eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi All.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Hi All. Reply with quote

Hi,

My name is Harvey. I set up my ecrater shop a few weeks ago, but I waited until I got a number of items added so that I could get some feedback as to what you folks think of it. I would appreciate any and all comments, positive or negative. All of my items are hand made by myself. Thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Harvey -

I love when I see "creative" people on eCrater. It is only when you have a diverse community of vendors that you will have a diverse community of buyers. The more the merrier.

I do not normally give criticism...but you requested it, so here goes.
1. The pictures are good - actually VERY good...and you have very complimentary backgrounds... But I would put up more pictures. Another words - with your earrings - give a real real close up of the wire. I wouldn't go back and take more pics of the items you have already done...but, in the future....for your next items....go for it.
2. Define the materials. Most of your jewelry is going to becoming in direct contact with people's bodies. Different people react to different metals.
3. I know you haven't gotten to it yet...but please do a little "about" and "faq" page. It will make a world of difference. Just do a quickie one for now, you can update it in a month or so when you have gotten a bit organized.
4. Lastly, and probably more important than anything I have ssuggested - be sure to do your meta key words. This is of paramount importance.

Well, I am glad to see you here. I wish you well.

Good Luck!
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your insightful comments. I agree with every one of them, and will be more detailed with both my pictures and product descriptions in the future.
I will also get to the FAQ and about pages within the next week and will work on those meta key words shortly.
Again, thanks for the feedback.
By the way, I don't consider your comments to be "criticism". Criticism is when you talk about what is wrong, and do not offer suggestions to correct them.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all I can see is you have to do the text pages, "Terms" and "about".

The other, I see you are doing better pictures as you go, or bigger, but you might want to pick a more nicer looking background, some cloth or something.

Otherwise looking good too me.

glad you got a store going here !
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I will be working on those other pages within the week. I've made a lightbox for the pictures and am still experimenting
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one other issue but I don't know the correct size.

but having a short first picture will let ads in above your description, Read in the forums someplace, but if the picture is not tall enough might make that happen, or too small of pictures.

I just crank my camera to the max but the max upload size I think is 10 meg picture. I upload for the biggest jpegs about 2500 by 2500 to 3600 by 3600 pixels or about 2 to 6 meg jpegs max. Then ecrater recompresses them or resizes them.

I have a cheapy 10 megapixel camera.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I do have some criticisms of your listings.
1. Your titles are too brief and not very indicative of anything. Remember that search engines search words and they don't know ESP. You are allowed 100 characters in your title line and you should use them. Info that should be included would be, if they are for pierced ears, have ear wires, post and butterfly, color, primary material, are they drop, chandelier, button, etc. And don't forget to put handmade in all your titles.

2. Again your descriptions are too brief. You repeat the information in the titles but in sentence form. Talk up your jewelry so people will want to buy it.

3. I noticed one listing offering people a choice of color. There are no drop down menus on eCRATER so you should ideally make a listing with specific picture for each color or other variation.

Handmade jewelry abounds on the internet. You want to make your titles, descriptions and pictures stand out. Good luck.
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback. I will work on revising my titles so that they are more descriptive and meaningful for searches. I do appreciate constructive criticism.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure you need to say if something is hypoallergenic or not. If I put earrings in that aren't, my ears are itching within hours and I can't tolerate wearing them. Yes increase your descriptions.

One spot you called the earrings 'lovely'. That is great that you think your items are lovely, but when selling them, my personal opinion is, let the buyer decide if something is lovely, glamourous, exquisite, sexy (boy I hate that word!), etc. You can however add how something can catch the light and glitter so that it attracts attention to the womans lovely face and ears, that sort of thing. Let the customer imagine wearing them and what others seeing her might see when they see them on her. Like I said this is only my opinion and I don't have an MBA Very Happy
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely you don't need an MBA to have an opinion. And in this case, your opinion is "right on". I have to spend more time with my descriptions.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone told you your photos were very good earlier but, they are too dark. You did a good job showing the colors and details of your items but the backgrounds are gray on the photos you took of items that were laying on a white surface, which makes the items look like they're under a shadow. Not trying to be rude so don't take that the wrong way, just trying to help. Try to brighten them up a bit, the lighting surrounding you is key when taking a photo.

Photography is an art form & it can take some people years of practice to master lighting techniques. Take a look at my jewelry category. See how bright & clear they are? Try messing around with your cameras white balance settings too, unless you are using a cell phone camera because those don't usually have WB settings. http://themysteriousrose.ecrater.com/c/1574209/the-jewelry-corner
VandHCreations

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you are saying. Your pictures look very professional.

I am working with a cardboard light box that I made and I do not have the proper lighting for it yet. I am working on it and would hope to get better pictures in the future, at which point I will replace the current ones. Thanks for your comments and showing me what really good pictures look like,
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. You'll eventually find that one lighting trick that makes all the difference in the world. It took me 3 and a half years to get it right & I even took photography courses at the local University. Sad I spent hours retaking photos to the point it drove me batty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: