eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Kraft Mac N' Cheese Recall & Other News...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Kraft Mac N' Cheese Recall & Other News... Reply with quote

KRAFT MAC N CHEESE RECALL
If you have not already heard about it, the Kraft foods company has recalled all batches of original Mac n' Cheese that has dates of best by from Sept. to Oct. of 2015. This is the original Mac in the blue box with the powdered cheese. Several customers have found tiny pieces of sharp metal in the product, maybe a piece of the manufacturing equipment broke off into those batches? Just check your dates. Don't discard the boxes, many grocery stores are offering reimbursement or exchanges for those boxes also Kraft is usually very friendly and polite with issues like this so if you call them you'll probably get a coupon for free products.

CRAIGSLIST AD RESULTS IN WOMAN'S BABY BEING TAKEN FROM WOMB
Just saw on the news that a local woman was killed from another Craigslist meet up. This is the 4th time I've seen this particular thing happen but it happened around here. A pregnant woman with low income was lured to someone's house in hopes of getting free baby clothing. She was told they had so much free stuff to give away that they couldn't possibly picture it all on CL with the max photo allotment that CL allows, and that she'd have to come to their home to see them. Turns out it was a couple wanting a baby of their own. Gorey details left out, they ended up removing her unborn child from her womb with vicious means and the woman did not survive. The lady involved later went to the hospital claiming it was her baby and that she'd had a miscarriage & delivered a still born.

Crazy world we live in. All the more reason for a tiny built female like me to stop listing on CL. I stopped a while back for other reasons but still, even with meeting others in public only and not at their homes it makes you nervous hearing stories like this. I just don't understand why a vulnerable pregnant woman would go to someone's house alone claiming they had too much stuff to show photos of online. That woulda set off a big red flag in my mind but, I understand. Those crazy people that did that were playing on her emotions. Using the fact that she was expecting and was financially unstable to lure her in and try and take her child from her. Just awful but I understand how it would be easy to fall for that. If you're having a baby but have no money, someone offering you a truckload of free baby goods even if it seems a little off would be hard to pass up. She was probably thinking, what if this is for real? I need all that stuff for my baby so I have to go see for my self.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why anyone would eat that Kraft crap anyway. It would be a good "food" to feed your enemy - after all it has shrapnel in it. Hey maybe I will suggest that to the Defense department.

Why would a tiny built women be any more vulnerable than a not tiny built women? Or, for that fact, a man of any size. That women was not attacked because of her size. Personally, this 4'10" little ol' lady wouldn't go anywhere without packing.

You have to feel for this young woman. She had nothing. She was trying to provide for her child even tho she had nothing. In the end, her child is going to start out with nothing - certainly not the love of her mother.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The baby didn't make it. I wasn't saying the woman was small. I am small so could easily be a target myself. I had two guys try to jump me and my friend downtown last summer just because her rich mother gave her a nice designer purse because she didn't make enough to buy those kinds of things. She had nothing to her name but because of her nice coach purse and fancy clothes her mom got her for her birthday, hers were raggedy and old, they thought we were rich girls. If I wouldn't have been packing myself they woulda snatched our purses, got no money from it (she was broke and my payday wasn't for another few days) and ended up taking our ID and cards which are a pain to replace if stolen. But I have a legal conceiled carry permit so, not doing anything wrong. And I don't eat that powdered junk either, just informing others here who might.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said, MR, it is a crazy crazy world. You just have to feel bad for the family. Terrible - horrible situation.

As for the Mac and Cheese, I am sure the same people that feed that crap to their two legged family members are the same people that feed their four legged family members that crap from China that had several recalls in the last year...They are really exaggerating when they market either one of them as "food" for anyone.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what really irritates me. It's not even real food. The boxes say pasteurized cheese food PRODUCT. Anything that says food product, is not real food it's a byproduct of "some" real food mixed with preservatives and other cancer causing junk. I watch a lot of documentaries.

Anyway, I volunteer at the local food bank regularly and have worked for many more of them in my area. Those families come in there with 3 kids, only making about $10,000 a year gross income between wife and hubby. Obviously starving half to death, 6 year old clothes with dirt & holes. They need help and it's easy to see. What they give them?

5 boxes of powdered Mac n Cheese, off brand not even Kraft.
5 cans of green beans (yuck), 5 cans of potatoes, 1 box of cereal with no milk, no bread, no lunch meat. And 2 rolls of TP. What on earth is a family of 5 supposed to do with that? Make a green bean potato cheerios casserole? I just love how people with decent food think, well I won't eat this crap so I'll pawn it off on a poor family. Chances are, if you don't like it, they don't either but they have no other choice. And 2 rolls of TP? A single family of one can go thru that much TP in a month alone.

My dad ended up getting some funding for a better food pantry uptown. They give out Bob Evans sausage, bacon, canned gravy, bread, milk, fresh fruit, frozen biscuits. Still not healthy, but better than green bean Cheerios casserole.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the food pantries probably do the best that they can. I believe that most of the food is donated from the local grocery stores. I would think that the grocery stores donate expired "food" items.

I am sure that the food pantries would rather provide quality food, but they have to give out whatever is donated.

I think it is a shame that we feed out less fortunate families in the USA crap and we donate millions to foreign countries - millions. What ever happened to taking care of your own.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheap brands are better now days. They don't have the money to make a cheap chemical cardboard tasting product.
Now they are allowed to merger with heinze, yay our government looking out for us, so they can move to China so we can be green global warming, lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and re-import the China made food.

I have been buying off brands now for a while, long time it seems. All those "good" brands are just to prefab and fake, no flavor, funky textures, ucky elbow noodles now also.

After all we need to burn our food and export the rest of the top of the line food and ruin the crops and burn more food, as in here it goes, gonna say it, car alcohol burn our food for fuel, so here it is, again GLOBAL WARMING yeeeehaw. The most non scientific sicko nonsense to control people, that's all it is. If it WASN'T for "science" I might believe in global warming too.

So now the crap food from Kraft joins Hienze for an even MORE plastic food, the metal shavings probably added nutation.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: