eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater has begun promoting items on Twitter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: eCrater has begun promoting items on Twitter Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ecrater
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have never promoted anything from my store Sad
But I've seen Chinese sellers with horrible feedback being promoted and newbies with no sales & only 15 items listed being promoted. You'd think they'd only focus on promoting sellers in good standing.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose, did you even bother looking to see what they are promoting on Twitter? They haven't posted on Twitter since 2012. Since March 19th they've posted 7 times and I think they made good selections. Maybe you should look before you speak.

Thanks for posting the link CosmicRay.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't referring to Twitter, was talking about some things I've seen promoted on FB & they have some items featured within a few of the categories in the marketplace. The category featured items were all chinese sellers with bad feedback & a few sellers with no sales at all.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While technically, I was born in China....I had a item shown and the other items I have looked at were all USA sellers. But I think that the fact that I was born in Taiwan had little to do with the fact that my beads were featured. I guess they like me Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy, your items are nice.

This was someone with a -52% feedback with buyers stating the items were replicas but listed as authentic or that they broke within a few days. It just made me wonder if ecrater actually checks the statuses of stores before sharing. I just figured they'd want to make the site look good as a whole.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The facebook posts are also posted to the Twitter feed. Did you all know you can do that if you have a page? That is why you are seeing some tweets.

I think Ecrater is trying to increase their social media presence. The latest posts and tweets do not feature bad stores. I have been pinning to my Ecrater boards on Pinterest and you would be amazed at the huge variety of stores here. I would imagine it is very hard to police them constantly and try to do Facebook and all the other types of social media at the same time.

For those of you that participate in Twitter and FB, what do you do to promote Ecrater? Do you share or retweet posts? Do you mention ecrater at all? Do you have your ecrater homepage link on your FB and Twitter page? Everyone needs to work together in order to make Ecrater a household name. Etsy has over a million likes on Fb and Twitter but ecrater only has 8000.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Ecrater is trying to increase their social media presence.

I know the eCrater crew is little and it isn't easy promote the site in every social media. But after seen all the polls, news, reports, etc about the impact of sales based in social media. Obviously somebody is trying to catch the train.

Seriously, I don't care who eCrater chose to promote in their social media sites. It is their decision. The focus is promote the marketplace.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favoriting these posts can do not harm, and it actually helps in the long run.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, no complaints here man. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've been wondering a while since we started receiving both: Which has the greater power in Twitter--the favorite or the retweet? Which is better to do and which has the longer lasting impact?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the retweet, since that was how Ellen DeGeneres broke Twitter last year at the Oscars (for a bit anyway)
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retweet. They have a higher opportunity to get seen by others, or so one would think.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'retweet' means that the original post shows up in your timeline, and in the timeline of anyone who is following you. While true that that will cause more exposure, I would be cautious about doing that profligately, as it may cause people to 'mute' or 'unfollow' you if you are cluttering up their timeline excessively. In my personal twitter account I have a list called 'high traffic', where I have quarantined those people I follow, who are hell bent to retweet everything even slightly interesting (to them). Some of them retweet hundreds a day. I do check that list now and then, but the timeline from those people is usually dense.

The 'favorite' will cause the post to marked as a favorite, and will not appear directly in your timeline, or in the timeline of anyone following you. It will however, appear randomly in the list when someone who follows you clicks on '#discover' (up on the top window bar). The original tweet'er may get a notification that the post was favorited (same for a retweet).

I'm not trying to say "don't retweet", but I am suggesting to use it intelligently if you appreciate your followers.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
The 'retweet' means that the original post shows up in your timeline, and in the timeline of anyone who is following you. While true that that will cause more exposure, I would be cautious about doing that profligately, as it may cause people to 'mute' or 'unfollow' you if you are cluttering up their timeline excessively. In my personal twitter account I have a list called 'high traffic', where I have quarantined those people I follow, who are hell bent to retweet everything even slightly interesting (to them). Some of them retweet hundreds a day. I do check that list now and then, but the timeline from those people is usually dense.

The 'favorite' will cause the post to marked as a favorite, and will not appear directly in your timeline, or in the timeline of anyone following you. It will however, appear randomly in the list when someone who follows you clicks on '#discover' (up on the top window bar). The original tweet'er may get a notification that the post was favorited (same for a retweet).

I'm not trying to say "don't retweet", but I am suggesting to use it intelligently if you appreciate your followers.

Great post Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: