eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

PSA: USPS closed on Tuesday November 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: PSA: USPS closed on Tuesday November 11 Reply with quote

for Veteran's Day
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update and to those who serve/served.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reminder.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Cosmic Ray for the update. I was going to go check at the usps site and now I don't have to.

Traffic jammers, I appreciate the call out to vets. It always aggravates most vets how this great nation has bastardized this day. Of all the patriotic days, this is the only one that is devoted to vets.

A Little Tidbit - The day was actually started after the Civil War, not the World Wars. At least, that is how I understand it. It really disturbs me when a place of business makes their people work on this date or sandwiches it with Thanksgiving. I know it is simply a fiscal decision, but it truly is in poor taste.

Another Little Tidbit - Ironically, November 11 (the date) has just coincidentally had a lot of significant milestones in military history. Many wars and battles have started and ended on this date.

I apologize for the length of this. I am a bit too chatty in the mornings.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I appreciate the call out to vets

I had a slew of uncles in the armed forces especially during WWII. I didn't know until his funeral, but my one uncle was a hero (more than all the men and women that served). But I never heard any war stories from any of them. After 911 I had a brother or a nephew or a cousins son doing tours of duty and at least one of them was gone for the better part of 10 years. Unless you asked him specifically, my brother didn't talk much about what he did, but in the reserves he got to the rank of Sargent even though when he was much younger he had gone AWOL during boot camp and eventually was asked to leave or it was a mutual decision. Years later once he grew up a bit he became a fine soldier, which shows just because you foul up doesn't mean that is what defines your life.

Whoops I get chatty in the morning too. All that meant to say was that even though in many ways we are a military family, we would not be perceived that way. I have had the opportunity to read and review many books about WWI & II in the last few years, and I can hardly believe what those guys went through. It is a wonder that they all didn't come home completely nuts. God bless them all.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane, at least in some areas of USA and some people still respect the men/women who serve/served. Here in Puerto Rico wearing a military uniform is like Halloween costume for many people. It is just another common job in the career list.

Quote:
But I never heard any war stories from any of them.

As far I can tell. Many of the veterans never tell you something unless you are a brother in arms (other soldier) or you are curious and asking about military history/tales.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad never once told us anything about his time in the Navy. Other then once, while on a survival training exercise, he had to eat a seagull and it tasted bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: