eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Crazy boom of thunder at 3 a.m. sounded like gun shots...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Crazy boom of thunder at 3 a.m. sounded like gun shots... Reply with quote

We had a loud boom of thunder last night around 3:00 am that sounded like someone was literally shot in our home. When that happened, lightning struck our house. It turned on all the electronics simultaneously, the washer, the Jacuzzi tubs, burnt a huge black spot on the wall because it fried the wiring. Tore up my parents Tv, the landline phone, the internet & Tv boxes.

Our cable provider has been out here all day, just got a new internet/phone modem installed but my parents have taken my Tv/computer monitor combo until they can buy a new one. Also tore up their $2,800.00 ovens. Somehow it bypassed my room & I'm the only one in the house whose electronics were not ruined. Good thing, I just spent $764 on a new Tv, stereo, and Blu-ray player 3 months ago. But it fried the wireless router too so, I'm stuck using the computer in my dad's library for now which means no computer after they go to bed since it's right by their room.

They will hear me tapping away at the keys right on the other side of their heads so...and they go to bed super early which is not cool. I cannot go all night without Wi-Fi I have too many things to do business wise. My neices came running in my room crying their eyes out when it happened, and the dog was whimpering at my door demanding to be held. But we have copper plumbing in the house so our house gets struck by lighting about once every 5 years. We have lost so many electronics and light fixtures!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of that matters, copper pipes or even bad wiring or perfect wiring.
A poopload of electrons just needed to get to the earth, and pick the path of least resistance.

Things get really weird when voltage is so high. The only thing I can say is make sure you have that metal rod in the ground to about 3 feet in the dirt and make sure the connections to are all nice and clean. I made ours a little better outside last year.

so you might want to recheck that grounding rod, and if there isn't one (there should be) you could even add another one for that matter.

even doing that it's a choice of blowing up 1 item compared to 10. But that lightning is so dang strong it just blasts through whatever path it wants to take.

Like acid or lye or fire and electricity, it's working at the atomic level and there is no going back EVER, once those affect or ruin things.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: