eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Regular Flat Rate Envelopes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Regular Flat Rate Envelopes Reply with quote

I wanted to ask. Is anyone else having trouble getting regular flat rate envelopes? I'm completely out and ordered them in mid January and only got the small ones that I ordered. Ordered again last week and just got an email from the PO saying that the small and legal ones that I ordered are on their way, but no regular size ones. Being out, I've lately had to revert to the cheapest flat rate that I can, yet if they don't fit into the small envelope, I have to go up to the legal sized ones, etc. it doesn't seem like much money when there is only a quarter between the two but then I ran out of the legal ones, so then have to go up to yet a more expensive flat rate. Hubby said he will try to get me some at the PO. I just think it is funny that the shipping notice never mentions the regular sized envleopes aren't coming or even an estimated date that they would be available.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the regular sized ones the ones the PO decorates with Christmas ribbon?

If so, that might explain the problem....they are out of Christmas and the old style haven't arrived yet..?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that I've never heard a word of why I haven't gotten the regular ~9x11" one that I've ordered twice. Not even a note to say they are back ordered. Could this be the PO way of getting a little more. by making us use the larger envelope that costs 20 cents more to ship?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly moon. I don't use them anymore but I used to and a while back I had to order those things like 3 times in a 5 month period and still never got them, and no email to say hey we don't have them or just don't wanna send them to you. I started using the padded flat rate envelopes instead. I know they do cost more but it's all the p.o. would send me. I used to use the non-padded ones for the cheaper shipping rate and just do my own padding with bubble wrap for non-fragile items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they did send me the legal ones and they are 20 cents more to ship for each of them, but it is just weird that they don't even mention them or even have on their website that they are out of stock.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Well they did send me the legal ones and they are 20 cents more to ship for each of them, but it is just weird that they don't even mention them or even have on their website that they are out of stock.

I'm going to make an educated guess what is happening here (and based on the two times I was able to receive unusual USPS priority box sizes).

USPS does not make these, they sub-contract with some company that does products of that type. Recent orders of standard box size (and the packing labels on them) make me think that USPS is sub-stocking them as various regional locations. This is likely done so they can move an entire truck load to the regional location, rather than shipping them cross-country one by one. Several years back, I think all my boxes were shipped from Indiana, mosre recently it looks like Jacksonville.

My guess is your regional location ran out, and they are waiting for a truckload to arrive from the factory. There are box manufacturers all over the country. USPS may sub-contract with more than one.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post office runs out of items frequently and merely never sends them. I've never received an email from them about items I've ordered. I wait a while and then order again.

oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some special Priority boxes from the PO, and never got them. However, when I went to the PO, I glanced over at the Priority boxes on display, and found the exact amount of special sizes I ordered. It was a size the PO never carried, so I knew that they just never gave them to me, and put them in their own display racks. I helped myself to several of them. I mentioned it to the clerk who I was friendly with, he just laughed, and threw up his hands. So, you might check at your PO and see if they have the size you need. LOL
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sometimes issues with the Priority Padded Envelopes. I never receive them and need to reorder. I happened like 2 times. Crying or Very sad

The positive, the supplies are free. Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the cartoon. I see the same thing at some grocery stores!

I still have so many different sizes of Priority boxes leftover from when I sold books, etc. on line. They hog space and I don't feel right tossing them (or in our case burning them). Between the regular used shipping boxes and two large bags of air pillows we have so many shipping supplies that I wish I could get someone to take away. I don't want to advertise them though and have people bothering us at all hours, plus they would have to come here to pick things up. Our downstairs bath was built to be handicapped accesible in case I got to the point I couldn't in any way go upstairs but we don't need to the use the handicap shower stall so I store the shipping stuff in there and it is FULL!

Well it sounds like this is nothing unusual for the PO to not send what you want and need, so I'll see if hubby can pick up some right at the PO and then in a couple of weeks try ordering again.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

school-yearbooks wrote:

Picture those windows as cash registers instead, and you've got Wal-mart.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe things will be different now that 40% of Walmart employees are getting a great big whopping raise to $9.00 an hour. Wow! I just don't know how the biggest private sector employer in the US is going to afford those third world country wages!

I guess, the other 60% were either managers or getting paid $9.10.

Nice graphic - by the way. I "shared" it with a few friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: