eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New with Ecrater
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickiemonkey2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: New with Ecrater Reply with quote

Hi hope this sight serves me well...I am on ebay too...How do you view your store #1

#2 how do you add more than one pic when listing please

#3 I will think of something lol
thanks
Jane
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater.

1) http://chickiemonkey2.ecrater.com/

2) You must go to the item, choose edit or choose the camera logo to add/edit photos.

3) Remember in the forum. We are all sellers. If you need to contact the eCrater Staff for big issues. You must contact directly because it is rare see them answering in the forum.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater.

Hope you do well and are VERY successful here.

Be sure to read the forum posts - yes, they are old - in setting up your store. For the most part, they are accurate. A couple of minor changes, but nothing major. They will help you immensely in setting up.

In case you were wondering - about the pics - as far as I know, you can only add one at a time. I hope I am wrong and have been doing it the wrong way. I am hoping someone will come along and correct me on this. But you can add ten pics...which is great. Square is better than rectangle; but rectangle is still okay. I forgot how many pixels - - 1000x1000 will keep it sharp and not hog up your hard drive. 100 characters for titles. Do not forget to do up your about, faq, meta keywords, etc. That is it in a nutshell.

Once again - Welcome. I am thrilled to see another vintage seller. There are a few of us on here.

It is a good thing to at least revisit your about and faq's monthly and revise accordingly. It is imperative that you revise the meta keywords monthly.

There will be others along shortly to greet you.

Good Luck!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

I think you questions have been answered. Keep coming back as more questions arise.

Looks like you have been listing more pics. If there is a way to do more photos at a time, I'd love to know about it.
chickiemonkey2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your welcome and help...I understand this sight is partnered with ebay in a way that we can upload our ebay stores here to...I tried to write Ecrater many times
no responses

I need to know if we have to add our own tags I am at a loss
Jane
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater has a very small staff. They will get back to you pretty quick with a real answer. It just isn't instant.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I understand this sight is partnered with ebay

Just to clarify, eCRATER is not partnered with ebay at all! However they do have the ability to do an ebay download of your items, but please note, that each item you bring over from ebay will need to be edited to get rid of things that were particular to ebay, like talking about auctions, BIN, etc since we don't have those things here. We have stores where all items are available for sale and immediate payment. Generally if you don't receive payment promptly from a buyer about 75% of the time they aren't going to pay (this percentage from my experience).

Anyhow, when your listing is from an ebay download it looks horrible in your store as it is in one huge run on paragraph. Depending on the amount of goods you have to bring over, you may do better and take less time to manually do them. Many of us did prior to the download ability, I personally brought over 1000's of items my first year here.

There are also other rules pertaining to using the ebay download that I don't pay attention to since it isn't anything I need to know about. Some think they can use it to sync there inventory on ebay and ecrater and that isn't so.

Not positive about what tags you are talking about specifically. If you mean Meta tags, you can do that under the Edit text portion on your administration page.
chickiemonkey2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time..I was miss informed about the partnership...so ebay will send down the files and they throw them on or do we one at a time so we can edit

also I meant the attributes ...do we have to do things on Ecrater to boost the SEO
On esty we must list all the tags...
purse
vintage
brown
gucci

ETC
Jane
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please. If you have more questions. Please write in the same topic you create. It is more easy to follow 1 topic than dozens. Thanks.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER is where ebayers who are sick of their greed go to be treated fairly with a shot at making money for themselves.

Proper editing of an ebay listing takes longer than copying and pasting in my experience. I didn't do an upload here but on another site whose name I no longer remember.

If you browse through eCRATER listings you can almost tell which have been imported from eBay and which are hand listed.

There is another problem with bulk uploading. You get all your inventory listed at once and then your store will be dormant for X number of weeks or months till you acquire fresh inventory. The stores that do best are those that have regular additions to their inventory.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On esty we must list all the tags...

In answer to this particular question....on eCrater, each listing does not have its own "tag" section. You put your "tags" in the section called "meta keywords". I think that is what it is called...anyway, in this section you can use 2000 characters for your keywords for all your listings. It is located in the edit text section.

There are a few of us here that are X etsiers or current etsiers. So, we understand what you are talking about.

Plug away - you are doing just fine.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Hope you do well. Ex-ebayer here. I still have my account for buying purposes but have not listed anything over there for sale since 2013.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecrater has to approve your download first and then puts everything in your store and then you have to go and do all that editing, including making categories and putting your inventory in the right categories.

I can't imagine how it would be faster than listing each thing new here on ecrater.

Those tags sound a lot like the attributes that we had to do for a while and now they aren't required. If a word describes your product, make sure that it is in the description.

Edited to say ecrater instead of ebay--ooops!

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a store in eBay, but I still sell stuff in the site only using the "free" promos to list/post items.

About inventory. If you check periodically all your items and your stores/accounts in different sites. The best moment after every sale. You can be at least in 3 different places without big issues.

I believe in the multichannel style. My recommendation if you style have sales in eBay. It is make slow transition to eCrater or the site you choose as homebase. Many eBay sellers make the mistake to just jump from the boat without a lifesaver then some return back to eBay in months. Because many of those sellers never understand how the "Alternative eBay sites" like eCrater work. Here in eCrater and other similar sites technically all or a high percentage of the traffic is from search engines. It means you need to spend some more time working with your stuff and promoting it.

My recommendation for multichannel style:

1) Choose the site for your "homebase". It isn't just a place to "list, sit, and wait". It is the place you will dedicate serious time working with it and promoting it. Learn and know the pro and cons of the site.
2) Not matter if you are a part time/hobby seller or a full time seller. See your stuff as a business. Get in mind business run with math not the heart. For example avoid paranoias or fanaticism ideas about some marketplaces.
3) After you feel establish in your homebase. Expand to other sites and make your personal testing in those sites.
4) Try to expand until you can maintain control of the stuff and have time to deal with it.
5) Never forget to at least log in weekly or every 2 weeks in every account.
6) Only eBay, Amazon, and Etsy have continuous traffic because they have a big membership. It means people go directly to the site to search. In eCrater and other similar sites many people find stuff in organic search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) and similar tools (theFind, Google Products, etc.).
chickiemonkey2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written Ecrater 2 times without them contacting me back about stopping the bulk coming from Ebay. No answer that I have seen.....I do not want this to happen and be a big mess.
thanks
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: