eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Advertisements
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BelleAndTheYank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you are off to an impressive start with building your catalog.

Some people may find a bit of a learning curve on eCRATER as fewer things are "done" for you.

The fact that you took the time to research some issues puts you head and shoulders above others that simply run off in a wrong direction and complain about eCRATER policies. I don't agree with them all, but I accept them and don't knowingly try to "get away with something".

Myself I prefer to upload images typically in the 1200 range. I have a lot of 'dead" inventory, mostly some nice clothing that suffers from bad pictures. That is my problem and I know what to do.

One thing I noticed is in your terms you state "insurance" is an added cost, typically frowned on.

As for the 2.9% marketplace fee, it is optional. I have not heard of anyone being refused an eCRATER store because they didn't want to pay it. After a time, your will get less exposure on the marketplace page, be removed from Google Shopping, that is about it. So if you are a marketer extraordinaire then you won't miss those extras, but if you could use a sales and exposure boost, 2.9% on items someone else sells for you seems pretty reasonable compared to what Amazon charges.

We do

I hope in a year, you will be so successful here that you will be sharing your secrets with us all For now, don't get frustrated. It looks like you mastered the shipping matrix which gives some new sellers fits. I do really wish you much success.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiseowl, to spare myself some time I skipped reading some of the posts here so I may probably be repeating something, I wanted to let you know what I do. All my seiwng patterns for sale are rectangular shaped, although some in different sizes. Once we heard about the 800 minimum size, I finally had the freedom I never had before. I do not trim down my scans to be a particular size. After all the years of photos not uploading if they were too big, that seems to be long gone. Now I just load it and ecrater does the rest. I guess my thumnails might be a little chopped off, but when you look at the actual listings, especially those that are new in the last couple years (they would have three scans) none of them are distorted that I can see. So unless you are trying for incredibly perfect thumbnails for some reason, don't bother. just make good pictures, make sure that they will be big enough if not bigger and move on.

Yes ecrater is free and they use google ads as revenue and the marketplace fees to help with the costs of submitting to goggle shopping. I had never heard of google shopping before I came here and unless I'm trying to compare prices, I still don't use it. Now that google has decimated shopping you can't even depend upon it any more. At this point I probably wouldn't even bother with attributes (heresy I know) since as I just proved to myself, our listings even if rejected due to the attributes they don't show on shopping but they do on google organic.

As part of my promoting a listing, 24 hours after putting up a new listing (to give time for the photo to settle inso it isn't temporary anymore, otherwise you get the pizza box thingy) I G+, Pin, Tweet and if I'm in a good mood send a promo to Facebook for all of the listings. It is a set habit that I go into autopilot on and practically fall asleep doing it as it is boring, but I am making sales. Ecrater is not as good of place to sell as it once was, but far better than ebay, and all the other sites I assume are suffering as well from google's striving to take over our stores or whatever they think they are doing!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: