eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

sisterchristian01 is back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sisterchristian01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: sisterchristian01 is back Reply with quote

Hello everyone! sisterchristian01 is back selling scrub skirts and tops for the ladies, also have added plus size! Will be adding jean skirts soon. Also totes and handbags are in the future. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to eCRATER. I just took a look at your store and only saw one picture of a skirt. The advice given in Dec. 2010 in your original Introduction post hasn't changed, you need good photos of the product you sell! In fact, the importance of good photos has increased since you were here before. Currently, if your photos are smaller than 250px, then you will have Google ads appear between your description and your gallery of other products. If you photo is not at least 800px on one side, your item will be shown in the eCRATER marketplace search after all other items in the search with larger photos. Once your items are sent to Google Shopping, they recommend your photos be larger than 800px on both sides. I only saw 2 photos of your products in your store, one for a skirt and one for a top. All the rest of the photos appeared to show the fabric. The skirt photo is 75px x 161px and the top is 87px x 87. The buyer not only wants to see a larger photo, they want to see the back of the item also.

Your Terms state, "When payment has been posted we will ship your order. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for shipping." These two statements do not agree since your only payment method is PayPal. Payments on eCRATER are designed to be made at the time of checkout. No shipping service I know of would take this amount of time. Your terms state you ship once payment is posted. The Terms of selling on eCRATER state, "- If paid through PayPal/Direct Credit Card Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced." If you take the full 5 business days (call it 7 days with the non-business weekend) and ship the slowest service by the USPS (Standard Mail) which has a service objective of 2 to 9 days, you are looking at 16 days. Even with weekends, that is 3 weeks at best. If you do not make the skirts until you receive the paid order, you should state that in your terms and on the item page. It appears you wait until you receive your paid order and then allow up to 3 weeks to make the item. If you don't make this VERY clear to your buyers, you are going to receive even more negative feedback!

You need to have measurements in all your listings. If the skirt size large, you should show the width of the skirt from seam to seam across the hips with a note how far below the waist you took the measurement. Also, what is the length of the skirt from waist to hem. How deep is the slit? I saw a young woman shopping yesterday that had a skirt that was mid-calf in length, but the slits on each side were a good 6 to 8 inches above her knee. When she knelt to get something from the bottom shelf, the depth of the slit was very revealing.

More keywords in your titles will greatly improve your chance to have your items found by the search engines. You have 100 characters for your title and you should use them to your advantage. I would think people looking for a Scrub Skirt would be looking for one of longer length (below knee), elastic waist, pockets, so add some of those keywords to your title. The same for your tops, add more keywords that buyers would add to their search.

Your photos do show the fabric, but your description doesn't say anything about the fabric. Is it all cotton, cotton blend, permanent press? If I order a Burgundy Top and a Burgundy skirt, will the fabric match? If you are making the items, can I request the top and skirt be made from the same bolt? Maybe this isn't important to some people, but I know if I order from a big company the colors of the top and skirt would match. I also know if you buy the fabric locally, the color can vary from bolt to bolt.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being too picky, but these were my thoughts as I looked at your store. I want all eCRATER sellers to be successful and give the buyers a great experience so they will return to shop eCRATER and tell their friends.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back and good luck with your store.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome back...I was looking and it looks like you have items that are not in stock have active listings...that is also against eCraters rules. It might be good to go over the rules once again. Some things have changed: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php I hope you have many sales!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to create an "Out of Stock" category. Then hide all the out of stock listings and move them to the out of stock category till they are in stock again. That way you don't have to recreate the listing and you are still compliant with eCRATER rules. As your shop stands now you will be shut down because of the out of stock items.

This is easier than going into each out of stock listing and editing it for that Out of Stock sentence.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie's suggestion is a great way to keep track of the items currently out of stock. That would be for your benefit to keep track of the out of stock items. However, it isn't necessary to create a seperate category and move the items. You do have the option of simply hiding the listings that are out of stock. Both options would work, but leaving the item visible when it is out of stock is a violation of eCRATER Terms and will get your store suspended if not corrected.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome back.

I do have a few comments as well, simply to help you sell what you are hoping to. On your home page you state
Quote:
Sister Christian is a faith based company. We are very proud to be Apostolic in faith and Christian in love.
While the first sentence might get by, the second doesn't have any reason to be part of your welcome and could conceivably turn off potential buyers. As a Christian myself, I don't feel that talking about your brand of faith has any bearing on what you sell, other than mentioning on your About us page, that because of your faith you do not wear pants nor sell them (at least that is what I'm gleaning from what you are saying) however, by not providing pants to those that want them, you are going to be missing sales since most buyers aren't going to want to buy a top and hope that they can find pants elsewhere that match the colors. I can also tell you as an RN, NOT wearing pants is more immodest for an active nurse than wearing a skirt or dress can be. I've literally had to crawl under beds to plug them back into the electric outlet and much happier to do that in pants than to provide a 'show' for those around. I spent 3 years as a jail nurse and the last thing I would have ever done was wear a skirt or dress where women hungry inmates would be checking out my legs and trying for peeks up my skirt. I guess what I’m seeing is that you are trying to hold potential buyers to your faith standards and MANY Christian women in health care, etc. want pants. There is nothing wrong with that, and refusing to service that buyer means you are losing out on many sales. Something to think about, it looks like you didn’t sell much when you were open before, perhaps it is time to open your heart up to others that need something different than what you are selling so they can work wearing modest clothing themselves.

You also need to be much more careful of your spelling and grammar. You are committing blunders including in this sentence (which incidentally also has no bearing on what you are selling and shouldn't be included in my opinion)
Quote:
Praise the lord Ladies, the Lord will always make away.
In this sentence away should be two words not one.

Showing miniscule color swatches (that probably won’t match from one computer screen to another) with no description of the type of fabric or a picture of what the top or skirt will look like isn't going to get you sales. Another poster already mentioned that. I do know that since I made my own uniforms, that a simple scrub top once cut out took me 45 minutes sewing time to whip one up and I'm not talking about short little size 4 seams either. Very Happy You have to think like a business person and go through your store as if you had never seen it before and think do you get enough info to buy something. What will the garment look like? What type of fabric is it made out of? Washing instructions? Size and measurements? How many pockets and where are they located - tops should have a minimum two patch pockets on the front with the option of a breast pocket as well. What kind of waist line? Length of skirts and tops? Will the fabrics coordinate with each other? Go look at a scrub uniform on line store and see what information is included there and be sure you are doing that as well. If these are being made as ordered then you need to mention that and how long it will take, but they certainly shouldn't take more than a week to make up.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, as someone who lists clothing items online for sale, must also give my input. I've always tried to have the best photos possible, I'm a little too hard on myself actually when it comes to my photos, but I can say that when I first started listing clothing I only had a photo of the front side of the item. Hardly ever sold any clothing at all. Once I started including photos of the back, the sleeves, close up details of images & buttons, etc. I actually started making some sales on those items.

Having a close up view of the fabric color only, and no other photos to show what the top or skirt actually looks like, both front and back, will not get you any sales either. Buyers cannot be there in person to examine the items for themselves, they need lots of photos to help them determine if the item is right for them. Also, while you do have the lengths listed, sizes vary greatly from brand to brand. You need other measurements like bust, waist, or sleeve length. I've sold brands where a size medium was a 34" bust (about average for a medium) & other brands where an XXL had only a 34" bust too.

I don't wear skirts but if I did, the religious thing would turn me away from your store. To me, it looks as if you are implying that only those that follow your faith are important enough for you to sell to, that you don't care about or wish to interact with others of other faiths. I sell metaphysical, Christian, and Buddhist items, but I keep those categories in the back of my store so as not to offend anyone. In other words, those categories are not featured on my home page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: