eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Category Change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otakustore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Category Change Reply with quote

I got a message from an ecrater mod (email: [removed])

Quote:
There is a Japanese animation category the owner added, just for these items. Please move them to that category or your store will be flagged and possibly banned until this is fixed. Thank you

I have over 3500 items in my store. When the jp animation cat wasnt added, I chose to put them in the animation collectibles cat. But now to go back and edit each of the 3500+ items is just crazy. Can't an admin or someone move the items to the jp animation cat for me?

Last edited by otakustore on Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3500+ items? I highly doubt there is a bulk move option for mods and the admin. Which means they would need to do the move manually as well. If you put them in an unsuitable category it is your duity to correct them. You are lucky they let you know about it ahead of time and where you need to move them. You better get buisy. Or you could do it after your store is suspended.
otakustore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I added the products, the Animation Arts Collectibles was the most suitable option. It was not unsuitable since my items are animation arts related. It's not like I'm selling books and put them in the movie category.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I am guessing that is the reason why you got the courtesy notice. If you go to suspended stores section on the forum you'll see most don't get notified before thier store gets suspended.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no bulk move available to anyone! not even mods!

However, a category mod is not suppose to be emailing any sellers.
The are suppose to move the items (if list then a dozen or so)
delete the items, or request the store be suspended until the seller corrects the issue.

BUT if you have your items in the correct root category
this shouldn't be an issue. MANY MANY categories were added after sellers list items here.
NOW, it is in your best interest to move them - because with the sub category being added that is where the shoppers will shop for such items.

I suggest you use the contact form at www.ecrater.com and explain the issue - the fact your items were there BEFORE the category exsisted etc
Just list the new ones in the new sub category.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the light of what BigTall said, otakustore are you sure it was the category mod that contacted you. Contact eCrater and try to get a clear answer in this regard. I hope it wasn't someone just commenting on things they have no business to comment on.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTM,

Now I am totally confused.

You say a category moderator is NOT supposed to contact sellers, just move their items with no explanation. And then ask for suspension if the seller continues to list in the wrong category? With the new add item at the top of the page, one might not even notice items have been moved.

eCrater suspends stores with no contact.

If you honestly believe your items are in the correct global/root category, how in heaven's name would you know why you were suspended if nobody told you?

Collectibles is a category that truly needs more subcategories. Antiques is in the same condition. Even then, there are no category definitions so what I might call an antique, someone else might call a collectible. (I refuse to call anything that's only as old as me an antique. I'm not an antique!) Books is really kind of lacking too. If appropriate (better) subcategories were available, items might end up where they should be.
otakustore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem Solved! I will contact directly with the mod now. Thanks
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

otakustore wrote:
Problem Solved! I will contact directly with the mod now. Thanks

Not the mod, eCrater. Use the contact page http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
otakustore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the mod already sent me an email in reply to my other email since she contacted me first thru email
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on "old stuff" LOL (just me) however....
To be classified "antique" it is SUPPOSED to be 100 or more yrs old.
Collectable is less than 100. Most have just gotten into the habit of calling any piece of old junk "antique" LOL I had one person want me to sell his "antique" 6 pack of Billy beer! Rolling Eyes

Now... about the catagory.... like BTM said... little by little I would change categories just to b better in the searches BUT...do contact ecrater to tell them what is going on. Find out from the "Top" what you can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: