eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello, all!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicSassOnline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Hello, all! Reply with quote

Hello, everyone!

I'm new to eCrater and was wondering if there was a way to customize your store's appearance to look less basic? Mine, in particular, doesn't feel too professional and the options are just...blah! Lol

Any suggestions?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only selections are, see templates.

Blah is good, since we all have the same-ish look. The newer templates are the ones with the text on the side.

Plus you can't use fancy text in descriptions, like those huge obnoxious colored fonts like ebay.
ChicSassOnline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
The only selections are, see templates.

Blah is good, since we all have the same-ish look. The newer templates are the ones with the text on the side.

Plus you can't use fancy text in descriptions, like those huge obnoxious colored fonts like ebay.

Thank you!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now you are using the older format...you could make a nice little logo to go on your home page that includes your store name so people know where they are. My store is the new style..you have some choices with colors in them. Just go to "color templates" and try a few and see if there is one you like.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a logo would help you a lot.

I noticed something about 2 of your titles. One is the mirrored cabinet. Mirrored furniture is hot now and your title doesn't mention that it is mirrored losing you traffic.

Same with your Serta sofa title that doesn't mention that it is bonded leather.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UH, are you serious about FREE shipping in the USA including Alaska and Hawaii? Of furniture??? Into Canada as well?!!!

In your terms you state "Please note that local charges may occur." When a person purchases something from you on ecrater, they are not liable for more charges other than what you originally charged. The only exception is customs duty that is charged by various foreign countries. For US orders, ALL charges should be as seen on the listing/original invoice. You can't add extra shipping costs or whatever.

As to different templates, I still use the old one in my regular store as I don't like the newer one. It seems to begin words, etc. right at the very left f my screen with no spaces and goes to the far right to the edge on the other side. I get the sensation that I'm not seeing everything.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't offer any comments or suggestions for your store because the internet won't let me view it. Your storefront page freezes while loading on my ipad & my laptop. Not sure why, every other site loads just fine.

As for text, I can't stand those huge multi-colored fonts on ebay. It just screams LOOK AT ME & ONLY ME! Like those sellers are competing for attention & not competing because they are offering a better product.

As for templates, I tried the new ones because they have a more modern look but I don't like that the featured categories are at the bottom of the page & 10 random items are at the top. I've tried to choose the 10 items I want to appear in those spots by selecting "show as featured on home page" & it doesn't work like that on the new templates, it only shows random products which can't be chosen by the seller. Ecrater said we could still choose them but I've tried, it doesn't work. I switched back to the old templates because I like being able to display a home page image which you don't have on the new templates & I drew a cute new purple rose I just had to show off.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chicsass is a drop shipper. Unless she owns a department store she doesn't stock all this stuff and probably doesn't know what shipping is for the furniture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: