eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello from Elsie's Custom Creations :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Hello from Elsie's Custom Creations :) Reply with quote

Hello there!

I've only just discovered the forum here when I went in search of when invoices are generated for market place sales.

I'm a relatively new transplant from Storenvy. I was dissatisfied with the changes and restrictions that were placed on store owners there after having been with them for a fairly long time. So I decided to do my research and pull my shop and move to another platform. So, here I am. Smile

I'm much happier with Ecrater and I hope my customers will start to merge over here as I can sell more than just patterns like Craftsy only allows with my shop there.

I'm a cross stitch, knitting, crochet and multiple yarn arts in one designer. I enjoy working from home and allowing my creativity flow into my work. I look forward to seeing more of you here as well.

A big hello and wave to you all out there from Ohio, USA.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Log Cabin quilts have always been my favorite to make and I love your 8 point Star pattern. Are these all your own designs?
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Elsie -

I love your stitch markers. What a fabulous idea and a VERY creative shop. You are very talented.

I wish you much success on eCrater. Thanx for coming here.

On a personal note - because I prefer to shop where I sell, I am glad you are here.

I just "shortcutted" you to my desktop.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, we were all just talking about the storenvy changes yesterday. Bummer...
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Yes all the patterns and cross stitch charts I sell are my own designs or created from photography I have been given permission to chart from.

The quilts and fractal flame charts are my own designs created stitch by stitch or from my own fractal flame artwork I create and then chart.

lol Thanks for the encouragement and short cutting Wink

(trying to respond to everyone so I don't fill up the thread with comments)

I work from home so there are many a days that I work 8-10 hours or more a day on designing and then knitting or crocheting samples for the patterns I design.

The stitch markers were a flop as it were. No one bought any and I've had those for sale for gosh about 2 years now lol But thank you, it makes me smile to know that someone at least appreciates them!

I don't plan on going anywhere else so I'll be on Ecrater for the duration, at least unless they pull something like Storenvy did. I did not appreciate the way I felt the store owners were lied to about how the new rollout was going to go and then the subsequent fallout.

I've also actually only just in the last week made it out of the red on costs and start up fees/costs so I'm now in the green too!

I wish you all many happy days of success as well!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, this news hasn't been released publicly yet because a final decision has not been made but one of the owners of storenvy was telling me they are also thinking of enacting a monthly fee in addition to the selling fees for those of us who have 500 or more items, it will be around $11.95 a month.
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol It never ends with them it seems. I removed all listings off of there when I moved to Ecrater so I no longer have a valid shop. I want nothing to do with them now.

Right now I'm working on Spring and Summer stuff. I'm designing lace patterns for a top, over skirt, scarf, shawl/cowl (all coordinating) and then the next big one is a traditional Shetland lace shawl (Scottish lace basically). Hubby is Scottish so I wanted to learn his homeland's lace style. So this year is going to be a lace knitting year for my designing it seems lol
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Elsie. I sell what I do so I can keep a toe in the water of my hobby which I don't have the energy for much of the time. If you don't have one yet, you for sure need a Pinterest site!
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I do have a Pinterest account but I only use it to make sure none of my patterns are being posted illegally. I actually really dislike Pinterest lol. I think I'm one of the few who feel that way unfortunately. :/

As far as what I make when it comes to samples for my knitting and crochet patterns. Most of what I end up making for the samples either hubby or I wear so I try to make sure all of my patterns are kept within the styles of the time etc. Either that or timeless styles that always seem to be in season.

I don't pay to advertise and use word of mouth advertising and it seems to be working so far, at least well enough. I have finally moved over the 400 likes hump this past year or so and am at about 850 likes on my FB business page. I wear my designs out a lot too for self advertising and I get a lot of compliments generally on them so it does work lol.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Pinterest, when I pin something from here or Etsy my views triple.
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just avoid it like the plague. Myself and a number of friends who also design cross stitch have run across far too many charts and patterns that have been illegally shared via pinterest is all. It's a hotbed for copy right fraud etc. Most of the designers of cross stitch that I am friendly with will say the same thing. It's just my personal preference among the sea of fish Smile
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhoo, it's nice to meet everyone and it's nice to be welcomed in such a friendly manner. Something I'm not really used to lol. I hope to see everyone about more often Smile
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry we won't envy your stones. Wink

Just stick with it and give it a couple of years here. It is just so much freedom it's worth the trouble building a store. I can never figure out how the heck people find me here. but I have sold some pretty odd things that got found, and it's rewarding.

Thanks for adding to the site, we need good sellers, I think most people just give up, so that basically leaves the good sellers that stay. Very Happy

rock on !!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just avoid it like the plague

The problem is you can't avoid Pinterest. With your own website you can somehow stop people from pinning, but anyone that wants to pin something of yours can from here. I find it sad that people will copy your work though as if they don't have enough imagination to produce something of their own. I love Pinterest and all the great ideas I find there. I'm slowly working on a heexagon quilt, by hand no less!, and I found a hexie block that I absolutely love for my inspiration that I not only posted to Pinterest board but made into my desktop picture so I'm always reminded of what I'm trying to do.

I know it is different with CCS, but what gauls me is someone that says someone copied their idea when all the other person did was make a log cabin quilt that look a lot like the other person's. Thousands of them have been made and how can any one person ever claim the right to say that that particular design is their idea, I'm not talking about the very interesting complex log cabin quitls, but the run of the mill ones? Or the chick that started sueing people because they where cutting down shirts to make girls dresses and she insisted it was her idea, when it reality people have been cutting down big people's clothes for little people's clothes for 100's of years now! Many ideas came out of brochures produced during WWII as well, yet one person thinks she has the cornered the market Rolling Eyes

Anyhow I love Pinterest and collect ideas there all the time and I will need to live to be 500+ years old to complete all the projects I have in mind. Very Happy
ElsiesCustomCreations

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Too true. Yes I realize I can't avoid Pinterest. I just don't want to use it unless I use my account to check for my own work that's been copied is all. Smile

And thank you for the encouragement!

I've been selling in various stores and platforms going on my 4th year now and I enjoy what I do. I wouldn't spend 8-10 hours a day working if I didn't lol Some days I've been known to work up to 16 off and on throughout the day. My poor hubs tends to get a little ignored when I get my busy days like that lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: