eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to hide an item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ecoartisan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: How to hide an item Reply with quote

I have an item that's been bought offsite - how do I hide that item?

I heard that it's not a good idea to delete items.

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to edit the item and mark "Hide this product". Delete or not delete the item. It is your decision. As far I can tell. If the item link wasn't "hot" or share in other sites and forums. In one point or other you don't receive not even hits to it.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I delete items all the time for various reasons. Sometimes, I have older items that just will never sell, and I delete them.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hide all sold items no matter where they sell and now that PP has the 6 month return policy, I keep items hidden that long. I write in the selling date and where into the title and hide them in a category named Sold.

Whether to delete or not depends on if you accept returns, if you sell new items and might restock, and if you anticipate trouble with the buyer and need the listing as proof.

eCRATER is my warehouse or mother ship so anything that is on another site is also on eCRATER. It is therefore my control site. When items sell on other sites they vanish and I have no control over them. Here I can manage the sold items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted everything for years and then realized that when I searched for something I would find old sold Etsy listings from 2 years or more prior with the number one spot on Google. Now I just hide things and makes it much easier when I get another copy of a pattern, even if a different size, and the deleted listings do help bring in traffic and questions where I can then direct them to similar items.

So their are all sorts of reasons to delete or not delete.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do delete if I have items I no longer want to have listed either because they've been listed for years and never sold, or because I realize I'm not gonna be able to make more than $2 or $3 profit on them so I just donate them instead to someone who could use them. I had about 32 clothing items listed a few months ago, just using them as filler items until my inventory could be restored a bit more. I managed to add a few hundred more items so I deleted those filler listings & donated the clothes to a local needy family, only keeping the more expensive clothing items listed. Clothing rarely sells anyway so I usually only list them for a short while, then donate if no sales.

For sold items, I keep them for several months before deleting in case the buyer files a complaint with PP & because those links do still bring in traffic because I had those items pinned or shared elsewhere. I've had ppl say I saw this item on pinterest but it's been sold, do you have any more? Why yes I do, just haven't listed them yet. That led to a direct sale after I emailed them a photo of the similar items I had but had not listed yet. I should probably clarify, the clothing I donate is not junky or cheap. It's really nice stuff, I just donate the gently used stuff not new with tags.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: How to hide an item Reply with quote

Ecoartisan wrote:
I heard that it's not a good idea to delete items.

Hide the item now. If you buyer did not depend on the EC listing for the sale, then delete the listing in a few weeks. Due to the long dispute period, items sold via listings here need to be left up for at least 6 months.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: