eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I think I will let go of my store on eCrater...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
opened my eyes to the new realities of the Internet for sellers.

the realities are very new! If you pick up a book written 5 years on how to sell on line, you might as well burn it, unless it has good acdive on writing out title and descripetions and taking photos, etc. But if it is all about SEO, and how to get on the front page a Google search, forget it. Most of the info is no longer pertinent for the most part. But that doesn't mean things won't sell, just that you have to do things differently.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have five stores on eCRATER and I got no invoice this month so I guess none of my few sales were marketplace. I haven't been having many sales here for close to a year but most of those were marketplace sales. This month they seem to have come from other search engines (not Google).

Since Google is making all its money from ads and pay to play, I wonder just how long people will keep feeding the kitty before they wake up to the fact that they "ain't gettin nuttin fur da money."
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I had market place orders last month, but if this keeps on, ecrater won't be getting anything from me next month. If everyone's marketplace sales and adsense money (for those that have it) is down, then it has to be for the team as well and that will make for a sad Christmas.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35222

Interesting comments from the OP. Rolling Eyes

We know sales and traffic are down. But we can make the difference with some little steps. The days of sit back and wait for a sale are gone.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what I have done, other than list, it still feels like I am still sitting back and wait for a sale.

But then, I have sold some things here that would NEVER have a chance of selling without the internet

it's all good
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so thankful for the ability to sell on line. My step-father had the same chronic disease I had and the same severity. I watched him deparately try to find ways to make money to help out that meager SS check--but nothing worked. I watched him shrivel up to a bored, tired man in a lot of pain with nothing to take his mind off of it all. I at least have a reason to get up every morning. I feel like I am contributing vastly to the family income. I am never bored. I'm still tired and in pain, but there is at least things I can do to keep my mind occupied thinking of other things and so I don't feel as bad. Works like bio-feedback.

It would take a lot for me to give up my selling activities.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Moonwishes, if your health issue is related to inflammation you might want to try curcumin.

I have been taking it for two months and I do feel a difference. I feel limber and pain free. It could be a coincidence but other people talk very positively about the effect of curcumin for inflammation.

Last edited by artinsilk on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my busiest store off ecrater about 18 months ago. My sales have skyrocketed. I had to hire employees. In the past 12 months I've had close to a million pageviews... half a million last December alone (my business is seasonal). I did not get that with ecrater, mostly because I was unable to manage my SEO.

I found I can just do so much more having my own webstore. Better marketing, better looking, unlimited customization. Ecrater was a nice place to learn after leaving ebay (I used it for that store from 2009-2013) but it is very limited so I'm glad I moved on.

Don't let people scare you away from moving on to something that suits your needs just because they are too afraid to do it themselves.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt, thanks for your comments. You are great example of a successful seller. You reached that point because I'm sure you picked up and implemented some comments and suggestions.

Quote:
Don't let people scare you away from moving on to something that suits your needs just because they are too afraid to do it themselves.

Nobody is trying to scare others. The problem is people calling for help, but they don't care about suggestions. They are just waiting for a miracle button that make sales rain.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes, I don't see anyone trying to scare others into doing or not doing something and most especially because we are too afraid to do it ourselves! What works for one seller doesn't work for another seller depending on inventory. And as Elperles says, many refuse to take any advice period.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
thecheapskirt, thanks for your comments. You are great example of a successful seller. You reached that point because I'm sure you picked up and implemented some comments and suggestions.

Had I taken the advice I was given here I would never have accomplished what I have. Everyone here was very negative, told me I would never possibly survive having my own website, would get zero traffic, and they told me I would never ever sell any sweaters with the word "ugly" in them.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add over a year later I see the same old faces complaining the same old tired story about how they are getting no sales. Those were the same people who told me I would be a failure. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen way too many 'sellers' refuse to promote their goods because they never had to before so why should they now. Apparently they got good sales without promoting years ago and as the ecrater/google connection (or whatever it was) has fallen apart and google makes rules to control sellers that they have no business doing, a seller has to do things differently and hopefully better. "But they never did it that way before" - so they don't and then wonder why nothing sells.

I work hard, I keep all sorts of sales records so I can see what and where things sell best, etc. and promote in an habitual way so I don't forget all the things I want to do so that I make sales. We depend highly on the money we make selling on line. Perhaps some just wanted to sell on line to say they were, but it is those that really need the money and are floundering that are really in need of help. Sad to see them refuse to do even the simplest things like running their listing through a spell check.

Kudos to you for your good success with the ugly sweaters. Are you expecting as good of sales this Christmastime as well? I wanted my own website, but the thought of moving all listings to yet another place and the cost of a site that would allow the thousands of listings I need to have was prohibitive, so I had to find other ways to make a profit. This year I discovered a new source of inventory that flies out the door on Amazon. Just got another box in on Friday and got half of it listed and have already sold enough to recoup 1/3 of my cost--in 4 DAYS! That has never happened before. Sometimes you just have to take a chance! Very Happy
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Had I taken the advice I was given here I would never have accomplished what I have.

Do you read? I said "some" not all. Good luck with your business. Rolling Eyes
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
I should add over a year later I see the same old faces complaining the same old tired story about how they are getting no sales. Those were the same people who told me I would be a failure. Rolling Eyes

I like to complain.

It's more like waiting for when why sales are not coming, like when things will kick in, more than thinking of having your own website.

After all we ARE on the internet and I see no reason to not be found.

But you can't say anything about complaining until you tell us how much time and money you had to have by making a website.

Send me some money for the next 5 years to start a website and I will pay you back later. Razz

Plus you have to consider what is for sale, you yourself said it's more seasonal for your items. I want to sell a variety but then places like ebay undercut the going rate so bad that a website would be a loss.

There is a lot to be said about how much ecrater doesn't cost to be at least have things listed. I can't do it on ebay since it's only 50 free listings and that constant re-listing.
So I would have to sign up for a store trying to sell hings only to pay for the store. Same for other websites, listing fees and so on.

Having a website is also much more risk if people don't buy, but also having to pay for everything.

There is no way I would open a website unless I bought product, or aimed at a certain item category. So now open 10 websites to fill in all the things and buy all the products, it would fail unless of course I was already a rich person to begin with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: