eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why are my USA customers being charged??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Why are my USA customers being charged?? Reply with quote

Every listing above $5, I have checked the Free shipping in the USA box but yet my last 3 guests have been charged shipping through stripe. Is it an eCrater thing or Stripe issue?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have USPS Calculated turned on in Options ?

If so, that overrides all other shipping choices.
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

USPS calculated has been selected since day one of my store opening years ago and still is. I went through all my listings that I have selected free shipping in the USA and they are all still checked.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you went through and checked, but for this item Omega Supreme Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Transformers Action Figure you have calculated shipping which gave me this result for where I live in the US:

Quote:
Quote:
USPS Express Mail (1-2 days) : $36.65
USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) : $10.80

The listing at the shipping portion of the listing says you use US calculated. So you must have something wrong. I haven't had time to look at more than one item. Seeing the prices on those guys, I hope not only do you have the S&H into your price, but also some very good insurance.
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have my product insured over certain prices I'm a 7 year online retail veteran. All I know is that free shipping to the United States has been checked every time I want an item to ship free and when I go back to each product on my administrative end, the check mark is in the fixed shipping boxes at 0 for Mainland, Alaska, and Hawaii. Is there any tech support here?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure there is tech support! It is called the ecrater team. A lovely couple of folks that actually read your correspondence and respond to it, not just sending out canned responses to what they think might be the problem if they had only read what you wrote!

Go to the main ecrater page ecrater.com and click on the contact button. Since seriously they are only a few people, you might not get back an instant answer as they have to eat and sleep sometimes, but they will get back to you and in a timely manner.

I do note that Cosmicray mentioned that if you use US calculated at all it does override all other forms of shipping.

Only checking about the insurance since some sellers have no clue that insurance is to protect their wallet, not the buyers Very Happy
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help.
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! It was the calculated shipping option. I wonder how it will affect my international buyers.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhoenixTreasureEmporium wrote:
Thanks guys! It was the calculated shipping option. I wonder how it will affect my international buyers.

I think you need to step back and consider the issue carefully.

If you do not have USPS Calculated enabled, then Free Shipping and the Matrix will decide your shipping costs.

If you do have USPS Calculated enabled, then you have to ask more questions ...

If you have any domestic shipping method inserted in the USPS list, then USPS Calculated takes precedence for domestic shipping calculations.

If you have any international shipping method inserted in the USPS list, then USPS Calculated takes precedence for international shipping calculations.

If either of the last two questions are 'no', then it falls back to Free Shipping and the Matrix, as applicable.
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my best option is just to have it on usps calculated and forget free USA shipping. The matrix is not a good tool for me. The lack of true flexibility with shipping is a bummer but...oh well
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other possibility would be to enter the weight as 0.00 which would generate $0.00 shipping. You could then add a note in the description that the shipping is free (or included) because it will show the shipping as $0.00 instead of saying Free.

The only problem that I can think of would be if the item is combined with another item there would be no weight added for the "Free" shipping item so the shipping charged might not be correct.
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean. I'll figure something out. I'm not a big fan of the matrix...lol. Thanks.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the matrix...lol

Either the Matrix works marvelously for some of us, not at all for others, or like not well for others as they have to use it for how they work, but it isn't really the best otption. I do hope if they ever do a change with the postage system that they don't change the matrix for those of us that use it, just add on a program for those that the matrix doesn't work.

Glad you figured it out!
PhoenixTreasureEmporium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice! I'll take my chances with the dreaded matrix. I just don't feel right charging shipping to the USA and Territories being that it has always been one of my main staples in all my years of online retailing.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhoenixTreasureEmporium wrote:
Thanks for the advice! I'll take my chances with the dreaded matrix. I just don't feel right charging shipping to the USA and Territories being that it has always been one of my main staples in all my years of online retailing.

Your original statement, at the top, has me slightly confused. Do you want to charge for shipping to any US customers ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: