! I'm Back Again.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjseuts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Hello EVERYONE! I'm Back Again......... Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be back within "my" ecrater community. I've been away (stroke) FOR YEARS. I am just being able to get into the swing of things and I realize that soooo much has changed with ecrater...(ie NO GOOGLE CHECKOUT???!!) but, of course all the better. My store is on hold for now (has been since stroke) and I am reading through re-acquainting myself with the rules again. I don't want to get ((clears throat)) suspended . I am happy to be back with the GURUS-- "BigTall", "MaggieTheCat" & "VenomAddiktion"<<you had the funniest avatar back then, The Slapping Babies<<remember? Well it's gonna be a long moment before I "un-hold" my store. I gotta make sure I'm truly on-point and stock full of things. Dimitar was VERY encouraging and helpful to me with re-starting my store ((sniff-sniff, cry)). Any and ALL advice will be taken and accepted WHOLE-HEARTEDLY. See Ya' Soon. JC
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

I would advise staying away from that other E place, freegin Hercules would have a stroke trying to sell there these days, you think the rules changed here man that place is off the rail.

I really hope ecrater gets all the good sellers.

List away................

Smile
jjseuts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Very Happy Thanks "BETTER WAY". I'm re-learning everything...whew!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!! There have been a number of changes, but way more that has stayed the same. YEAH! I've grown to hate change for change sake. The changes that are made here are done to help the sellers which I love about eCRATER. If you have any questions, just ask away. We're all here for you.
jjseuts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks "SheilaDeesPostcards". Very Happy
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Welcome back!! There have been a number of changes, but way more that has stayed the same. YEAH! I've grown to hate change for change sake. The changes that are made here are done to help the sellers which I love about eCRATER. If you have any questions, just ask away. We're all here for you.

ditto and DITTO !!!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. Viewfinders is also Maggie the cat. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Google Attributes may be new since you were last active but really the only changes that happen here are spiffing up the appearance and making things work better and faster.

Also we can now have mirror stores in the UK and Australia. You just turn them on or off and eCRATER does the rest.

We also have Global edit so you can bulk edit for numerous things.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. Ask for help as needed.
jjseuts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, ViewFinders...I'm leary about shipping to UK and other countries for now. Gotta learn how to "swim" again just shipping here in the US Laughing

Hi, MoonWishes...Thanks Very Happy

I've been reading the forums and stocking my store since yesterday NON-STOP Rolling Eyes and that's with just a few items...but it's gonna be great! Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. I just checked out your store. Not sure how you are going to manage shipping and handling costs when you are switching between carburetor parts and loose zircon stones. that will stretch your brain I bet. I personally would have two stores.

I did want to comment on your terms. When you mention that you take offers, you make it sound like the only payments you take are money Orders. Currently they aren't offered at your store. Later on you mention you take PP, google checkout and money orders. GCO, left us all last November so it is no longer an option, and as I said your store doesn't currently have MO as an option. Without GCO in the works, I don't think you have anyway of offering coupons that can be accepted easily here without doing actual refunds after the fact and that will through people and PP does charge 30 cents for amounts that are refunded.

Also insurance should be added into the price of the item since as always we are not allowed to charge a customer more after payment so if a customer buys something and pays immediately and then asks for insurance,there is no way you can accommodate them under ecrater rules. Much easier to add and automatically add in insurance when the item's cost is going to be more than you want to pay out of pocket.

I'm not sure what type of system you have for your postage, but through places like endicia you get free delivery confirmation and a discounted shipping price on outgoing mail including Priority. Signature confirmation is rather pricey and I'm not sure I would consider it a necessity. It is now possible with PP and ecrater to insert your DC# for each order. In all my years of selling, and I have shipped some expensive things, I have never required signature confirmation. Between delivery confirmation and insurance when needed, I have felt protected.

Just a few of my thoughts and my opinion only. Glad you are recovering well from your stroke. I used to be a rehab nurse and now what it takes to do that! I have chronic health problems and selling on line is my OT daily and reason for crawling out of bed.

Very Happy Very Happy
cupperscharms

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back and glad you are better. Best wishes for your relaunch of your business.
jjseuts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes "moonwishes"...I forgot to "twerk" (did I say that?) my terms Laughing I must get to it.

and THANKS cupperscharms!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what to twerk something means. Too many new words that don't really help a person figure out what is being said by the context.
buysewingpatterns

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! Wishing you lots of sales! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: