eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Relisting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CW3070

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Relisting Reply with quote

I am brand new to eCrater and having a heck of a time figuring out listing and formats.
I just had a message from a buyer saying she was interested in an item and it says the listing had ended.
I want to relist for her, but can't find anything. Old listing, where to relist or zilch. Help me please!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Relisting Reply with quote

CW3070 wrote:
I just had a message from a buyer saying she was interested in an item and it says the listing had ended.

Really? Where exactly did she see that?

Listings don't "end" on eCrater. This is not eBay or any other auction venue...it's a venue with stores and a marketplace.

If you have a product hidden in your store...which happens when you click "Hide this product" on the item page in the Products admin...the listing will show "On Hold" when a viewer clicks on that page.

CW3070 wrote:
I want to relist for her, but can't find anything.

Where are you looking? Is the product in your Products admin? If it is, and the box "Hide this product" is clicked, unclick it. If it isn't, then you need to compose a new product listing.

CW3070 wrote:
where to relist

Sellers don't really "relist" on eCrater, in the sense that a listing has "ended." Some sellers may "hide" a product, in part b/c they may get another one in the future...at which point they can "unhide" the product, which saves having to compose a new product page.

eCrater is a store format, with a marketplace. A product is either in your Products admin, in which case it is visible in your store and in the marketplace, or it isn't. If it isn't in your Products admin, you are the one to list the product.
CW3070

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I just remembered that when I saw your post. She had googled it and the listing came up. It had also been on "eMafia". It had been sold there.
Thanks for your input.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CW
I noticed this in one of your descriptions
"I realize shipping costs are much more than we want to pay, but keep in mind that eCRATER charges sellers 7.5% of shipping fees and I must pass that on."
that is wrong..ecrater takes none of the shipping fees
CW3070

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that in eBay listings. Obviously, I didn't get them all edited. I had nothing about eCrater taking a cut in any listing.. Do you remember which listing that was? I am having a hard time navigating on this site.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage Hand Painted Ceramic Handled Base & Jar (51410-3)
Men's Stephen Geoffrey Formal Shoe Patent Wedding ONE SHOE SIZE 16 (5143-2)
could be more?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometimes the shipping calculator is wrong. If shipping seems high, please message me for corrected quote. If you live ANYWHERE other than the 48 contiguous states, please contact me for a shipping quote. That includes, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.

This appears in many of your items on the first page of your listings. Also, your first 2 items are duplicate listings which is against eCrater terms. If you are using the USPS calculated shipping on eCRATER, the rate quoted is coming directly from the USPS and is based on the weight you listed on the item page. You must include the shipping for Alaska and Hawaii, it is a requirement that you ship to all 50 states and you must show the shipping. If you don't wish to ship to Puerto Rico, remove it from your shipping zone. If you do want to ship there, you must show the shipping rate.

Also, you state if they want combined shipping, they must wait for an invoice. That must be deleted. If you gave the correct weight, the checkout system will combine the weights and give the shipping rate. You can send an invoice through PayPal, if you use PayPal, but eCRATER is designed for the customer to select and checkout through the checkout system.

I would suggest you create categories, then go through each item to delete the incorrect information and move the item to your store categories.

You say, "I am having a hard time navigating on this site." If you give us an idea of what is confusing, we can probably help with tips to the navigation.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cw3070.ecrater.com/p/20666310/bubble-gum-pink-metal-table?keywords=pink also has that. You should go through all your listings and make categories

http://cw3070.ecrater.com/p/20666385/dept-56-pair-of-tall-red-glass has " I do combine shipping, however, by eCRATER's new seller policies, they must all be bought within 24 hours.' Not true here

This is the problem with a bulk upload. Every item needs to be looked at and corrected to fit Ecraters terms
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is the problem with a bulk upload."

so true, almost better to start fresh.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CW3070 wrote:
I had that in eBay listings. Obviously, I didn't get them all edited. I had nothing about eCrater taking a cut in any listing.. Do you remember which listing that was? I am having a hard time navigating on this site.

When you do a bulk load from eBay, any mention of eBay is translated to eCRATER. That is why the text became erroneous information.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CW3070 wrote:
I am having a hard time navigating on this site.

Then it might be a really good idea to put your entire store On Hold until you find your way around.

As has already been pointed out, you have inaccurate information in the listings...and the listings violate eCrater Terms, which are here: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

To put the store On Hold, select "On Hold" from the left Navigation menu "More Options" in the admin.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that until you have all this sorted out, your store should be on hold. I have yet to see a bulk upload come through where you don't have to put a lot of effort into fixing each and every listing one at a time. At that rate you might as well have listed them individually like most of us oldies had to do many years ago. I had to move over 5000 listings manually so it can be done Very Happy . I only mention that since I've seen some newbies talk about how hard it will be to do this because they have 'so many listings' and they barely have a hundred.

Ecrater is great to sell on, but you do have to follow the rules as they do not hesitate to suspend someone that doesn't follow the rules. There is lots of info about doing whatever you have to do here in the forum and it might be worthwhile to spend some time reading some of the older posts. Just remember that unless you sell something in the main ecrater marketplace, ecrater charges no fees and there is no rule about how soon someone must pay, but I have found that most customers either pay immediately or not at all. And no there is no blocking mechanism and you aren't out any fees.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your store and noticed another thing to be aware of. While you may know what NOS means, a casual buyer does not, or any of those abbreviations that sellers start to use to keep within character counts. With no limits to the characters in a description, there is no reason to use them and the buyer has a greater chance of understanding what you are selling.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding your descriptions. What looks like a lengthy paragraph is actually one or two lines of descriptions and the rest is terms and conditions which do not belong on the item page. eCRATER has a terms and an about page for this information.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: