eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal problems.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piinkypiie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Paypal problems. Reply with quote

Hey all!

I am new to this site!

I just created my shop here but i am having problems with the Paypal part.

I am a verified user on Paypal. So when i want to add the Payment options as Paypal, they say my account has been successfully linked with Paypal, but when i go back to ecrater, it isnt linked. There is also no Paypal option for buyers on my items.

Can anyone please explain why and help me? Thanks! Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I can tell you is NOT to use cash on delivery. I don't think it works for international orders. Even if it did it is an expensive mailing option and do you really want to ship something without payment and then hope when it arrives in the US or whever that the person still wants it and is willing to pay?

I don't know why the PP isn't working for you. If someone here doesn't have an answer you might want to contact the ecrater team and ask them. It is Sunday here now and the forums aren't usually as busy so you may not see any answers until tomorrow after the weekend.

I hope you don't mind if I mention something, but you need to redo your photos. You can barely see the earrings due to them being taken basically in the dark. Check out how some of the other jewelry sellers pose their jewelry for the maximum good photos. Same with the Little pony hanging there in the dark. For something like that little pony you want several shots form different angles so the buyer is assured that about what they are getting. You are allowed up to 10 photos for free here so take advantage of that and well as 100 characters in the title.

Just looked at your photo again and see that they are 'windchimes'. Woops! They look as small as earrings hanging attached to the drapes like that. How big are they? Nor do I have any idea what this means
Quote:
Stocks
12-seashell
2- bird *HOT SELLING

You definitely need a lot more in the title (remember you can use up to 100 characters) as the title is your main source of keywords for the search engines as is the first several lines of your description. Brand New in box isn't a keyword. You want to start a description with what you are selling and describe it and somewhere along that line include the brand new in box. And you need to be clear if a person is getting one windchime or both. If one, you need a separate listing for each and photos with only one wind chime in the photo--the one that goes with your listing.

I apologize if this is stuff you didn't want to hear, etc. but wanted to help you get a good start in selling.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Check the e-mail address of your PayPal. It isn't the 1rst time or last time many people made that single mistake.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your admin section here by logging into your ecrater store acct.
Click on payment options, click on LINK IT next to paypal. This will open a pop up window or take you directly to paypal depending on the browser you use. After it asks you to verify your paypal acct. password and click accept to agree to link paypal to your store here, it should direct you back to ecrater automatically.

Here's where I think you're messing up. Even though it shows as successfully linked in your ecrater acct. you have to hit "update" aka "submit" at the bottom of your payment options screen in your ecrater acct. Just linking paypal will not do, you have to click update on that page too after it's linked or it will not be fully linked & will not show as a checkout option in your store.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piinky Piie?

Hmm, Pinkie Pie!

Let me guess! You will be selling My Little Pony items?
If so, good luck! I just sold out of my entire MLP inventory in 2 days. Got over $100 for all my blind bag figures and $41 for 2 rare figures!
piinkypiie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
One thing I can tell you is NOT to use cash on delivery. I don't think it works for international orders. Even if it did it is an expensive mailing option and do you really want to ship something without payment and then hope when it arrives in the US or whever that the person still wants it and is willing to pay?

I don't know why the PP isn't working for you. If someone here doesn't have an answer you might want to contact the ecrater team and ask them. It is Sunday here now and the forums aren't usually as busy so you may not see any answers until tomorrow after the weekend.

I hope you don't mind if I mention something, but you need to redo your photos. You can barely see the earrings due to them being taken basically in the dark. Check out how some of the other jewelry sellers pose their jewelry for the maximum good photos. Same with the Little pony hanging there in the dark. For something like that little pony you want several shots form different angles so the buyer is assured that about what they are getting. You are allowed up to 10 photos for free here so take advantage of that and well as 100 characters in the title.

Just looked at your photo again and see that they are 'windchimes'. Woops! They look as small as earrings hanging attached to the drapes like that. How big are they? Nor do I have any idea what this means
Quote:
Stocks
12-seashell
2- bird *HOT SELLING

You definitely need a lot more in the title (remember you can use up to 100 characters) as the title is your main source of keywords for the search engines as is the first several lines of your description. Brand New in box isn't a keyword. You want to start a description with what you are selling and describe it and somewhere along that line include the brand new in box. And you need to be clear if a person is getting one windchime or both. If one, you need a separate listing for each and photos with only one wind chime in the photo--the one that goes with your listing.

I apologize if this is stuff you didn't want to hear, etc. but wanted to help you get a good start in selling.

Ok thanks. I know Cash on delivery is not a good idea for international, but its the ONLY option i can get coz PP is not working.

btw that means what i have left in stocks.
piinkypiie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Quote:

Check the e-mail address of your PayPal. It isn't the 1rst time or last time many people made that single mistake.

email is correct, still not linking.
piinkypiie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMysteriousRose wrote:
Go to your admin section here by logging into your ecrater store acct.
Click on payment options, click on LINK IT next to paypal. This will open a pop up window or take you directly to paypal depending on the browser you use. After it asks you to verify your paypal acct. password and click accept to agree to link paypal to your store here, it should direct you back to ecrater automatically.

Here's where I think you're messing up. Even though it shows as successfully linked in your ecrater acct. you have to hit "update" aka "submit" at the bottom of your payment options screen in your ecrater acct. Just linking paypal will not do, you have to click update on that page too after it's linked or it will not be fully linked & will not show as a checkout option in your store.

i followed what you said. but here's the thing. after successfully linking the account on the paypal site, it directs me back to ecrater and on the ecrater site, the PP is shown as not linked.

yes i am gonna be selling mlp stuff
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
btw that means what i have left in stocks.

Not anything a customer needs to know. Be sure you put the correct quantity for each kind of windchime in the quantity box, actually you need to do this with each item you sell. If the customer wants more than one and you have a larger quantity, then they can indicate how many they want when checking out otherwise when you sell one you have to go back and fix your listing which is a silly waste of time.

I mentioned it before, but currently that listing is set up so that a buyer will think that they are getting both windchimes for $3. If they will only get one of them, then you need a separate listing for both. If they do get both then you need to say so!

Quote:
Ok thanks. I know Cash on delivery is not a good idea for international, but its the ONLY option i can get coz PP is not working.

I would take down the COD anyhow and leave your store on hold until such a time as your PP problem is figured out and you can offer it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can offer Stripe too. Have you tried setting this up using a different browser. I know IE can cause all sorts of glitches. Many sellers have complained about problems using ecrater with IE. They switch over to Firefox or Google Chrome and everything works fine then. Just a suggestion, may not help.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COD is not good anywhere, not just international.

It's hard to tell since you only have 2 items up so far and offer very little information but from your description of the MLP are you selling used items? Generally if an item is brand new we don't go into detail on condition. The fact it is brand new says it should be in perfect condition. If the items are used, then yes you need detailed descriptions of condition.

Do you have a bank account and credit card on file with PayPal? These are required for a business account.
piinkypiie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMysteriousRose wrote:
You can offer Stripe too. Have you tried setting this up using a different browser. I know IE can cause all sorts of glitches. Many sellers have complained about problems using ecrater with IE. They switch over to Firefox or Google Chrome and everything works fine then. Just a suggestion, may not help.

currently using google chrome.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piinkypiie, Welcome to eCRATER. I'm sorry you are having such a problem with PayPal. From the sounds of this discussion, I'd really suggest to go to the home page of eCRATER.com and use the contact button to send a message to the eCRATER team. The forum is primarily seller to seller help and it sounds like you need direct help from eCRATER. They are able to see behind the scene in your admin.

Using Stripe was mentioned and it is a great service. However, it is only available to sellers in some countries and it has not been introduced to Singapore yet.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal problems. Reply with quote

piinkypiie wrote:
Hey all!

I am new to this site!

I am a verified user on Paypal. So when i want to add the Payment options as Paypal, they say my account has been successfully linked with Paypal, but when i go back to ecrater, it isnt linked. There is also no Paypal option for buyers on my items.

Can anyone please explain why and help me? Thanks! Very Happy

You have chosen PayPal Checkout as your payment option and it is working. If a customer clicks the Buy Now button on a product page, it is loaded into the shopping cart. At that point the customer would click the PayPal Checkout button and that takes the customer to the PayPal website.

You do have a problem with PayPal in that your S/H costs are not added in. For the 2 products you have listed it looks like you intend to charge $15.00, flat rate shipping for each product. Open the Edit function of each product to check what you entered for shipping.

The PayPal graphic on each of your product pages is not supposed to be clickable. That's just there to display the payment option you accept.

Hope this helps.
ralph
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFF TOPIC -ish but don't want to open a whole thread about paypal.

Are they sending a PDF file to print for a label now ? the normal popup said something on the terms of, it's still looking to load, I can't remember the exact two words but was as if it couldn't show me the label but the blank frame did popup. While that was trying to load is when it popped up the pdf file download. using IE10

It all seemed to work and I am glad I had a PDF viewer (not adobe either).
I printed the PDF file off my computer for the label and they did subtract the shipping fee in the paypal balance. But now I have a .PDF file, so I suppose we now keep those files for proof now ? is that the plan.

Just wondering if they changed, or, is it my computer-browser fallback symptom type thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: