eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

new store layout help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadgetsforless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: new store layout help please Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I started a small store on ecrater last year and have been slowly adding products to it. Please take a look at my store and let me know how to make it better. I have seen other stores that have what I think is better layout with about us and categories with a drop-down on the side; not sure how that is done. Do I need to write my own html ? My store is: http://gadgetsforless.ecrater.com/
Any help or criticism would be very much appreciated! Thanks! Bob
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drop downs you mentioned are part of the new store layout. You are still using the old store layout.

Go to your seller dashboard, and select "Color Templates". The new store layouts are the templates at the top, the old ones are closer to the bottom.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The few things I looked at look good, don't forget to fill in your FAQ's. The other layout can be found on the right side of the page under "color template", the ones near the top are the new ones, the bottom is the old layout, which you are using.

Your store name is Gadgets For Less, on you page you have it as GVE Deals. People looking for GVE deals will have a hard time finding your store.

Anytime you have a choice of colors, have a listing for each color, then people can buy and pay and you have a sale. Having to communicate back and forth puts people off.

Good luck and I hope you have many sales
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your feedback is almost negative 100%. There's a difference in 97% and
-97%. I would work on those issues first before altering your layout. The GVE and Gadgets for Less thing might confuse some buyers but you also have a photo of 2 little boys on your store front, that doesn't tell buyers anything about what you sell. I know people like to show off their kids but this is a business, your store image should be of something you sell or maybe a business motto you follow.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the feedback that you need to be sure that isn't happening. - out of stock items or slow shipping whatever the problem.

Quote:
I also accept U.S.P.S. Money Orders, and Cashier Checks for those within the Contiguous 48 States only.

Are you aware that on ecrater to have to sell and ship to ALL 50 states? I'm not sure why you wouldn't take USPS MO and CC from Alaska and Hawaii if that is what you mean or if you don't ship there, that is against the rules.

As you asked for our opinion, do you really think that someone shopping for a wedding dress is going to feel comfortable buying it from a store named Gadgets for Less? I also noticed that when I brought up the listing I only saw one line of text and then further down was a spot to click for further info (which all listings have generally), but since there doesn't seem to be any more info after the first line, I wonder how may would just go on thinking that is all you had written. The other problem is all that open space the search engines more or less see that as null characters so they don't have anymore info to go on either. You need to start the rest of your description immediately, with only one line of space if needed. Then a potential buyer would see that they need to click to see the rest of it and the search engines would also be seeing more info.

I think someone mentioned colors that each item needs their own listing and even more so for things like the wedding dress and other clothes, you need to have separate listing for each size and specify in the listing what to do if they need a custom size.

Are all your items being dropped ship from China? I saw one that you mentioned the timing for shipping since it would come from China, but I'm not seeing that on your other clothing items. If they are all coming from China and will take longer to show up the buyer needs to know that. I would also suggest that you are sure about the authenticity of your items especially those coming from China as they tend to pirate many goods and that is against the rules here as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: