eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Salutations! New seller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs-Matched

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Salutations! New seller Reply with quote

Hello everyone. My name is Billie Jean, and I am new here. I have been selling for a long time on ebay and etsy, and decided to give this a try. A good friend told me about ecrater, and suggested I give it a try.

About me,
I live in very hot and sunny Tucson, Arizona. I have lived in several other places, like New England, California, and Florida, but always come back here. I love the mountains, the warm temps year round, and being able to swim and BBQ in December! I am a full time student of paralegal studies, a public notary self employed, a full time mom, and grandma who takes care of my granddaughter instead of her going to daycare. I am an avid collector and picker, and love finding estate sale treasures. My online income supplements the many renovations I have planned for my home, and goes toward college accounts for my kids, and grandkids. Razz

So I am still figuring out this site, and hope to have tons of items available soon. Any pointers and advice would be oh so appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Take up to four days to look at everything I offer before paying. I discount the shipping cost on multiple purchases that can be shipped together, so contact me prior to paying for shipping total. Payment is due within 4 days for paypal, and stripe,

Just a heads up. Ecrater is set up for instant payments, unlike ebay where you can spend days waiting for payment. Everything here is 'buy it now' and you should expect most payments in full immediately. Orders that come through without a payment tend to never be paid for. If I see an order come through without a payment, within hours I email them, ask them if they needed help with checkout. You will be ignored at least 50% of the time and never hear from them again, part of the time they may be courteous enough to say they changed their minds and a few times they will ask for help or will then pay. In your email to them, even if they didn't pay, I am sure to invite them to come shop again. What a treat to not have a buyer mad at you if they change their minds! Very Happy

There is no set up within ecrater to really monitor unpaid items. There is no Non-paying buyer nonsense here either, nor can you block buyers. Some that are new to ecrater get almost viscious when someone doesn't pay and they want to block them and tell everyone else to block them. Can't be done. No skin off our backs either since we lose no fees, and as long as it is unpaid, it is still available for sale (which means if someone indicates that they will pay via MO or check, that you should manually hide the item until paid for). Even if it is a marketplace sale, there are no fees if the item isn't paid for, so no worries there. So yep things are different here and a whole lot less ulcer producing. Very Happy

Welcome and I hope all goes well for you here.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If buyers want to look around for a few days before ordering that is fine, but they can't watch items, save their cart, or place an order then wait around and shop some more before paying. Maybe you should specify that in your terms. With Stripe & Paypal express they are required to pay the day they add items to their cart. Only with paypal standard can buyers checkout then take their good ole time before paying & ecrater has disabled paypal standard for new stores. New stores can only accept paypal express & stripe for online payment methods.

Let us know when you've added some items so we can take a better look around but for now, it's great that you have filled out your terms, contact us, and about us pages. Many new sellers here don't think it's important to tell buyers about returns or shipping times, then they wonder why no sales within 3 days. Good luck, welcome!
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome fellow vintage seller and Etsyan.

I hope you do well.

If you have any questions, feel free to come to the forums.

So far, your site is looking pretty good. Hang in there - it will all fall into place.

Good Luck!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from another vintage seller. I also sell in a small way on Etsy.

If you enter accurate weights in your listings, set up your shipping matrix correctly and are using USPS calculated for shipping charges, combined purchases shipping should be accurate and there would be no reason for inquiry emails regarding shipping rate.

If you don't charge shipping in the purchase order, you can't ask for it after the fact. Always figure in the cost of packaging, insurance, tracking and other incidentals into your rates as needed. If the combined rate the system comes up with is excessive it is a simple task to refund the buyer after the fact via PP or Stripe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: