eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Link on Pinterest description??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ecoartisan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Link on Pinterest description?? Reply with quote

Hi - I pin a lot on Pinterest, I'm kinda addicted - LOL!! Am I able to and is it a good idea to just paste a link to my store in the description box when I pin a picture to a board? I've got a couple thousand pins, and it just occurred to me that I could put those pins to better use.........
...........on second thought, it might not be good etiquette, and just plain boorish to link totally unrelated material to my website?

I've seen other shell artists just add their name on pics..........but what good does that do if there's no link to click?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pin something from your store it has an automatic link to your store. If you mean can you put your url onto a pin from someone else, the answer is a big NO and it is more than boorish and bad etiquette. I wouldn't be surprised that someone doing that might not get thrown off of Pinterest. All pins should lead back to their original site.

I know I wouldn't have any desire to follow someone that has their url pinned to everyone elses' pins. Many on line sellers are using pins to help bring them business so why should you try to tag along onto their products no matter what they are?
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...........on second thought, it might not be good etiquette, and just plain boorish to link totally unrelated material to my website?

Never use other users photos to add your link of your items or store. Use only the photos of your items. Mad

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised that someone doing that might not get thrown off of Pinterest.

Me too. Wink
Ecoartisan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Never use other users photos to add your link of your items or store. Use only the photos of your items.

Ok, that makes sense now that I think about it. However, it leads me to wondering: I put a couple of my items up on Pinterest, and only got 1 hit to ecrater (so analytics tells me). So, I'm curious - do people get hits from pinning others pics? I mean since my name appears under my pins, people can click on my name and follow the link in my profile to ecrater. Is that even worth it, or do you guys get no hits from that method I'm thinking about. Did that make sense? Lol! I mean, since I have 2,000 or so pins, that's 2000 links, right? 2000 possibilities of people clicking through to ecrater, right?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can get hits to your store from pinterest and it is one of the forms you might see as sending you an order. I've had numerous orders via Pinterest. I see my pins from my store or blog being repinned and I also see others pins that I had liked being repinned. Someone may repin one of your items, and then someone else might actually see it on their boards click on it and they are at your listing which is the beautiful things about Pinterest. I love Pinterest and would be using it even if I couldn't pin my stores items as it meets a need I have had for a long time of a logical way of sorting and storing all the neat craft ideas that I see on line. Since I enjoy needlecrafts, embroidery, sewing, my sewing patterns for sale just plump out all the crafty things I have pinned and my followers love to see.

I think that one of the big secrets of Pinterest is to use it to pin things that interest you and might interest others, and if what you sell is the the same sort of thing that you like and have pin on your Pinterest board, they just help round out what you have pinned which will increase other's interest in your boards. If all a person does is pin their own things for sale, I think it would be a boring site and would be a big turn off not to have related things.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity what is your Pinterest site name? There seems to be quite a few ecoartisans out there.
Ecoartisan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Pinterest name is Maisie Christiansen - http://www.pinterest.com/maisie587218015/

Yeah Pinterest is a lot of fun - but I got to thinking that you know what, that's actually a lot of work, pinning/linking. If I remember correctly, people used to get paid something like at least a penny (if it was not more) per link with some internet companies (I forget which ones). Or, they got paid when other people clicked on their links. So, if someone's doing that all day or a good few hours per day, that would be a revenue source for them. Those companies I think were some kind of affiliate programs, and on top of that, if people signed up for subscriptions or whatever, the linkers (or would they be called SEO people) would get paid a hefty sum per signup.
It makes me wonder, if Pinterest gets a bit of money whenever they refer a buyer to like Etsy or Ecrater? So, are all us pinners are out there working for free?? Apparently they (Pinterest) make no money, but if they have 20 employees, they have to make money somehow to pay their staff??
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinterest at this point doesn't get money from clicks. I do remember the old earn a penny per click thing. That is not Pinterest. They are working on ways to finace the site, but currently I believe that they are still using investor's money and hope to eventually have ways of making money in the future.

Since Pinterest isn't refering pins to one company or another, clicking isn't going to get them money like you mentioned. You can pin items from people's blogs and websites, upload your own pictures, and the links come and go from everywhere.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: