eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just setting up my store here, want to say HI!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmkgorgeousgifts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Just setting up my store here, want to say HI! Reply with quote

I just started working on getting my store set up here, hoping that it's coming together ok?? I think I have the basics set and am waiting for my items to import from Ebay. Anyone know how long that may take? Then once the items come over, do I need to go through and put them in the correct categories? Any helpful hints and tips would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to meeting new people here. Have a nice day. Christine
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..every listing will need to be look at. Here is an example of how it will look. http://thebuttonhutt.ecrater.com/p/12158561/nlh-tampa-bay-lightning-pinback-2-1-4 ..they just need to be cleaned up I hope you have many sales
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Gorgeous.

I hope you like it here.

I went to your shop...looks like you have been working quite hard on it. So far so good. The bags are "gorgeous".

Like others have told you, once you move the ebay products over, you will have to revise them a bit. Be sure to get all the "auction" wording out, etc. really minor stuff...but it may take a bit of time - depending on the number of products.

I am glad to see you here. I wish you well...

If you need any help (altho I am still quite green myself), be sure to check the forums. Please, do not be afraid to use the forums freely.

Once again - Welcome Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be sure with these name brand, high value items that you have proof of where you bought them, proof that they are the real thing and not a pirated copy, etc. and in some instances depending on the item proof that you are allowed to be a reseller of the items. Ecrater is very careful about this sort of thing. but especially if you have multiple copies of something you will have to be careful. Not saying this to scare you, but just so you know that you have to have your ducks in a row with goods that tend to be pirated.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
cmkgorgeousgifts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

I appreciate the input so far and am anxious to learn more here. Just want to mention though that as far as my inventory and the authenticity goes - I would never, ever, ever in a million years sell something that I did not know for absolute 100% positivity that it was authentic. I've been selling on several other sites for many years and have established an excellent feedback and reputation because I am so careful. I only purchase my items at authorized brand stores and department stores. Every item is brand new with tags attached and in most instances comes with a gift receipt from the store purchased at. I appreciate your input but would never risk my seller reputation anywhere by trying to sell something that was not authentic. Thank you!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMK, I don't want to cast aspersions but every counterfeiter in the business makes the same claims. That is why eCRATER insists on proof of authenticity. As it is I see something missing in your photos that would cast doubt in my mind as to your items authenticity. I stopped following Coach a long time ago so I might be wrong.
cmkgorgeousgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: authenticity Reply with quote

Again, I appreciate any helpful hints and suggestions as I begin my new venture here on ECrater. But to reiterate, I have been selling on many online platforms for many years and have been very successful in doing so. Thanks only to the 100 % authentic, top quality designer brand items I sell at competitive prices with guaranteed customer satisfaction. I go to great lengths to insure the authenticity of every item I sell. I do not now, nor have I ever sold anything, anywhere that is not 100% authentic. I also have to add that I'm glad you included the fact that you have not followed Coach for a long time to your opinion that you have doubt regarding the authenticity of my items because that is a pretty bold statement to make when you don't know. Also, I'm trying not to take offense to your opinion and accusation of being a counterfeiter since you obviously don't know, hence my response here. And to reiterate, I only purchase my items from the actual designer brand stores and department stores (not off of any street corners) and am able to provide proof of purchase and authorization to sell such items as I have done on the other sites I sell on. So again, thank you for your input and helpful hints and I wish you only the best in your selling ventures!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, once the items are imported I've heard they all go into a central ebay imports category. You have to go through each item, one at a time, place them into the correct categories for your store & make sure to remove any info. in your descriptions that talk about ebay auctions, bidding, etc. because buyers do not bid here & seeing terms about ebay or what to do if you win the auction will confuse your buyers here.

As for marketplace (aka Global) categories, I'm not sure if you have to change those too. I don't know if ebay imports are placed into global categories by ecrater based on item titles or if those items just sort of hang out in purgatory until you assign them a global category.???
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have no idea how the ebay up/download works as I manually moved all my items onto ecrater itself. I have seen some listings after people have had them come through ebay. They have so many things that they have to fix, it would seem to me much easier to do them manually since every listing needs fixed. We even have longer titles here (100 characters) and last I knew ebay had a lot less, so you can even change your title.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: