eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Seller - BeadSouk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeadSouk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: New Seller - BeadSouk Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Diane Schamp and I just opened up my bead supply shop here a few days ago. My link: http://beadsouk.eCrater.com

BeadSouk specialty is to offer smaller quantities of jewelry supplies intended for those crafters who may only need a few things to complete some of their jewelry projects.

I am still filling up my shop but do have one category completed.

The only question I have is the shipping matrix and what number to use in the weight field in the listing. What are the units, ounces? Does the number 1 mean 1 ounce? I am assuming ounces. The number 1 would mean 1 ounce, the number 2 means 2 ounces, etc.??

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only question I have is the shipping matrix and what number to use in the weight field in the listing. What are the units, ounces? Does the number 1 mean 1 ounce? I am assuming ounces. The number 1 would mean 1 ounce, the number 2 means 2 ounces, etc.??

I means whatever you want it to mean. I sell sewing patterns and the 1 means one pattern and the prices is for shipping the average weight pattern + shipping supplies, etc. If I have a pattern that is double in weight than average, I will assign it a weight of two when listing it so I have enough postage especially when it comes to international shipping.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Moonwishes says, you can use the matrix however you would like.

I have mine filled out, but it will only be used if the USPS site goes down. I filled in my matrix "literally". Another words, I just looked up the postage for the pounds and used it like that. Of course, I usually ship glass or pottery so it just makes sense to me. You might want to use ounces since your items are light weight. I know there are a few bead sellers that come to the forums, I am sure you will get some help shortly.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bead seller and I do it like Moonwishes. Beads and findings are pretty light weight. When I have something heavier, I use a higher weight on the scale, I think of it as number of items and use $3.00 as my weight for the first few boxes, then go up from there.

Hope you have many sales. Very Happy
BeadSouk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your responses, I still don't really understand.

I usually sell in pieces, for instance, $2.69 for the first item, then 0.12 for each additional item. How do I reflect this method into the shipping matrix and into the weight field for each listing.?

So far I have input a number 1 into the Weight field of each of my item listing, and filled in the Shipping Matrix assuming ounces. For instance, $2.69 in column 1, $2.69 in column 2. $3.05 in column 4.

What if someone buys an item and buys a quantity of more than one of the same item? This is where I am confused? Are they charged $2.69 for each item ordered?

What if they buy 10 different items, are they charged $2.69 for each item? Gosh, I don't want to overcharge.

I tried adding items to my cart to see what the shipping would be but the shipping charges do not show up in the cart?

Any help would be appreciated.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe, you would put 2.69 in column one; 2.81 in column 2; etc.

Does that make sense?
BeadSouk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
I believe, you would put 2.69 in column one; 2.81 in column 2; etc.

Does that make sense?

Yes, starting to understand the shipping matrix, yes, that makes sense.

But, what about the Weight field in the item listing, do I just put a 1 if just selling 1 of that item?

Do I add a 6 into the Weight field if I have 6 of the same items for sale?
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you would put a 1.
no, you would put a 6 where it asks for quantity, you would put a 1 in the weight field. You are doing it, how Moonwishes does it.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one item is bought, they would be charged $2.69, if they bought 4 items they would be charged $3.05. I know it hard to wrap your mind around the matrix....but there will be an ah-ha moment. For me... those numbers mean the number of items bought, so I put 1 in the weight space in most listings. Then ecrater takes the number of 1's bought and charges the customer for the price under that number on the matrix.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put 1 for weight, if you have 6 of the same item, put that in the quantity box
BeadSouk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
yes, you would put a 1.
no, you would put a 6 where it asks for quantity, you would put a 1 in the weight field. You are doing it, how Moonwishes does it.

Thank you so much for clearing things up. I guess I was doing it properly but wanted to make sure my thinking was right.
BeadSouk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Just put 1 for weight, if you have 6 of the same item, put that in the quantity box

Thanking you for answering my question. I'm getting it now.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I usually sell in pieces, for instance, $2.69 for the first item, then 0.12 for each additional item. How do I reflect this method into the shipping matrix and into the weight field for each listing.?

So far I have input a number 1 into the Weight field of each of my item listing, and filled in the Shipping Matrix assuming ounces. For instance, $2.69 in column 1, $2.69 in column 2. $3.05 in column 4.

What if someone buys an item and buys a quantity of more than one of the same item? This is where I am confused? Are they charged $2.69 for each item ordered?

Forget that thinking. For one thing remember that shipping and handling have to cover shipping supplies, runs to the post office as well so adding those teeny, tiny amounts is pointless. Do something like put $3.00 in the 1 column, then $3.50 in the 2, $4.00 in the 4, etc. When a person orders several different items, the matrix will return the shipping for all your items. At the 6 column I charge $6.50 which is for Priority here in the US and that is as high as I go for US postage. You might want to wait until you are at 8 and then put $6.50 in each of the rest of the columns across with $0.00 at 16+. At that point however many different items they buy you will be shipping via Priority so you will never have problems with shipping costs and frankly you save money by not having as many PP/Stripe fees to deal with (like you have with smaller orders). It has worked out well for me. Your customers will think they are getting a deal when they order 10 items and see what the shipping is and then think I wonder what happens if I buy 15 items and the shipping doesn't change. Hope this makes sense, it is time for my nap Very Happy
BeadSouk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

I means whatever you want it to mean. I sell sewing patterns and the 1 means one pattern and the prices is for shipping the average weight pattern + shipping supplies, etc. If I have a pattern that is double in weight than average, I will assign it a weight of two when listing it so I have enough postage especially when it comes to international shipping.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out. Everyone is so nice here, and very helpful.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were all posting at the same time....luckily we all said the same thing. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: