eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello - Newbie here
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zelomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Hello - Newbie here Reply with quote

Hi everybody!

I am new here. I joined a couple of days ago and I have to say I love how easy it is to use ecrater.

I am loving it so far.

I am currently creating a little store of collectibles, second-hand items, old-books, stamps, jewellery (new), etc etc

Come and take a look http://zelomi.ecrater.com/

I hope you like it!

Glad to be here Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't look at your store, but sales or no sales this place puts the fun factor back in, unlike that other four letter word site.
Zelomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def! Smile

I really like it because is dead easy to use. And has unlimited listings
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted a big NO NO you may want to fix before you get suspended. On your terms pages you say when we use the terms "we, us, our" below we are referring to ecrater.com. You then continue to list your policies using terms such as our store, or we will. This makes it look like you are saying you are ecrater.com and that your store is owned by ecrater. You need to revise those terms, take out all that legal jargon stuff and do not refer to ecrater at all in your terms. Ecrater does not own your store, you do, you are just using ecrater's platform to store the products in your store and to host your store for free.

If you have any unhappy customers at any time in the future, when they read your terms they will contact ecrater directly for help because they will assume ecrater staff is running your store. Please fix that before they suspend you & your products disappear.
Zelomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your information. I will change that straight away.

I did not intend to hold ecrater responsible for anything, of course, just as the main hosting platform. I am going to have a look and change as necessary.

I really appreciate your comment/help on this. Smile
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Your store looks well set up otherwise so I didn't want you to get suspended before you had a chance to start selling here.
Zelomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I am going to the terms as it is, and changing things.

I got this paragraph:

"Our store is hosted on Ecrater.com. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you."

Can I leave that on? Shall I mention that ecrater is not responsible at all for my items, etc? Or shall I remove it altogether?

Thanks again!
x
Zelomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've changed everything, and I think is ok now.

I have left this on:

"Our store is hosted on Ecrater.com. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. However, under no circumstances is Ecrater.com liable for any product listed on this website. Nor are they liable for any dispute it might arise between vendor and buyer. Zelomi's Treasures takes full responsibility for the contents of this website and is solely responsible for customers, billing, shipping, disputes, etc. "

Is this ok? Or shall I remove that paragraph altogether?

Thanks!
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I did a quick walk thru your site. Looks very interesting and that you have put a lot of effort into the write up.

I hope you do well here.

Once again, Welcome.
Zelomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Atmemory lane, many thanks!

I already feel very welcome here, with all the greetings and helpful advice.

Its nice been part of something awesome.

And thanks, I am glad you like my site. I have tons of stuff I have collected through the years, and others that I purposely go out and haunt for. I am a big fan of old stuff, specially books Smile

Thanks again!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to you, but I would leave out the whole statement. Just consider it's your baby. I always say to run the store as if it was you buying from yourself.
Would you care if ecrater is hosting ? my opinion is the more stuff (policy) is just more clutter.
I kind of overdone mine, I need to rehash it over and shorten things some day.
After 30 years of one on one over the counter and personal. The thing that matters far and above a "refund or return" is if you keep on them if they email you, or send a more personal email once you have a shipping tracking number. Policy be damned if the place puts me on the back burner.
Zelomi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Better way :

you might be right then. Smile

I'll take your advice and take the whole thing out Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelomi. Welcome. I think you need to look at some of the other ecrater sellers terms of service. Yours is full of legal jargon that isn't needed, such as not inflicting a virus into the site, etc. I don't have a clue where you got all that legal mumbo jumbo, but as someone that loves to read, I wouldn't even read all of that, nor I doubt would any customer and what little bit I glanced at has nothing to do with your store. I would delete it entirely and start new after studying up what is needed. You don't own the website so much of that has no bearing on your store.

This should be the terms of service for YOUR store. Such as a recap of payments you can take (only ecrater approved ones), how quick you ship, refund info, wrong address rules, things like that.
Zelomi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI moonwish, thank you for your comment.

I think i will sit down this weekend and have a long read through it and re-write them and take out what isn't needed.

Thanks for your advice!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

I have a problem with several of your terms.

1. How will you know if someone uses your products for illegal purposes?

2. You are responsible for supplying accurate information. Have no idea why you would think otherwise.

3. You cannot change a price after purchase. You may edit your prices at any time if it has not been purchased. Once an item has been paid for you cannot ask for additional money.

Are these your own designs that you don't want being reproduced?
4. Why wouldn't you sell to dealers and resellers? If they pay your price what difference does it make if they turn around and list it in another store?

5. I'm assuming section 8 refers to the ads in some stores. It is better to state your warning in plain English as those ads can be a real safety concern and will definitely take the shopper away from your store. The problem with warning about them is that it is very unlikely a shopper will see the warning. If they are reading your terms it is probable they have made a decision to buy and are just checking you our.

6. As far as privacy of buyer's information, that is held temporarily by eCRATER and the payment processor. You never see anything other than their name, address and email.

7. Your advice re prohibited use of the site is eCRATER's advice for seller's opening stores on eCRATER. It has nothing to do with buyers.

I just realized that you have copied or edited eCRATER's legalese for buyers.
This only applies to how you and eCRATER do business. It has nothing to do with transaction between your buyers and you.

I notice that several of your books are not in English. You need to also give the title in English in the title line as well as the published language.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: